Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Glimpses Of The Devil: Psychiatrists Discusses Demon Possession He Has Seen

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Glimpses Of The Devil: Psychiatrists Discusses Demon Possession He Has Seen doyle
Dr. M. Scott Peck is not only an acclaimed psychiatrist, but he is a fabled author having written the immensely famed "The Road Less Traveled."

I was looking for the 25th Anniversary Edition of "The Road" to download from Amazon. As Amazon usually does, other books by an author came up too. I have never heard of Dr. Peck's "Glimpses Of The Devil" where he shares some encounters he has had with patients and possession.

Just wondered if some of our viewers have read "Glimpses Of The Devil." I put the link in case some viewers may be interested in the book.
If you have read it, what did you think of it?

https://www.amazon.com/Glimpses-Devil-Psychiatrists-Possession-Redemption-ebook/dp/B000FCJZPY/ref=pd_sim_351_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=510Pr3T4ypL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_OU01_AC_UL160_SR103%2C160_&refRID=3QZA6SHRT7470SFNPZ45
5/20/16 10:49 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Doyle, after readin through the Table of Contents a Peck's book, hey, I know where he got some a his info. They is a church near Pikeville called the Greasy Corner Church of God, and they was havin a council meetin over there some time back. From all accounts, several a the council members was full a demons an the preacher, Rev. Billy Bob Smith, had to do a exorcism on em fellers. Two of em was delivered through prayer, but it took a Glock to git exorcise of em. Acts-pert Poster
5/20/16 11:37 am

Post Re: Glimpses Of The Devil: Psychiatrists Discusses Demon Possession He Has Seen Dean Steenburgh
doyle wrote:
Dr. M. Scott Peck is not only an acclaimed psychiatrist, but he is a fabled author having written the immensely famed "The Road Less Traveled."

I was looking for the 25th Anniversary Edition of "The Road" to download from Amazon. As Amazon usually does, other books by an author came up too. I have never heard of Dr. Peck's "Glimpses Of The Devil" where he shares some encounters he has had with patients and possession.

Just wondered if some of our viewers have read "Glimpses Of The Devil." I put the link in case some viewers may be interested in the book.
If you have read it, what did you think of it?

https://www.amazon.com/Glimpses-Devil-Psychiatrists-Possession-Redemption-ebook/dp/B000FCJZPY/ref=pd_sim_351_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=510Pr3T4ypL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_OU01_AC_UL160_SR103%2C160_&refRID=3QZA6SHRT7470SFNPZ45

Interesting observations.
A few in our church who work in fields where mental health is concerned.
I hear folks who are "educated" call the spiritual ...mental. And I hear others in the church call mental ...spiritual.
It's amusing at times when I hear folks espouse their opinion on subjects they are actually foreign to as though they were filled with experience.

It caused me to ask the question, 'if someone were to manifest a demon spirit right now in the service how many by show of hands can I depend on to help pray/cast out the evil spirit?'
The first time I asked the question I had several hands go up that they were available to help cast out evil spirits but when I pretended to have one brought in & I needed those same prayer warriors to come help me I barely had a few to join me.
I apologized for the crude illustration but used it as a reminder of how we are not nearly as ready as we think we are to do real battle with the enemy.

True story here:
I had a wonderful family, spirit filled members of the church, leaders & teachers for many years. Husband was on the state laymen's board for years. She was W/M's leader for years as well. They had a young woman visiting in their home who manifested demonic spirits & they called in other church members but between 5 of them they didn't deliver the woman. It was sad to see such a pretty young lady in such torment. My youngest son & I went there & joined them in prayer & eventually 7 demon spirits were cast out. She was subsequently saved & began attending worship & lived a blessed life.

I guess I was shocked to see such weakness in our local church body. Can't imagine what a clinical professional must have to go through at times.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/21/16 7:10 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic