Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Resolution on Late Ministerial Reporting Designed to Shame the Minister in front of his Church!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Resolution on Late Ministerial Reporting Designed to Shame the Minister in front of his Church! Old Time Country Preacher
I just submitted a resolution to the EC, hoping it will be on the agenda his year. Not gonna post it word-for-word, but the gist is this.

Any credentialed minister who is pastoring, who is consistently late with his ministerial reporting (3 times in one year), will be reprimanded. A letter will be sent to his church treasurer which is to be read on a Sunday morning to the entire congregation. The letter will state that the pastor has been consistently late in his reporting, and if he has been railing agin his people bein late on their tithing/giving, this pastor is guilty of hypocrisy. Also, if the pastor has been sneakin around tryin to circumvent the system by enouragin folk to pay their tithes into the gen fund, or to pay "local tithe" and "general tithe," with the goal of local tithe not bein subject to TOT, hey this will warrant receiving a letter of admonishment to be read to the congregation.

I'm tryin to garner support for the resolution so I'm askin you fellers to vote fer it.
Acts-pert Poster
4/18/16 8:18 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Shocked [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/18/16 9:12 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
I think it is an excellent idea. I don't have any confidence in preachers who encourage their members to put tithe in general fund. Neither do I understand why ministers are ALWAYS late on their church reports. They are supossed to be in by the 5th. One state that I keep an eye on, over 100 churches each month are late or do not send in their reports at all. Once a church gets behind, it is hard to catch up. We would not like our members not paying tithe and especially those in a position. If a Sunday School teacher, elder, deacon or whatever did not pay tithe, he would be removed from office (and should be), then ministers need to do the same. We have pastored many years in the COG and I always told the clerk, pay the bills and me last. Those reports go out the first of the month. We know of a church in another state who report over a thousand in average monthly attendance and their tithe maybe $7,000. I think the state overseer should check into that pastor because everyone knows that the tithe should be more than that. I also notice another church in that same state whose attendance averages around 350 - 400 and their tithe will be $35,000. Something is wrong with the first church. This has been going on for probably at least 5 years and nothing has been done to correct it. That is not right and I blame the Pastor and the Overseer. Friendly Face
4/18/16 9:40 am

Post c6thplayer1
I wouldnt give a plug nickle to someone that is consistently late. We had a finance officer who was late for EVERyTHING. It took a couple of years of humiliation to get him in line and quit taking advantage of other people but he now is on time for church activities.

Nice talk didnt work. You have to make people like this uncomfortable when they are in error and wont take advice. This method works every time if you are consistent.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/18/16 10:37 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
You would have to require the DO or YD or SO to come and do this. No way any pastor would let his clerk read such a letter to the congregation. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/18/16 11:17 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
You would have to require the DO or YD or SO to come and do this. No way any pastor would let his clerk read such a letter to the congregation.

Mr. Green ROFL
Acts-pert Poster
4/18/16 11:55 am

Post Thanks JLarry
for reminding me to fill our my report.

No shame here. Rom. 8:1

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
4/18/16 12:06 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
If they ain't sending the report in - they sure aren't going to read anything from the state office.

Probably discard it into file 13 without opening it.
4/18/16 12:53 pm

It was a joke, fellers. But it would be in order to see some a these pastors what is constantly late with their own reportin, while reprimandin their congregation for the same thing, git called on the carpet. Acts-pert Poster
4/18/16 5:52 pm

Post Da Sheik
In my first pastorate, we became delinquent in reporting because my clerk had a beef with the COG that I was not privy to. It was a long and drawn out process to remove him but it was the best thing that ever happened to us. It was my fault because I failed to stay on top of things. I trusted him blindly to be responsible.

I know this post was humorous but it illustrates a real problem. I think more should be done to determine the root cause of the delinquency. Is it merely a dereliction of duty, or are there deeper issues? Missappopriation of funds, bad debt, severe financial struggles, etc?
Acts Enthusiast
4/18/16 6:30 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Instead of being read, the General Overseer will come to the church live via satellite and reprimand the whole church. If you idiots want to remain COG, send in your money! And get that logo on the sign!! And take "pointe" off of your name. Acts-pert Poster
4/18/16 6:54 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Instead of being read, the General Overseer will come to the church live via satellite and reprimand the whole church. If you idiots want to remain COG, send in your money! And get that logo on the sign!! And take "pointe" off of your name.
Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/18/16 8:28 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
It was a joke, fellers. But it would be in order to see some a these pastors what is constantly late with their own reportin, while reprimandin their congregation for the same thing, git called on the carpet.

[b]I just submitted a resolution to the EC, hoping it will be on the agenda his year. Not gonna post it word-for-word, but the gist is this.

Why don't you turn it in? You should. Again, I think it is an excellent idea. I took you at your word and didn't know that you were joking. I value your opinion and almost always read your response on "touchy" subjects.
Friendly Face
4/18/16 8:36 pm

THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
It was a joke, fellers. But it would be in order to see some a these pastors what is constantly late with their own reportin, while reprimandin their congregation for the same thing, git called on the carpet.

[b]I just submitted a resolution to the EC, hoping it will be on the agenda his year. Not gonna post it word-for-word, but the gist is this.

Why don't you turn it in? You should. Again, I think it is an excellent idea. I took you at your word and didn't know that you were joking. I value your opinion and almost always read your response on "touchy" subjects.

Yep, TLOG, I was just a joshin an havin a little fun.

That said, though, I would love to see some a the facial expressions of them fellers whats most always late.
Acts-pert Poster
4/18/16 11:50 pm

Post hmmm wayne
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
I think it is an excellent idea. I don't have any confidence in preachers who encourage their members to put tithe in general fund. Neither do I understand why ministers are ALWAYS late on their church reports. They are supossed to be in by the 5th. One state that I keep an eye on, over 100 churches each month are late or do not send in their reports at all. Once a church gets behind, it is hard to catch up. We would not like our members not paying tithe and especially those in a position. If a Sunday School teacher, elder, deacon or whatever did not pay tithe, he would be removed from office (and should be), then ministers need to do the same. We have pastored many years in the COG and I always told the clerk, pay the bills and me last. Those reports go out the first of the month. We know of a church in another state who report over a thousand in average monthly attendance and their tithe maybe $7,000. I think the state overseer should check into that pastor because everyone knows that the tithe should be more than that. I also notice another church in that same state whose attendance averages around 350 - 400 and their tithe will be $35,000. Something is wrong with the first church. This has been going on for probably at least 5 years and nothing has been done to correct it. That is not right and I blame the Pastor and the Overseer.

I always thought Pastors did the right thing all the time and then I became a Pastor. I had heard of Pastors advising their members to put the money in the offering instead of the tithe fund. Shocked I see in our state news churches who don't report and when you look month after month they never report.
To me this is simply shameful and it teaches the congregation to be deceptive in their walk with God. I'm wondering if, they are being taught to be deceptive in their giving, what other false things are they being taught?

I'm not perfect but I follow the rules and I do my best to remain in line with my leadership. if I have a problem with my leadership, I take it to my leadership.
Acts Enthusiast
4/19/16 7:28 am

Post Link
The only reason these silly rules are important is because preachers basically agree to them, right?
4/19/16 5:08 pm

Post seanr25
I know that the op posted this in jest, but some of the responses make me glad I don't attend any of your pharisitical churches... Friendly Face
4/20/16 5:50 pm

Post Da Sheik
I honestly don't give a second thought to non-reporting peers. I figure that if they are deliberately trying to circumvent the system , they will reap what they have sown. And if they are truly unable to meet financial obligations , I have compassion on them and hope they can become solvent. Acts Enthusiast
4/20/16 7:59 pm

Link wrote:
The only reason these silly rules are important is because preachers basically agree to them, right?

No more silly than you assuming a loan fer ya automobile, an part a the contract says that on the 5th day a each month you will make the payment. Not the 6th, not the 9th, not the 12th----------the 5th of each month. An they is a reason for it, so all the reports can be tabulated in a timely manner in state/international records departments. Every credentialed minister--from the moment he/she receives their Exhorter's Certificate--knows this is the methodology the COG has chosen, an by accepting credentials in the COG, each credentialed minister agrees to implement that methodology. This, of course, negates emergencies, sickness, natural disasters, etc., what would prevent reporting in an expeditious manner. To knowingly/willfully/intentionally consistently report late is primarily a matter of ethics. And for those same persons to berate their own church members who are late in tithing, ummmm, well, it smacks of blatant hypocrisy.
Acts-pert Poster
4/20/16 8:40 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Link wrote:

No more silly than you assuming a loan fer ya automobile, an part a the contract says that on the 5th day a each month you will make the payment. Not the 6th, not the 9th, not the 12th----------the 5th of each month. An they is a reason for it, so all the reports can be tabulated in a timely manner in state/international records departments. Every credentialed minister--from the moment he/she receives their Exhorter's Certificate--knows this is the methodology the COG has chosen, an by accepting credentials in the COG, each credentialed minister agrees to implement that methodology. This, of course, negates emergencies, sickness, natural disasters, etc., what would prevent reporting in an expeditious manner. To knowingly/willfully/intentionally consistently report late is primarily a matter of ethics. And for those same persons to berate their own church members who are late in tithing, ummmm, well, it smacks of blatant hypocrisy.

Amen. Very welll said.
Friendly Face
4/25/16 2:37 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic