Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A WISE WOMAN in SCRIPTURE who made an "executive" decision

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A WISE WOMAN in SCRIPTURE who made an "executive" decision bonnie knox
Perhaps not all of you are familiar with this scripture. I don't think my own pastor is familiar with it because he made a joke around Christmas about there not being any wise women in the Bible (in contrast to the "wise men").

(And yes, I'm playing on the word "execute." Follow along and you will see.)

In 2 Samuel 20, when Joab and his troops besieged the city of Abel of Bethmaacah, a place renown for its wise people, a woman of the city demanded an audience with Joab and appealed to him to not to destroy the city. Joab negotiated by saying he would spare the city in exchange for the fugitive Sheba, a man in revolt against the king, who had taken refuge there. The woman made an executive decision, "Behold, his head shall be thrown to thee over the wall."
2 Samuel 20:
22 Then the woman went unto all the people in her wisdom. And they cut off the head of Sheba the son of Bichri, and cast it out to Joab. And he blew a trumpet, and they retired from the city, every man to his tent. And Joab returned to Jerusalem unto the king.

It seems some men in our day have a fear of a woman making an executive decision.
I'd say it worked out very well in 2 Samuel 20.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/20/16 11:52 am

Post Here's another... maqqebet
Quote:
Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time. She used to sit under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim; and the sons of Israel came up to her for judgment. Judges 4:4-5

"Who is like you, Adonai, among the mighty?" (Exodus 15:11, CJB)
Acts Enthusiast
6/20/16 12:36 pm

Post Re: Here's another... bonnie knox
Oh, how terribly sad they were in such a terrible pass they couldn't find a man to do it!!

maqqebet wrote:
Quote:
Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time. She used to sit under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim; and the sons of Israel came up to her for judgment. Judges 4:4-5
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/20/16 12:42 pm

Post Re: A WISE WOMAN in SCRIPTURE who made an "executive" decision Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Perhaps not all of you are familiar with this scripture. I don't think my own pastor is familiar with it because he made a joke around Christmas about there not being any wise women in the Bible (in contrast to the "wise men").

(And yes, I'm playing on the word "execute." Follow along and you will see.)

In 2 Samuel 20, when Joab and his troops besieged the city of Abel of Bethmaacah, a place renown for its wise people, a woman of the city demanded an audience with Joab and appealed to him to not to destroy the city. Joab negotiated by saying he would spare the city in exchange for the fugitive Sheba, a man in revolt against the king, who had taken refuge there. The woman made an executive decision, "Behold, his head shall be thrown to thee over the wall."
2 Samuel 20:
22 Then the woman went unto all the people in her wisdom. And they cut off the head of Sheba the son of Bichri, and cast it out to Joab. And he blew a trumpet, and they retired from the city, every man to his tent. And Joab returned to Jerusalem unto the king.

It seems some men in our day have a fear of a woman making an executive decision.
I'd say it worked out very well in 2 Samuel 20.

I have to admit, Joab was very 'wise' also in this incident. You gotta admit, seeing a guys head bouncing a little while after it happened would unnerve a guy. Pretty smart not to go into a city where a woman just had a guy's head chopped off. But She did save the city, right? Embarassed That was wise. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/25/16 5:14 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Nope, the old gal didn't use wisdom. If she had, she woulda waitin on a man to do the job or at least had a coverin she was workin under. A man coulda saved the city and spared the ole boy's life an used him as bait agin the enemy. Acts-pert Poster
6/25/16 5:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic