Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

No, Trump Isn't Actually Better than Hillary (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post No, Trump Isn't Actually Better than Hillary (L) Quiet Wyatt
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433405/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-equally-terrible-conservatives [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/5/16 12:15 am

Post Re: No, Trump Isn't Actually Better than Hillary (L) Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433405/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-equally-terrible-conservatives

The National Review has lost all relevance.
5/5/16 5:42 am

Post Re: No, Trump Isn't Actually Better than Hillary (L) bonnie knox
Are you saying this publication has lost relevance because the article is poorly written or poorly argued or are you saying they have lost popularity because they chose to stand by their principles rather than cashing in on Trump's celebrity like all those other "smart" analysts have done?

Resident Skeptic wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433405/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-equally-terrible-conservatives

The National Review has lost all relevance.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/5/16 6:58 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
National Review had an agenda against Trump.
They went all in to stop him - and failed.

That is why you could say they have lost all relevance. They thought they were a conservative voice for America but they are waking up to realizing they have no power to sway public opinion.

Anything they say now is only sour grapes.

I saw the guy on Megyn after Cruz quit - he didn't have much to say.
5/5/16 7:33 am

Post UncleJD
The National Review IS conservative, Trump is a Populist, its a different ideology, just because he's running as a Republican doesn't make him conservative, even as he looks for conservative votes he qualifies his conservatism as "practical", meaning that he thinks true movement conservatism is "impractical".
The article would not be understood by most Trump supporters (the "millions" of democrats and/or never-voted-befores). But the ones who can understand it will just dismiss it based on "its a hit piece", "its sour grapes", or other emotional reasons, not because of its merits, which should be sobering and probably is, but most will continue on their path out of pride, unwilling to scrutinize their anointed one because it would mean they had been duped. Well I believe they have been duped. The last thing in the world that I wanted was a Clinton presidency, but right now I'm nearly 100% sure that's what we'll get and I'm nearly that convinced that it would be safer.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/5/16 7:38 am

Post Methocostal
Well stated!

UncleJD wrote:
The National Review IS conservative, Trump is a Populist, its a different ideology, just because he's running as a Republican doesn't make him conservative, even as he looks for conservative votes he qualifies his conservatism as "practical", meaning that he thinks true movement conservatism is "impractical".
The article would not be understood by most Trump supporters (the "millions" of democrats and/or never-voted-befores). But the ones who can understand it will just dismiss it based on "its a hit piece", "its sour grapes", or other emotional reasons, not because of its merits, which should be sobering and probably is, but most will continue on their path out of pride, unwilling to scrutinize their anointed one because it would mean they had been duped. Well I believe they have been duped. The last thing in the world that I wanted was a Clinton presidency, but right now I'm nearly 100% sure that's what we'll get and I'm nearly that convinced that it would be safer.
Friendly Face
5/5/16 8:25 am

Post Patrick Harris
Sour Grapes by the Trumpettes...Because the Great and Powerful Trump said so. Acts Enthusiast
5/5/16 8:27 am

Post georgiapath
All the people living on the government dole want Hillary so their gravey train won't be derailed. Us working people are tired of keeping them up, we want someone that will stop it.

This country will be boke with 8 more years of Obama Jr.

I will vote for Trump and I sure hope he is elected.
Acts-dicted
5/5/16 9:14 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Patrick Harris wrote:
Sour Grapes by the Trumpettes...Because the Great and Powerful Trump said so.

Sorry guys.

I have watched this guy for months - and I know I am more conservative than he is - I voted for Cruz, as well...

he is all sour grapes...National Review has been exposed as a bit player...due to its leader.
5/5/16 9:17 am

Post UncleJD
georgiapath wrote:
All the people living on the government dole want Hillary so their gravey train won't be derailed.

How will it be derailed by a populist who believes in goverment-provided medicine just as much (or more) than Obama? He intends to "replace" Obamacare, not just repeal it, and he said the government should pay for it, and he's for single-payer. He also plans to levy tariffs on China and start a trade war, that sounds great to populists, but the rest of us don't want to pay $3,000 for a $500 Television, or have China return the "favor" and raise tariffs on US goods, true our jobs won't be going oversees, they'll just be going away., this has NEVER worked in history, it won't work now.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/5/16 9:20 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
UncleJD wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
All the people living on the government dole want Hillary so their gravey train won't be derailed.

How will it be derailed by a populist who believes in goverment-provided medicine just as much (or more) than Obama? He intends to "replace" Obamacare, not just repeal it, and he said the government should pay for it, and he's for single-payer. He also plans to levy tariffs on China and start a trade war, that sounds great to populists, but the rest of us don't want to pay $3,000 for a $500 Television, or have China return the "favor" and raise tariffs on US goods, true our jobs won't be going oversees, they'll just be going away., this has NEVER worked in history, it won't work now.

If you are going to have gov health care - single payer is the only thing that will work. re: Medicare. Obama knew this all along.
5/5/16 11:56 am

Post Cojak
Trump and Hillary are not conservative. That is correct.

If the Conservatives we have elected were really conservative things in Government would have changed, BUT THINGS REMAIN THE SAME. We elected a BUNCH of republicans last time, and you could not tell the power source had changed.

WE had Reagan and two Bushes and Government grew. Illegals walked in, we spent and spent. The Bail out for corps 'too big to fail' was designed by Bush, the CONSERVATIVE and handed to Obama.

I am thinking it might be good to have someone who shows what they are. So far the conservatives haven't been too conservative. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/5/16 8:08 pm

Post Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
... .

If you are going to have gov health care - single payer is the only thing that will work. re: Medicare. Obama knew this all along.[/quote]

I completely agree here NBF. I do not remember the Democrat, but a senator proposed raising Medicaid eligible to $35k once. The Lines of communication were already in place, no bigger department needed. We were probably paying 80% of the total cost of the poor already with the medical bills coming thru the emergency rooms.

Since the advent of Obamacare, I assume the next step is Single payer. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/5/16 8:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic