Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Oklahoma City

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Oklahoma City Eddie Robbins
I'm running a half marathon this Sunday in OKC in the Memorial Half Marathon, honoring the victims of the bombing. Oklahoma will be state #31 in which I have run an official race. I am looking forward to meeting up with Overseer Darrell Rice while I'm there. It's going to be a great weekend! Acts-pert Poster
4/18/16 12:54 pm

Post I was in OKC Patrick Harris
I was living in OKC and actually heard the bomb go off at my home.

At the time I was a 1st Sgt in the military and one of my people got killed in the bombing. They has gone to the Social Security office. I had gone in later that morning and I was driving through downtown OKC it looked really smoky and dark.
Acts Enthusiast
4/19/16 7:45 am

Post seanr25
PH, were you in the 3rd Herd? Friendly Face
4/20/16 5:52 pm

Post Patrick Harris
No. Med Grp Acts Enthusiast
4/20/16 8:42 pm

Post seanr25
Oh, ok. I knew that someone from the hospital was there, but didn't know they were at the SS office. We had a female airman from the 3rd at the SS office also. She had just gotten married the week before. That day is still very vivid in my mind. Friendly Face
4/20/16 9:29 pm

Post Patrick Harris
seanr25 wrote:
Oh, ok. I knew that someone from the hospital was there, but didn't know they were at the SS office. We had a female airman from the 3rd at the SS office also. She had just gotten married the week before. That day is still very vivid in my mind.

yes, I remember talking to the 3rd 1st Sgt about her on several occasions and how she had just gotten married. Lakesha Levy was the girl from the hospital.
Acts Enthusiast
4/21/16 7:41 am

Post Eddie Robbins
The OKC Memorial Marathon/Half Marathon is one of the best organized I have ever done. 25,000 runners in memory of the terrorist attack in OKC 21 years ago. So many things about this race was wonderful! I highly recommend it.

We had a great visit with AB Darrell and Marsha Rice on Saturday evening. We had dinner and visited the memorial. If you go to OKC, you must visit the memorial. Very moving experience.
Acts-pert Poster
4/25/16 5:52 am

Post JLarry
Eddie I saw a photo of you and your wife with Darrell and Marsha Rice on his FB page.

Did not know you and Darrell were friends. I have a great amount of love and respect for Darrell Rice. Or as Frank Culpepper called him Professor Rice.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
4/25/16 8:23 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I went to Lee with Darrell. We have been friends ever since. I have lots of friends, Larry, and your are one. 😀 Acts-pert Poster
4/25/16 4:54 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic