Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Mike Murdock... Please present your evidence.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Mike Murdock... Please present your evidence. Aaron Scott
I stand open to correction, but am asking for your evidence that MM is a "bad guy," so to speak. I can show, I believe, that he has been a blessing through his songs and books. Does he know how to motivate giving to ministries? Without a doubt. Has he overdone it at times? I'm sure he has.

But perhaps you would be so kind as to present the evidence that convinces you? Please don't just write hearsay, etc.

I am sincere. His writing has been a source of great insight and inspiration to me, but perhaps, if some on here are to be believed, MM is really a wolf....
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/19/16 5:44 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
90% of what he says is good stuff.

It's the 10% that crosses the line on every sermon.

Evidence:
wakeup at 4 am...flip the channels...he is on. Some of the ones he runs are over 10 years old - with the same word that God has for those sowing a thousand into his ministry.

How about the story where everyone gives him fancy clothes - he can't stop them.
Or the one where everyone gives him fancy cars - he can't stop them.
They would be offended. God always blesses those that give to him. They are millionaires now.
EVERY night.
ad nauseum....
4/19/16 7:04 am

Post interested in knowing more about MM wayne
It's interesting that this topic has been brought up. In the past couple of weeks our church has had the privilege of having 4 Africans start to attend. In speaking to them, they said they are Christians because of MM.

I personally don't know anything about him. I have heard of him but need to know more.

If this is not a good place to ask this question, I will start another thread.
Acts Enthusiast
4/19/16 7:17 am

Post Eddie Robbins
There is a lot of stuff out there about the guy if you will Google it. Acts-pert Poster
4/19/16 7:26 am

Post UncleJD
Thanks Tom, the next one to play was this Smile

https://youtu.be/RUP7r5S6rRw

Don't miss Billy Locklear (Sadum Lied to Me) at about 9:50. He's selling pishtures of himself for blessings.

sorry Aaron, I got sidetracked. I have never been able to get past MM's hairdo.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/19/16 10:28 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matt 6:19-21

Col. 3:5 So put to death whatever in your nature belongs to the earth: sexual immorality, impurity, shameful passion, evil desire, and greed which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming on the sons of disobedience.

If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, 5 and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. 6 But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. 7 For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. 8 If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
11But flee from these things, you man of God,
and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. 12Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15which He will bring about at the proper timeā€”He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen. 1 Tim 6:3-16
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/19/16 1:08 pm

Post diakoneo
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
90% of what he says is good stuff.

It's the 10% that crosses the line on every sermon.

If I were fed a steady diet of 90% good food and 10% arsenic, I wonder how long I would last???
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/19/16 1:39 pm

Post (L) bonnie knox
Aaron, I'm not sure I'm not wasting my time by looking for evidence. What would convince you? What evidence could I produce that you would not respond with, "but, but, BUT"?

Nevertheless, here is a link. The language is reprehensible. (Too bad we have to have secular voices calling out wolves.)
Basically, this shows the clip where Murdock advises those who are already in credit card debt to go further in debt and send him $1000. Of course he uses the buzzwords "faith," "seed," etc.--just thought-stopping words which cause people to take leave of their common sense. Do you know people who are doing poorly financially? Some through hard circumstances, some through bad decisions and poor management. Just imagine those kinds of people and the desperation they feel when they think the best thing they can do with their money is help a TV preacher pay for his private plane.
If you just want to see the clip of Mike Murdock, go to the video at the bottom of the article and skip to the following marks:
minutes 2:34 - 3:06 Murdock gloats over the purchase of 2 planes
minutes 5:48 - 6:20 Murdock tells people who are in debt to go further into debt (of course the piano playing in the background and undulation of his voice as he repeats the phrase "use your faith" are quite hypnotic)

http://mic.com/articles/123961/watch-john-oliver-s-hellfire-sermon-on-american-televangelists#.6rrzG0hAl
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/19/16 1:41 pm

Post Re: (L) Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Murdock tells people who are in debt to go further into debt (of course the piano playing in the background and undulation of his voice as he repeats the phrase "use your faith" are quite hypnotic)

Hey, I had to turn at clip off. It was almost at the end an momma had the checkbook out writin a $1000 seed faith gift. It took me 20 minutes to get her back to reality cause Marduk had done hypnotized her. She kept walkin around sayin, "I have no need cause I planted ma seed." She finally snapped out of it when I mention a Shoney's Hot Fudge Cake.
Acts-pert Poster
4/19/16 3:37 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
She finally snapped out of it when I mention a Shoney's Hot Fudge Cake.

The master manipulator knows what buttons to push.
Sounds like you have "Mama's" number.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/19/16 3:41 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron, I love ya in the good Lord, bruh, but I'm dead serious, I find it extremely disconcerting that you are blessed by MM. I honestly feel no compulsion to document evidence of MM's charlatanism. It's like saying, prove to me that Bill Clinton is a moral degenerate. The evidence is readily available for anyone to see. Acts-pert Poster
4/19/16 3:44 pm

bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
She finally snapped out of it when I mention a Shoney's Hot Fudge Cake.

The master manipulator knows what buttons to push.
Sounds like you have "Mama's" number.

I know one thing, we aint never watchin MM again. I almost lost a $1000 on at pyramid schemer...............
Acts-pert Poster
4/19/16 3:46 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
MM reminds me of Robert Tilton. It's all about "giving for giving's sake" with no real goal or purpose, nothing about fulfilling the great commission. If he was a Keith Green type raising millions for missions projects I could understand.
4/19/16 5:29 pm

Post I have gone to two of his seminars..... caseyleejones
He spent more on me than I gave him.....

He gave away books and all. I have most of his collection. It is some of the best stuff written. I really do not follow him anymore.

I think in a few areas he might be out of balance but I can say that about most who post here.
Acts-perienced Poster
4/19/16 7:43 pm

Aaron writes, "His writing has been a source of great insight and inspiration to me."

Casey writes, "I have most of his collection. It is some of the best stuff written."

It is becoming increasingly clear to the ole timer why some Acts posters constantly defend woffie doctrine. Honestly, I am befuzzled and bandangled regarding the two statements cited above. 1 John 4:1 brethren. Embarassed
Acts-pert Poster
4/20/16 5:13 am

Post A balanced response.... Aaron Scott
NBF, his being on all the time may be wearying, but is it wrong or proof of being a wolf? If 90% of what he is saying is good! wouldn't it be fairer to roll your eyes than declare him a wolf or whatever. And if people give him nice things, what's wrong with that? Now' yes, if he's bragging or lying, you have a point, but I didn't see any claim that it was all untrue...unless I missed it.

Disk ones...what if the other 10% is not arsenic...but just something a bit distasteful? That is, you have posted, but I am not seeing a whole lot of specifics from anyone that would just flat out make MM a charlatan. Perhaps unwise, but I don't know if it's much further than that.

EDDIE!!!! indeed, I can find out lots of devilish lies if I Google it. Seriously? I can learn that Jesus didn't exist...or was gay, etc. if you choose to believe that, despite the solid teaching he does, fine. I can't drink from that fountain.

Bonnie, these are fair enough. Not in and of themselves deal breakers, but a fair shot. Consider that there might have been a time when you were a big Swaggart fan. If I recall, they used a plane also, but I never heard complaints.

OTCP...nope...no use even wasting time or energy discussing this with you.
4/20/16 5:13 am

Post Carolyn Smith
When we were at PTL, MM came for the telethons. Some of the celebrity folk that came were very personable and approachable. Let's just say he was not one who had much time for the little people.

He also came to a church (where my husband was the children's pastor) for a fundraiser dinner. It is a night I will never forget. The church took all the chairs and tables from the multipurpose room where we met & put them in the sanctuary for the dinner, leaving no chairs for the children (probably 200-300 kids.) We fed the kids pizza in the classrooms and did an outdoor service for the kids. They were still going strong in the sanctuary, so we did games and movies with the kids. A couple of hours later, I began threatening to go find the pastor, grab him by the lapels and yell, "MAKE HIM STOP!" (Of course, I didn't.) The dinner lasted five hours.

We were told he gave a word that there were 10 people who were supposed to give $1000. A mentally challenged person and 10 other people went up. It wasn't pretty.

If it's 90% good and 10% bad, you'd better be really good at discerning what the truth is.
4/20/16 6:00 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
If Murdock is not guilty of the sin of greed (which is idolatry) then no one is or ever has been guilty of it. His entire ministry is based on and built around the love of money, money and more money. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/20/16 6:57 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Bonnie, these are fair enough. Not in and of themselves deal breakers, but a fair shot. Consider that there might have been a time when you were a big Swaggart fan. If I recall, they used a plane also, but I never heard complaints.

It's not just having a plane; it's the attitude of buying the second plane just to rub it in the face of the "jealous" peons.

As far as who I might have been a fan of, I will give you a little personal background. I grew up in a home without a TV. Mom thought we didn't need its corrupting influence. So, I didn't follow TV preachers.
When I got married, I found my husband put quite a bit of value in TV preachers. I tried to open my mind some, and it was along about that time that some of the high profile scandals were exposed.
Over time, I've watched how the teachings that are on TV affect the people in the local churches. It really is not good.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/20/16 7:13 am

Post Re: A balanced response.... Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron Scott wrote:

OTCP...nope...no use even wasting time or energy discussing this with you.

If folk aint willin to see it for what it is, you right, no need to discuss it with OTCP.

Ifn I need a wisdom key, it aint gonna come from MM. I'll git mine from the good Book.
Acts-pert Poster
4/20/16 8:47 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic