Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Degree Mill of the Week: Clarksville School of Theology (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Degree Mill of the Week: Clarksville School of Theology (L) Old Time Country Preacher
www.ourclarksville.com is currently located in Kinston, NC.

1. CSOT began in 1952 in Clarksville, TN, thus, the name Clarksville School of Theology. The entity now goes by the name Clarksville Theological Seminary

2. CSOT/TS is accredited by American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions, Inc. located in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, a non-recognized agency. AAATI is a one-man operation, with the accreditation being of no value at all.

3. Most faculty have unaccredited credentials.

4. The CSOT doctorate (ThD) is 32 hours, and cost $960.

5. Several COG preachers claim docterates from this entity.

Disclaimer: The purpose of this ongoing listing is to reveal that obtaining “degrees” from such places is ongoing and problematic within Christian ministry.
Acts-pert Poster
6/16/16 12:58 am

Post Wow! Paul W. Nolan
And to think that I pastored there for nine years and never took advantage of such a wonderous opportunity! Honestly, I never even heard of the place while I was there from 2006 - 2015. I knew about a Baptist organization that offered Bachelors and Masters degrees, but not Doctorates. Oh well, another great opportunity missed. Rolling Eyes Cool Laughing Friendly Face
6/16/16 6:34 am

Post I just bought a high quality color printer roughridercog
I'm pretty sure I can beat that price and get rich. Hey OTCP! Want to be on my board of regents?
6/16/16 8:04 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Bro Nolan, son, they is several COG preachers got an use the title "Dr" based solely on a Clarksville SOT docterate. Shameful, but true! Acts-pert Poster
6/16/16 9:14 am

Post Re: I just bought a high quality color printer Old Time Country Preacher
roughridercog wrote:
I'm pretty sure I can beat that price and get rich. Hey OTCP! Want to be on my board of regents?

What does a BOR member gotta do, Rough?
Acts-pert Poster
6/16/16 9:15 am

Post Re: I just bought a high quality color printer roughridercog
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
roughridercog wrote:

Buy ink for the printer while I buy the paper and postage.
6/16/16 1:24 pm

Post Re: Degree Mill of the Week: Clarksville School of Theology (L) Methocostal
Hey OT, are you soliciting on behalf of this fine institution Smile

Me thinks I should check it out, $960 for PhD, not a bad deal!

I just had an entreprenurial idea Smile

www.ourclarksville.com is currently located in Kinston, NC.

1. CSOT began in 1952 in Clarksville, TN, thus, the name Clarksville School of Theology. The entity now goes by the name Clarksville Theological Seminary

2. CSOT/TS is accredited by American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions, Inc. located in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, a non-recognized agency. AAATI is a one-man operation, with the accreditation being of no value at all.

3. Most faculty have unaccredited credentials.

4. The CSOT doctorate (ThD) is 32 hours, and cost $960.

5. Several COG preachers claim docterates from this entity.

Disclaimer: The purpose of this ongoing listing is to reveal that obtaining “degrees” from such places is ongoing and problematic within Christian ministry.
Friendly Face
6/16/16 3:24 pm

Post Re: I just bought a high quality color printer Old Time Country Preacher
roughridercog wrote:
roughridercog wrote:

Buy ink for the printer while I buy the paper and postage.

At least git somma that nice granite colored paper, Rough. If folk is gonna go to all the trouble to write a check an buy a postage stamp, hey, we wanna give em a real nice diploma. You know, something they can be real proud of an all.
Acts-pert Poster
6/16/16 4:26 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/16/16 8:56 pm

An when printed on this real nice specialty paper, hey, a feller has a beautiful degree mill diploma what will be the envy a his ministry peers.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/839001/Southworth-75percent-Recycled-25percent-Cotton-Granite/
Acts-pert Poster
6/16/16 10:10 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
A CoG pastor, whom I dearly love to this day, once tried to convince me to obtain a 'degree' from the same unaccredited seminary he got his from. He acted offended when I told him I really wasn't interested, but thanks anyway. Why anybody would ever waste a penny on such garbage is beyond telling. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/16 10:54 pm

Quiet Wyatt wrote:
A CoG pastor, whom I dearly love to this day, once tried to convince me to obtain a 'degree' from the same unaccredited seminary he got his from. He acted offended when I told him I really wasn't interested, but thanks anyway. Why anybody would ever waste a penny on such garbage is beyond telling.

You exemplified great wisdom and integrity, Wyatt, in refusing to go the unaccredited/milled route. It is an absolute shame when COG preachers (or anyone for that matter) opt for an unaccredited/milled "degree." Your careful use of the phrase "obtain a degree" instead of "earn a degree" is spot on.
Acts-pert Poster
6/17/16 1:41 am

Post Why do people get these fake degrees? One word answer... roughridercog
E
G
O

Very Happy
6/17/16 6:06 am

Post Methocostal
Reminds me of a pet peeve of mine when people refer to their "accountant" with H & R Block as their "CPA". Once, I spoke to a group of ministers in Miami and one of the older men commented that having my CPA was about as good a being a Notary Smile I don't think he was being mean, just extremely ignorant. I worked very hard for my professional accounting certifications (CPE, CFE) and it is very upsetting for people to associate what could even be people without an Accounting degree as the same as a CPA is extremely upsetting. I have another certification (CICA) that was awarded on a "grandfather" clause based upon my degrees and experience. I am even relunctant to refer to that certification as I didn't have to take a professional written exam for it. Even though I know that initial MD's, Attorneys, and CPA's were "grandfathered" in based on similar criteria.

I fully understand legitimately "earned" PhD's being upset with the degree mill variety. People will also brag about "honorary" PhD's as well. While honorary PhD's from legitimate Universities are impressive, they still do not equate to those that sat through at least 1 year of post graduate academic classes, oral defense, and at least another year on a dissertation.

Sadly, some of those purchased PhD holders think theirs is somehow legit.

Quiet Wyatt wrote:
A CoG pastor, whom I dearly love to this day, once tried to convince me to obtain a 'degree' from the same unaccredited seminary he got his from. He acted offended when I told him I really wasn't interested, but thanks anyway. Why anybody would ever waste a penny on such garbage is beyond telling.

You exemplified great wisdom and integrity, Wyatt, in refusing to go the unaccredited/milled route. It is an absolute shame when COG preachers (or anyone for that matter) opt for an unaccredited/milled "degree." Your careful use of the phrase "obtain a degree" instead of "earn a degree" is spot on.

Last edited by Methocostal on 6/17/16 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
6/17/16 8:38 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Thanks for the tip OTCP.
I could either put a new tv on the mantle or get this doctorate.
It was less work to get the doctorate.
Dr. NBF
6/17/16 8:39 am

Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Thanks for the tip OTCP.
I could either put a new tv on the mantle or get this doctorate.
It was less work to get the doctorate.
Dr. NBF

You are most welcome, NB. Any an Every time OTCP can expose degree mills, hey, he is gonna do so.

Hey, you woulda a been a heap better off to a got that new tv.
Acts-pert Poster
6/17/16 11:20 am

Post Re: Why do people get these fake degrees? One word answer... Old Time Country Preacher
roughridercog wrote:
E
G
O

Very Happy

Rough, are you suggestin an all that COG preachers, claimin to be filled with the HS, would lay their ETHICS aside to pursue their EGO?

Said differently, that a COG preacher would obtain a worthless docterate from a two-bit entity like:

International Seminary
Christian Bible College
Jacksonville Theological Seminary
Covington Theological Seminary
Bethany Divinity College/Seminary
Newburgh Theological Seminary
Andersonville Theological Seminary
Northwestern International University, Ltd.
Catalpa Bibleway University
Clarksville School of Theology,

an commence callin hisself "The Rev. Dr. Johnny Bob Doe" professionally, based solely on a unaccredited milled diploma?

Sooonnnnnnnnnnnn, please say it aint so.
Acts-pert Poster
6/17/16 11:26 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
When he continued to push his unaccredited seminary on me, I finally said I could just design and print up my own diploma and it would be worth just as much. He looked like I had slapped him. He's still a dear friend and an anointed man of God, even it he has been suckered into believing his 'degree' is really worth something. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/17/16 1:37 pm

Post Da Sheik
Degree mills are bad news. Those who have an earned doctorate have every right to be offended by such tomfoolery. When people adopt the title without doing the work they aren't fooling anyone except the gullible. If you claim to be a Dr and consistently use poor grammar and lack basic writing and communicative skills you're telling on yourself!

I'm sure it happens in other circles but I find this all the more common in Pentecostal and Charismatic churches. I pastor quite a few African-Americans (I'm biracial myself ) and they love to bring me fliers from area ministers claiming "Apostle, Prophet, Bishop, and Dr" coming to town to hold meetings.
Acts Enthusiast
6/17/16 5:44 pm

Da Sheik wrote:
Degree mills are bad news. Those who have an earned doctorate have every right to be offended by such tomfoolery. When people adopt the title without doing the work they aren't fooling anyone except the gullible. If you claim to be a Dr and consistently use poor grammar and lack basic writing and communicative skills you're telling on yourself!

I'm sure it happens in other circles but I find this all the more common in Pentecostal and Charismatic churches. I pastor quite a few African-Americans (I'm biracial myself ) and they love to bring me fliers from area ministers claiming "Apostle, Prophet, Bishop, and Dr" coming to town to hold meetings.

You make excellent points, Sheik:

* The mere attempt at "fooling anyone" reveals a lack of biblical ethics.

* Poor communicative skills reveal the lack of true doctoral level study.

* The most frequent abusers are indeed Pennycostals, Charismatics & Independent Baptists.

Thank you for ya spot on comments.
Acts-pert Poster
6/17/16 7:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic