Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I shopped at Target in North Carolina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Eddie Robbins
The issue is not even a Christian issue and the boycott is lame and makes Christians look like they always seem to in these situations. No thought, just follow somebody's boycott because it sounds good.

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 4/26/16 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
4/25/16 5:39 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
The issue is not even a Christian issue and the boycott is lame and makes Christians look like they always seem to in theses situations. No thought, just follow somebody's boycott because it sounds good.

The Boss, NFL and NBA don't think boycotts are lame.
I don't think they are lame.
Only Eddie thinks they are lame.

And agreed - it isn't a Christian issue. Common sense is the issue. Target leadership show they have none.

And I have given it plenty of thought. I boycott only those things that I can no longer in good conscience support. My wife and daughter loved Target. But they often use the restroom while there. No longer.

Targets nonsensical support for this should get somebody at the top fired. Or they can cede their business to someone else that isn't as stupid. Their choice.
4/25/16 6:06 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Eddie Robbins wrote:
The issue is not even a Christian issue and the boycott is lame and makes Christians look like they always seem to in theses situations. No thought, just follow somebody's boycott because it sounds good.

I agree. Boycotts are extremely lame and really don't work.
Acts Enthusiast
4/25/16 6:20 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I'm thinking a whole lot of folks, women and children especially, will just have to hold it until they get home now. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/25/16 6:48 pm

Post Da Sheik
If boycotts are lame why do these celebrities employ the tactic so often? There is one thing in the world that gets everyone's attention...money. Liberals threaten to remove financial support from anyone who refuses to support their militant agenda. Why is it wrong for conservatives to employ the same technique ?

I understand your point about John Q Christian who works for Target and has no dog in the fight besides receiving a wage. To offer counterpoint to that argument, I submit that these are not high wage jobs anyway and they could easily find another position in retail that more closely aligns with values that are consistent with common sense. This is not even a "religious " issue. It's common sense.
Acts Enthusiast
4/25/16 7:50 pm

Post Re: I think Eddie misinformed us Link
Patrick Harris wrote:
AFA is a bunch of whack jobs who get bent out of shape over everything. They call for boycotts like I drink coffee (which I still frequent Starbucks).

Actually it is a joke.

You get mad at people who boycott and then turn around and call for the exact same treatment. Much hypocrisy.....

We have a choice to drink our coffee or buy our underwear and sneakers where we want.

There are those who call for boycotts to oppose wickedness and those who call for boycotts to promote it.
4/26/16 6:05 am

Post Re: I think Eddie misinformed us Patrick Harris
Link wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:
AFA is a bunch of whack jobs who get bent out of shape over everything. They call for boycotts like I drink coffee (which I still frequent Starbucks).

Actually it is a joke.

You get mad at people who boycott and then turn around and call for the exact same treatment. Much hypocrisy.....

We have a choice to drink our coffee or buy our underwear and sneakers where we want.

There are those who call for boycotts to oppose wickedness and those who call for boycotts to promote it.

Exactly.. AFA and their ignorance won't stop me from buying coffee at Starbucks or shopping at Target (even though I never do). I've worked for Home Deport and WM at the corporate level. I could give you plenty of examples from those two to make you want to boycott them as well.
Acts Enthusiast
4/26/16 6:14 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Don't misunderstand me. I am opposed to organized boycotts by Christian organizations. I'm not against individual boycotts as citizens. Acts-pert Poster
4/26/16 7:31 am

Post In the same way that many can do more brotherjames
For example in missions, it stands that an organized boycott can accomplish more than an individual one. I have rarely supported boycotts but this isn't so much about target as it is finally drawing a line in the sand and saying no more. It stops here. As North Carolinians I have encouraged my congregation to write or call their nc house reps and the Governor to tell them we support HB 2 and support them taking a stand and not bowing to blackmail and compromise. We are talking about .03 percent of the population for crying out loud. And not allowing men into women's bathrooms is a worthy cause to draw this line. And Target will not change but if millions of us do then we will have at least made our voices heard and as of 4 pm today more than 750000 people have signed the boycott petition. You are free to not do so but I have and I am encouraging everyone I know and have any influence with to do the same. Acts-celerater
4/26/16 5:17 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
If it's only .03% of the population, it's not going to be a problem. Where do you think these people have been using the bathroom? Women's bathrooms have stalls and the children can't see anyway. Besides, men take their little girls into the men's room where there are urinals. I just saw this yesterday.

It's not a church issue.
Acts-pert Poster
4/26/16 5:36 pm

Post Last I looked brotherjames
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Not tranny nor confused but He ( not she) made mankind in His image. Standing for righteousness is a church issue. And, [Pro 14:34] KJV Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.
Acts-celerater
4/26/16 6:00 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
So, what does the Bible say about who uses what bathroom? Acts-pert Poster
4/26/16 7:08 pm

Post Not calling you names brotherjames
But you're being obtuse. Acts-celerater
4/26/16 7:16 pm

Post bonnie knox
Eddie Robbins wrote:
So, what does the Bible say about who uses what bathroom?

Apparently there were some who peed against the wall.
Wink
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/26/16 7:28 pm

Post Da Sheik
Bonnie has been reading her KJV again. Laughing Acts Enthusiast
4/26/16 7:31 pm

Post Dear eddie brotherjames
Apparently Franklin Graham agrees that Target has done a stupid thing and agrees that Christians should sign the afa boycott pledge as he has done and is encouraging others to do so and also to stop shopping at Target.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/04/27/franklin-graham-slams-targets-transgender-bathroom-policy-and-offers-a-warning-we-are-the-sex-god-created-us-to-be-male-or-female/
Acts-celerater
4/27/16 8:55 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Dear? I don't think so.

I am not one of Franklin Graham's blind followers so, that doesn't impress me.
Acts-pert Poster
4/27/16 1:45 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
If it's only .03% of the population,

Men that want to molest little girls or rape women are only 0.03% of the population?

Where does that stat come from?

That is who we want to keep out of the ladies restroom.

Do you not understand the issue?
4/27/16 2:10 pm

Post NBF brotherjames
the .03 was the estimated transgender population in the USA however as we both know there are millions of pedophiles in America who would use the policies of Target and others to molest children in bathrooms including men's rooms which has always been a problem which is why we don't let our small grandchildren go to either bathroom alone.

Dear Eddie remains at odds with common sense but that is certainly his prerogative, dear or otherwise.

Also not sure of his response about a genuine man of God and a brother Baptist, Rev. Franklin Graham.
Acts-celerater
4/27/16 3:21 pm

Post bonnie knox
brotherjames, if you are trying to establish a dialogue, you won't do it by alternately calling someone obtuse, then 'dear.' [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/27/16 4:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic