Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump Platform 1-Mexico Pays For the Wall
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump Platform 1-Mexico Pays For the Wall Resident Skeptic
These are not the positions of a RINO or liberal....

Compelling Mexico to Pay for the Wall

Introduction: The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 - the "know your customer" provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a fundamental element of the outline below. That section authorized the executive branch to issue detailed regulations on the subject, found at 31 CFR 130.120-121. It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:

•On day 1 promulgate a "proposed rule" (regulation) amending 31 CFR 130.121 to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine "account" to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States.

On day 2 Mexico will immediately protest. They receive approximately $24 billion a year in remittances from Mexican nationals working in the United States. The majority of that amount comes from illegal aliens. It serves as de facto welfare for poor families in Mexico. There is no significant social safety net provided by the state in Mexico.

On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect.

Trade tariffs, or enforcement of existing trade rules: There is no doubt that Mexico is engaging in unfair subsidy behavior that has eliminated thousands of U.S. jobs, and which we are obligated to respond to; the impact of any tariffs on the price imports will be more than offset by the economic and income gains of increased production in the United States, in addition to revenue from any tariffs themselves. Mexico needs access to our markets much more than the reverse, so we have all the leverage and will win the negotiation. By definition, if you have a large trade deficit with a nation, it means they are selling far more to you than the reverse - thus they, not you, stand to lose from enforcing trade rules through tariffs (as has been done to save many U.S. industries in the past).

Cancelling visas: Immigration is a privilege, not a right. Mexico is totally dependent on the United States as a release valve for its own poverty - our approvals of hundreds of thousands of visas to their nationals every year is one of our greatest leverage points. We also have leverage through business and tourist visas for important people in the Mexican economy. Keep in mind, the United States has already taken in 4X more migrants than any other country on planet earth, producing lower wages and higher unemployment for our own citizens and recent migrants.

Visa fees: Even a small increase in visa fees would pay for the wall. This includes fees on border crossing cards, of which more than 1 million are issued a year. The border-crossing card is also one of the greatest sources of illegal immigration into the United States, via overstays. Mexico is also the single largest recipient of U.S. green cards, which confer a path to U.S. citizenship. Again, we have the leverage so Mexico will back down.

Conclusion: Mexico has taken advantage of us in another way as well: gangs, drug traffickers and cartels have freely exploited our open borders and committed vast numbers of crimes inside the United States. The United States has borne the extraordinary daily cost of this criminal activity, including the cost of trials and incarcerations. Not to mention the even greater human cost. We have the moral high ground here, and all the leverage. It is time we use it in order to Make America Great Again.
5/7/16 10:02 pm

Post c6thplayer1
I never gamble unless its a given win. Thats why I say Theres a $20 bill coming your way Res if Mexico Pays for that wall.

The wall has no more of a chance of being paid for by Mexico than Trump has of stopping political correctness.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/8/16 8:46 am

Post Patrick Harris
Yawn. Rolling Eyes

Never happen.
Acts Enthusiast
5/8/16 10:43 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I never gamble unless its a given win.

That aint gamblin, C. If its a "given win" the "gamble" is taken outta the equation.

But don't feel bad, the ole timer ain't no gambler either. If a thing aint a "given win," not one shilling or pence will be taken from the ole timer's coffers.
Acts-pert Poster
5/8/16 11:37 am

Post Resident Skeptic
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I never gamble unless its a given win. Thats why I say Theres a $20 bill coming your way Res if Mexico Pays for that wall.

The wall has no more of a chance of being paid for by Mexico than Trump has of stopping political correctness.

You gave not a single substantive remark here. Please explain how they will keep from paying for that wall if this platform is enacted. They will have no choice.
5/8/16 3:50 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

You gave not a single substantive remark here. Please explain how they will keep from paying for that wall if this platform is enacted. They will have no choice.

Here's reality.
No body of legislation will make these rules apply to every Western Union transfer. If they somehow do they will be summarily overturned by the courts. If he tries an executive order then he is really no better than Obama.

Cutting off money to Mexico citizens will backfire and cause even more to run for our borders when their cash runs out. Not to mention it shows a complete lack of compassion for the people it actually helps in Mexico. Not that that narcissistic Trump cares.

Nothing at all here stops a third party from sending money.

If this is his plan to make America great I'd just as soon do without it.
Acts Enthusiast
5/8/16 5:09 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Patrick Harris wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

Here's reality.
No body of legislation will make these rules apply to every Western Union transfer. If they somehow do they will be summarily overturned by the courts. If he tries an executive order then he is really no better than Obama.

Cutting off money to Mexico citizens will backfire and cause even more to run for our borders when their cash runs out. Not to mention it shows a complete lack of compassion for the people it actually helps in Mexico. Not that that narcissistic Trump cares.

Nothing at all here stops a third party from sending money.

If this is his plan to make America great I'd just as soon do without it.

An executive order that does not violate the Constitution is not out of order. You greatly overestimate the resolve of the Mexican government.
5/8/16 5:16 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

My single remark has more substance than all of trumps put together.

They will keep from paying for the wall for the same reasons that I wont pay for the wall.

1. I dont have that kind of money. Neither does Mexico

2. I wont let a sociopath tell me what to do. Neither will Mexico
5/8/16 6:08 pm

Post Cojak
I will vote for Trump, if he is the candidate. But I seriously doubt if a wall will be built much less paid for, and I really do not care.

Like all politicians (and now Trump is one no matter what he says) once in office all he will have to do is 'enact some serious guards against intrusion by illegals', then state 'There is no longer the need for the wall, etc.

Believe it or not, in the case of a Trump Presidency, if the man shows to be as crazy as the 'Never Trump' folk contend, we have a congress that would love to impeach him and remove him from office. I think once he realizes the weight of the office, he might actually become fairly adult! Confused

It is a shame that he took a chain saw to the GOP and then wants unity???
His logic is askew in my mind, but I thought long ago he would have been sunk... (I also thought that about Hillary and she is still standing) Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/8/16 9:03 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

They will keep from paying for the wall for the same reasons that I wont pay for the wall.

Amazing that you can't or won't discuss the details of the platform but instead continue the personal attacks against the one who wants to implement it. I dare say if Cruz has penned this platform you'd , at the very least, be being much more thoughtful in your responses.

The plan is solid. Mexico is all about corruption and money. They bully the USA every day at the border and through unfair trade policies. They do so because they've been successful at buying off GOP establishment politicians who aid them. Nobody has actually stood up to them. When someone hits them in their pocketbook they will flee like roaches when a light is turned on.

Mexico is not a poor country. They do have that kind of money. But making them pay for the wall does not mean they actually write a check. Trump has clearly laid out the ways Mexico will pay for it. With our support he will be successful. The question is, will people like you swallow their pride, ego and resentment long enough to give him a hand? Will you look beyond Trump's faults and see America's needs? Or will the "NeverTrumpers" go down in history as a petty bunch of psychopaths they claimed Trump was?
5/8/16 9:11 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

Amazing that you can't or won't discuss the details of the platform but instead continue the personal attacks against the one who wants to implement it. I dare say if Cruz has penned this platform you'd , at the very least, be being much more thoughtful in your responses.

The plan is solid. Mexico is all about corruption and money. They bully the USA every day at the border and through unfair trade policies. They do so because they've been successful at buying off GOP establishment politicians who aid them. Nobody has actually stood up to them. When someone hits them in their pocketbook they will flee like roaches when a light is turned on.

Mexico is not a poor country. They do have that kind of money. But making them pay for the wall does not mean they actually write a check. Trump has clearly laid out the ways Mexico will pay for it. With our support he will be successful. The question is, will people like you swallow their pride, ego and resentment long enough to give him a hand? Will you look beyond Trump's faults and see America's needs? Or will the "NeverTrumpers" go down in history as a petty bunch of psychopaths they claimed Trump was?

Res it really doesnt matter what I think. When it comes down to it I will probably vote for the slug instead of the criminal running against him. But there is a multitude that wont , and its nobody's fault but trump.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my ego. Trump is the one with the ego problem. I just want a conservative person who acts decent in public. He can scream and cuss all he wants to in his meetings.

There can be no play on words. Either Mexico pays for the wall with cash or your 20 is a no go. This promise will not be another Trump university scheme. Cool
5/8/16 9:31 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

You don't get, no matter how many times its explained to you.

People have legitimate reasons for not voting for Trump.

He's a bully, he has the morals of a drunken tomcat and as my daughter said he's not a nice man.

His caustic and belligerent attitude are enough for me to question his ability to lead.

Voting for someone because they are the presumptive party candidate is the stupidest reason to vote for someone.

In my view he is not a leader and doesn't deserve my vote.

Calling people names because they vote their conscience is low.

I will vote for the same party I've voted for the last 2 elections. Libertarian.
Acts Enthusiast
5/8/16 9:39 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Patrick Harris wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

He's a bully, he has the morals of a drunken tomcat and as my daughter said he's not a nice man.

His caustic and belligerent attitude are enough for me to question his ability to lead.

Voting for someone because they are the presumptive party candidate is the stupidest reason to vote for someone.

I will vote for the same party I've voted for the last 2 elections. Libertarian.

I would never correct someone who sounded rude while defeating those enemies, both foreign and domestic, who are trying to bring this country to its knees. I don't care if he cusses like George Patton. Trump is nothing to "like". He's a wrecking ball, nothing more. I don't have to have a personal like of a wrecking ball. I just want it to smash things to bits.

And I'll tell you what I think is "low". People who cannot have a logical, objective conversation about a platform simply because they despise its author. Change the name on that same platform to Cruz and all that eye rolling and yawning would cease.
5/8/16 10:03 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Patrick Harris wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

This will be the year that the Libertarian vote talley goes sky high. It would be wonderful if they won the election.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. ie republican / democrat
5/8/16 10:16 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

This will be the year that the Libertarian vote talley goes sky high. It would be wonderful if they won the election.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. ie republican / democrat

Ain't gonna happen. They'll get the same 1% they always do.
5/8/16 10:38 pm

Post Cojak
I don't doubt the Libertarian party will have an increase in votes this season, but not enough to make a difference, except to take away from the GOP and elect Hillary. However, if it does appear the Libertarian party were to develop a tidal wave that looked like a possibility, I would vote Libertarian.

However I doubt that, so I will vote the dude that appears best to defeat Hillary. I am not sure Trump can, but if the polls say he has the BEST chance, he does get my vote. I happen to be a 'Anyone but Hillary' guy now! Cool
5/8/16 10:58 pm

Post Cojak
No offense RS, but I think if Trump gets in he will find the wall will be th least of his problems. I think the USA will rally around him if he actually moves to eliminate the ISIS oil money and cash reserves. THAT is one of the best ideas Trump has. We will need troops on the ground and come cooperation with the king and Russia. If that happens none of us will worry about the wall.

I have no problem with the wall if it is built because it will stop a large % of illegals, but Planes, boats and tunnels move folk in also.

I have no illusions that Trumps promises will 'LOGICALLY CHANGE' during the course of the campaign or when he gets in office.

I'd give a $1.25 if he would drop the chain saw and put on some velvet gloves. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
5/8/16 11:07 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

I would never correct someone who sounded rude while defeating those enemies, both foreign and domestic, who are trying to bring this country to its knees. I don't care if he cusses like George Patton. Trump is nothing to "like". He's a wrecking ball, nothing more. I don't have to have a personal like of a wrecking ball. I just want it to smash things to bits.

And I'll tell you what I think is "low". People who cannot have a logical, objective conversation about a platform simply because they despise its author. Change the name on that same platform to Cruz and all that eye rolling and yawning would cease.

I would not have voted for Cruz either. Apparently you missed my point on voting, I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat.

Trumps not a leader, he's a manager who manages by threats and intimidation.
Acts Enthusiast
5/9/16 6:49 am

Post bonnie knox
As far as comparing a platform authored by Cruz to one authored by Trump, at least with Cruz, his platform is consistent with his past. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/9/16 7:09 am

Post c6thplayer1
Patrick Harris wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

I would not have voted for Cruz either. Apparently you missed my point on voting, I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat.

Trumps not a leader, he's a manager who manages by threats and intimidation.

right , and that management style went out in the 80's.
5/9/16 10:00 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic