Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pastor Darren Patrick removed from pastorate

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pastor Darren Patrick removed from pastorate wayne
Reasons given:
The Journey Board also confirmed Patrick violated the following:

● abandonment of genuine biblical community (Titus 1:8)
● refusal of personal accountability (failure to be a fellow elder according to 1 Pet. 5:1)
● lack of self-control (1 Tim. 3:2)
● manipulation and lying (Titus 1:8)
● domineering over those in his charge (1 Pet. 5:3)
● misuse of power/authority (1 Pet. 5:3)
● a history of building his identity through ministry and media platforms (necessity to be "sober-minded" in 1 Tim. 3:2 and avoid selfish gain in 1 Pet. 5:2)

http://www.charismanews.com/us/56483-megachurch-pastor-darrin-patrick-removed-from-office

Pastors need a ton of prayer.
Acts Enthusiast
4/27/16 1:44 pm

Post diakoneo
Quote:
"I am utterly horrified by the depth of my sin and devastated by the terrible effects of it on myself, my family and so many others, including all of you," Patrick writes. "I am so deeply and terribly sorry for the pain that my sin is causing you, as well as the broken trust that my sin has clearly produced.

"In short, I am a completely devastated man, utterly broken by my sin and in need of deep healing. The way that the Journey elders have demonstrated their desire to see me restored to Jesus, as well as their love for me, Amie and our family is nothing short of miraculous and beyond gracious. They have put together a thoroughly comprehensive restoration plan for myself and our family, and we have great hope for God's healing, restoration and reconciliation through this process. We are profoundly grateful for the elders' care in this, and are completely committed to every aspect of the plan that is in place," he writes.

Patrick concluded: "Journey, you are in good hands with your elders. Please know that Amie and I are completely committed to our marriage as well as the well-being of our children and family. We earnestly desire your prayers for us in this terribly painful but hopeful season. We are desperately clinging to God's promise that He loves us completely in spite of our sin, delights in us when we are at our weakest, and that He is, indeed, the restorer and healer of all brokenness."

I know nothing about the Journey church, but I appreciate his words of sorrow.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/27/16 2:21 pm

Post philunderwood
Darrin and I both were in a think tank with a consulting group in 2010-12. He never exhibited what he now confesses to in any of our meetings or gatherings. In fact, he was funny and engaging. He did confess to deep times of depression but it was no big deal. He most recently was not only the pastor of Journey, but VP of Acts 29.

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
4/28/16 11:11 pm

Post He came from my neck of the woods in southern Illinois caseyleejones
..interesting....he is/was "The Journey".

Regardless, God is bigger than this sin...whatever it may be and hopefully some type of restoration had begun.....

Sin and shame will take a knee to grace.
Acts-perienced Poster
4/29/16 12:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic