Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

COG General Assembly Election Changes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post COG General Assembly Election Changes C. Chris Moody
After reading the dialogue of this board and other forums, I think it is extremely important for everyone to attend the General Assembly. Tenure alone has 11 vacancies on the council of eighteen. Tenure has also created vacancies for 3 executive committee members. I know everyone here can do simple math, but that means out of the 23 voices in the council chambers, 14 of them must be replaced by virtue of tenure. It is extremely important for us to look to leaders who will cause us to dream again. We have been in cutting and maintenance mode long enough. It is time for the church to thrive again. The last four years have prepared us for where we are going. This General Assembly is vital to the future of our church. I believe this assembly will be one of the most pivotal moments in our history.

Here is the list of the men who are ineligible to serve on the council of eighteen

Kevin Wallace
David Ramirez
Bryan Cutshall
Victor Pagan
Tom Madden
Oliver McMahan
William Isaacs
Dwight Allen
Niko Njotorahardjo
Chris Moody
David Cooper

Here are the Executive Committee members who are inelgible
Mark Williams
David Griffis
Wallace Sibley

Here are men left with tenure
Nick Park
Tony Stewart
Kip Box
Mark Walker
Raymond Culpepper
Dennis McGuire
Jimmy Smith

Executive Committee with tenure left
Thomas Propes
J. David Stephens

Some names not being mentioned who should get votes for council
Dr. Hugh Bare Baltimore, Maryland: tremendous african american pastor who has an incredible church
Lennox Walker: pastors 1500 member church in Toronto, Canada and he is overseer of Eastern Canada
Stafford Peterson: pastor/overseer in South Africa, one of the best kept secrets in the COG
Michael McDermott Maryland: Long term successful pastor in Maryland
Patrick Wooten Texas: Long term successful pastor in Texas
Doug Anderson Texas: Long term successful pastor in Tyler, Texas
Cliff Waters Tennessee: long term successful pastor in Athens, TN.
Mitch Corder Tennessee: one of the best leader/thinkers in the COG
Jerry Madden South Carolina: this is a no brainer...one of our strongest churches and he has been faithful there...please please vote for him
Kelvin Paige Tennessee: I have to root for my Tennessee brothers and there is none finer than this cat. It is way over due put him on
Gerald McGinnis Tennessee: One of the statesmen in TN. One of the finest men in the church. I would even like to see him on the committee.
Don Hooper Mississippi: Just met Don since our arrival here. He has planted a church in Hattiesburg and it is growing exponentially.
Shay Hughes Illinois: followed a prince of a man in Jeremy Robinson and he is knocking it out of the park.
David Smith: great pastor in NGA...done an incredible work in Monroe.
Marty Baker: Come on guys lets get him on the council
Travis Johnson: I want him there to help us dream again.
Jeremy Isaacs: He needs to be in the room, to help us dream.
Michael Knight: church planter, and great thinker
Wayne Dority: state overseer and former pastor I'm sc
Edwin Lipsey: done well everywhere he has been
Bruce Rabon: great overseer, Kentucky loves him, also was great pastor
Rick Shelby: has helped revolutionize KY ministerial development
Eli Bonilla: great pastor and leader
Samuel Santana: great pastor and leader
Michael Nations: we need someone who can represent small churches that everyone knows.
Scott Haggar: young voice who has been a leader in sc and great pastor
Samuel Evers: young pastor and great leader in Texas

Obviously I support all the guys who have time left. I edited this because I left a whole page off when I copied and pasted.

These are just some other names to consider

Last edited by C. Chris Moody on 5/17/16 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Belt Jerker
5/16/16 2:17 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Tim Hill?

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/16/16 9:01 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
sheepdogandy wrote:
Tim Hill?

If he is not the General Overseer, I'll visit your church and pay tithes. Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
5/16/16 9:08 pm

Post LonghornFan
Eddie Robbins wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:
Tim Hill?

If he is not the General Overseer, I'll visit your church and pay tithes. Laughing

Three absolutes

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Tim Hill will be elected General Overseer of the Church of God.
Friendly Face
5/16/16 9:11 pm

Post sheepdogandy
It does not mean didley to me.

I just thought I would stir the pot. Twisted Evil

www.spwc.church
5/16/16 9:17 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Nothing to stir. It's a done deal. Acts-pert Poster
5/17/16 6:15 am

Post sheepdogandy
Don't tell the Ol Timer.

He might have a stroke. Laughing

www.spwc.church
5/18/16 2:31 pm

Post Re: COG General Assembly Election Changes Old Time Country Preacher
C. Chris Moody wrote:
Dr. Hugh Bare Baltimore, Maryland: tremendous african american pastor who has an incredible church

Thank ya, Chris!

An Dr. Bair's docterate is REAL, from a genuinely accredited academic institution. No D.D. fluff or degree mill stuff here, this man's credentials is solid.
Acts-pert Poster
5/18/16 5:01 pm

Post Re: COG General Assembly Election Changes Brandon Bohannon
C. Chris Moody wrote:
After reading the dialogue of this board and other forums, I think it is extremely important for everyone to attend the General Assembly. Tenure alone has 11 vacancies on the council of eighteen. Tenure has also created vacancies for 3 executive committee members. I know everyone here can do simple math, but that means out of the 23 voices in the council chambers, 14 of them must be replaced by virtue of tenure. It is extremely important for us to look to leaders who will cause us to dream again. We have been in cutting and maintenance mode long enough. It is time for the church to thrive again. The last four years have prepared us for where we are going. This General Assembly is vital to the future of our church. I believe this assembly will be one of the most pivotal moments in our history.

Here is the list of the men who are ineligible to serve on the council of eighteen

Kevin Wallace
David Ramirez
Bryan Cutshall
Victor Pagan
Tom Madden
Oliver McMahan
William Isaacs
Dwight Allen
Niko Njotorahardjo
Chris Moody
David Cooper

Here are the Executive Committee members who are inelgible
Mark Williams
David Griffis
Wallace Sibley

Here are men left with tenure
Nick Park
Tony Stewart
Kip Box
Mark Walker
Raymond Culpepper
Dennis McGuire
Jimmy Smith

Executive Committee with tenure left
Thomas Propes
J. David Stephens

Some names not being mentioned who should get votes for council
Lennox Walker: pastors 1500 member church in Toronto, Canada and he is overseer of Eastern Canada
Stafford Peterson: pastor/overseer in South Africa, one of the best kept secrets in the COG
Michael McDermott Maryland: Long term successful pastor in Maryland
Patrick Wooten Texas: Long term successful pastor in Texas
Doug Anderson Texas: Long term successful pastor in Tyler, Texas
Cliff Waters Tennessee: long term successful pastor in Athens, TN.
Mitch Corder Tennessee: one of the best leader/thinkers in the COG
Jerry Madden South Carolina: this is a no brainer...one of our strongest churches and he has been faithful there...please please vote for him
Kelvin Paige Tennessee: I have to root for my Tennessee brothers and there is none finer than this cat. It is way over due put him on
Gerald McGinnis Tennessee: One of the statesmen in TN. One of the finest men in the church. I would even like to see him on the committee.
Don Hooper Mississippi: Just met Don since our arrival here. He has planted a church in Hattiesburg and it is growing exponentially.
Shay Hughes Illinois: followed a prince of a man in Jeremy Robinson and he is knocking it out of the park.
David Smith: great pastor in NGA...done an incredible work in Monroe.
Marty Baker: Come on guys lets get him on the council
Travis Johnson: I want him there to help us dream again.
Jeremy Isaacs: He needs to be in the room, to help us dream.
Michael Knight: church planter, and great thinker
Wayne Dority: state overseer and former pastor I'm sc
Edwin Lipsey: done well everywhere he has been
Bruce Rabon: great overseer, Kentucky loves him, also was great pastor
Rick Shelby: has helped revolutionize KY ministerial development
Eli Bonilla: great pastor and leader
Samuel Santana: great pastor and leader
Michael Nations: we need someone who can represent small churches that everyone knows.
Scott Haggar: young voice who has been a leader in sc and great pastor
Samuel Evers: young pastor and great leader in Texas

Obviously I support all the guys who have time left. I edited this because I left a whole page off when I copied and pasted.

These are just some other names to consider
I agree that Patrick and Doug from Texas need to be strongly considered when voting for the C18 and Sam Evers is one of the finest pastors, leaders and men that I have ever known! His dad is a great man too. I would vote for Sam for just about anything, Chris. Good list!
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
5/18/16 9:07 pm

Post Joey Grizzle ZKP
Another well kept secret one is Joey Grizzle pastor in Buford, GA. He did a great work at the Monroe COG, and is doing a great job at the Buford COG. Member
5/20/16 12:10 pm

Post Re: Joey Grizzle LonghornFan
ZKP wrote:
Another well kept secret one is Joey Grizzle pastor in Buford, GA. He did a great work at the Monroe COG, and is doing a great job at the Buford COG.

deleted
Friendly Face
5/20/16 3:13 pm

Post Tim Hill does NOT have it wrapped up aprilmay2.0
I think highly of Bishop Hill and I think he has great leadership.

But there is an undercurrent of Raymond Culpepper jumping him and Hill being the #2 man.

Im not saying thats super strong, but its there. Also, we still have the campmeeting campaign trail this summer.

Everybody knows, that name recognition is huge. The more camp meetings these guys preach, the more votes they get.

And if history has proven one thing its this- "you can't go wrong putting a preacher in charge of administrating 30 million dollars." (insert sarcasm)
Friendly Face
5/24/16 12:07 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I'm interested in hearing where this "undercurrent" comes from. Can you reveal how that works? Just talking to a few guys? A webpage? Has a poll been taken? Acts-pert Poster
5/24/16 1:25 pm

Post Eddie!! aprilmay2.0
I forgot you were on this board!!

During my forced sabbatical I forgot how many great people are on here.

The term "undercurrent" is a euphemism. It basically means various independent conversations that have a connected topic. In this case, the connected topic is Raymond and his potential election as the G.O.

On a separate note, how's the running going? Best running real estate agent in Georgia. Good to see you Eddie.
Friendly Face
5/24/16 1:52 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I don't want to hijack the thread but all is well. Click on my link below. Acts-pert Poster
5/24/16 2:33 pm

Post Ministerial File Numbers Please Looking For Friends
You guys are spending a lot of time coming up with these lists (which I'm sure are offered prayerfully and carefully).
These lists are a great resource for me and others who are not "connected" to inner circles of leadership. (That is a sincere statement...no sarcasm.)

Since you are taking so much time and effort to help "the rest of us" know who you are promoting for denominational leadership, could you go ahead and give us their ministerial file numbers? It would certainly help us on Tuesday of Assembly to have our numbers ready to enter.

On the sample ballot, let's try to get George Washington elected on a 100% nomination. If everyone on the floor would vote for the same former president during "practice"...now that would be great.

George Washington for Practice Ballot President. (I'm going to start a new thread in case some do not read this.)

And include file numbers for all your guys.

Thanks. See ya' in Nashville
Acts-celerater
5/24/16 3:15 pm

Post Re: Ministerial File Numbers Please LonghornFan
Looking For Friends wrote:
You guys are spending a lot of time coming up with these lists (which I'm sure are offered prayerfully and carefully).
These lists are a great resource for me and others who are not "connected" to inner circles of leadership. (That is a sincere statement...no sarcasm.)

Since you are taking so much time and effort to help "the rest of us" know who you are promoting for denominational leadership, could you go ahead and give us their ministerial file numbers? It would certainly help us on Tuesday of Assembly to have our numbers ready to enter.

On the sample ballot, let's try to get George Washington elected on a 100% nomination. If everyone on the floor would vote for the same former president during "practice"...now that would be great.

George Washington for Practice Ballot President. (I'm going to start a new thread in case some do not read this.)

And include file numbers for all your guys.

Thanks. See ya' in Nashville

Glad to help! Smile

GO - Tim Hill - 24394
1st - J David Stephens - 17155
2nd - Thomas Propes - 24560
3rd - John Childers - 21067
SG - Tom Madden - 27689

World Missions
Director - David Griffis - 19084
Assistant - David Ramirez - 25027

Youth
Director - David Blair - 32373
Assistant - Rob Bailey - 52104

Council of Eighteen
Tony Stewart - 44095
Kip Box - 39041
Dennis McGuire - 16237
David Smith - 47171
Kevin McGlamery - 45242
Scott Shepard - 44949
Travis Johnson - 46978
Bill Lee - 33537
Barry Clardy - 41220
Bruce Rabon - 29097
Niko Njotorahardjo - 43169
Patrick Wooten - 40362
Doug Anderson - 32444
Michael Knight - 43709
Sean Oneal - 37991
Nick Park - 44724
Les Higgins -27451
Ed Lipsey - 41378
Friendly Face
5/24/16 9:39 pm

Post Thank You Longhorn Fan Looking For Friends
Notes taken on file numbers. Thank you. This is very helpful. Acts-celerater
5/31/16 2:25 pm

Post LonghornFan
I realize that some folks don't like others mentioning names and file numbers, but I think it is beneficial to those who may not know who to vote for. I am giving this thread a little bump. My list takes Bishop Moody's observations into consideration. I think it is important that we consider the recommendations of others who know these brothers.

I hope that each of you will prayerfully and intentionally prepare a list prior to going to General Assembly. Don't depend on the people sitting around you at the assembly to be your resource. Take time to process and prepare to cast your vote. This is a crucial time for our church!
Friendly Face
6/28/16 1:26 pm

Post Re: Tim Hill does NOT have it wrapped up georgiapath
And if history has proven one thing its this- "you can't go wrong putting a preacher in charge of administrating 30 million dollars." (insert sarcasm)[/quote]

Guess that's why it was no big deal when 1 million walked out the door while everyone was sleeping. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
6/29/16 10:17 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic