Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

G. Dennis McGuire

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post G. Dennis McGuire cogalltheway
I'm hearing GDM name in lots of circles. I know he's the first alternate for the Ex Committee right now. I know he's loved through out the COG world. I'm hearing his name. I really thought it was going to be John Childers on the committee but McGuire is gaining traction. He's loved in TN and the Gen. Assembly is in TN. Might be interesting. The camp meeting circuit will help decide between John Childers, Tom Madden, Kevin Wallace and Dennis McGuire.

The Committee might just well be

HILL
CULPEPPER
STEPHENS
PROPES
MCGUIRE
Friendly Face
5/24/16 8:02 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Explain "gaining traction." Acts-pert Poster
5/24/16 8:12 pm

Post postmodern
Explain "loved throughout the COG World" Friendly Face
5/25/16 5:03 am

Post JimmieDavis
We aren't hearing any such thing about GDM gaining traction. Thankfully. Friendly Face
5/25/16 8:28 am

Post nope. Judah4Him
your post would be the first place i've heard his name in this regard, and I talk to folks all over the COG every day. nope. absolutely. not. sorry. Friendly Face
5/25/16 3:30 pm

Post Judah aprilmay2.0
Im not hearing Mcguire either, but lets be careful with words like "never".

Also, when you say you're talking to COG folks every day, how many people are you saying? If a COG preacher goes all day only talking to his wife and the clerk , then he could technically say he only talks to COG people but thats a bit of a misrepresentation.

Personally, I talk to somewhere between 75-100 COG folks almost every day. Is this number consistent with what you're describing?

I only ask because the amount of people you talk to brings validity to your comment.
Friendly Face
5/26/16 8:56 am

Post Also, aprilmay2.0
I could see some momentum building for McGuire.

He panders to small church pastors by talking the old time COG language. He knows that pastors of churches with less than 125 people is the strength of the voting constituency at the GA. There's a pretty solid niche of pastors in the McGuire sweet spot. Those who serve in churches of about 85-200 in attendance. If you listen, that's who DM spends most of his time with.

But, he's not an administrative giant. Not going to win any awards for budget reductions. And, anyone who pushes the Declaration of Faith to be in every lobby with so much gusto, all while the HQ is spending money left and right wouldn't be a candidate for my vote.
Friendly Face
5/26/16 9:03 am

Post Da Sheik
Quote:
Personally, I talk to somewhere between 75-100 COG folks almost every day. Is this number consistent with what you're describing?

I would go crazy if I talked to that many COG people every day. You're a stronger man than me ! Laughing
Acts Enthusiast
5/27/16 4:41 am

Post Eddie Robbins
some people should follow the lead of Jesus and be a friend of and to sinners. Acts-pert Poster
5/27/16 7:57 am

Post bonnie knox
Eddie Robbins wrote:
some people should follow the lead of Jesus and be a friend of and to sinners.

Those 75 people who talk to April are. Razz Razz Razz Razz
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/27/16 9:07 am

Post Re: Judah Old Time Country Preacher
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
Personally, I talk to somewhere between 75-100 COG folks almost every day.

Is it the same 75-100 ever day, or different ones ever day?
Acts-pert Poster
5/27/16 11:12 am

Post Re: Also, Quiet Wyatt
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

He panders to small church pastors by talking the old time COG language. He knows that pastors of churches with less than 125 people is the strength of the voting constituency at the GA. There's a pretty solid niche of pastors in the McGuire sweet spot. Those who serve in churches of about 85-200 in attendance. If you listen, that's who DM spends most of his time with.

So is it safe to say you have a real disdain for the overwhelming majority of CoG (small church) pastors? Do you happen to be a CoG pastor?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/27/16 11:22 am

Post Re: Also, bonnie knox
I didn't see any disdain from Aprilmay for the pastors, just for someone who would pander to them.
Just like presidential candidates pander to evangelicals. Nothing wrong with being evangelical, but pander to them can be insincere political posturing.

Quiet Wyatt wrote:
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

So is it safe to say you have a real disdain for the overwhelming majority of CoG (small church) pastors? Do you happen to be a CoG pastor?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/27/16 2:04 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
My impression of Dennis McGuire has not been that he was pandering. I got the impression that he really believes what he says, and believes the things he says from the pulpit are crucially important issues. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/27/16 2:43 pm

Post Maybe I should clarify aprilmay2.0
1. I like McGuire. Just don't think he's a great denominational leader. That's not a cut on him. Just my opinion. I do think he plays to small church pastors and to those who like classical Pentecostal style. Maybe pandering was too negative of a word. It implies he's insincere and I don't want to imply that. My apologies.

2. Some of the COG folks are the same and some are different

3. I'm not a small church pastor or a pastor at all but in some regards, don't we all pastor small churches when we compare our congregations? Lol.
Friendly Face
5/27/16 3:44 pm

Post Re: Also, Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
I didn't see any disdain from Aprilmay for the pastors, just for someone who would pander to them.
Just like presidential candidates pander to evangelicals. Nothing wrong with being evangelical, but pander to them can be insincere political posturing.

Just so!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/27/16 6:22 pm

Post #NeverMcGuire SCCOG
#NeverMcGuire Hey, DOC
6/1/16 9:20 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic