Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Whachathink about the TN Governor vetoing making the Bible the state book?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Whachathink about the TN Governor vetoing making the Bible the state book? doyle
Were you pro or con for the TN legislature to proclaim the Bible as the state book? How do you feel about the Governor vetoing that bill?

Doyle
4/15/16 12:34 pm

Post DrDuck
Just like the Georgia RINO turncoat, he is a gutless wonder who has betrayed those who voted them into office. Acts-celerater
4/15/16 4:52 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Why do your need to designate a state book? The government officials need to spend more time helping this economy and things that count. They are simply pandering to their constituents for next term's vote. How about living the Book?

In Georgia,my he governor was absolutely correct vetoing the bill. The reason is, there want even a case! Show me a case where a gay couple sues a pastor for not marrying them and wins the case, then, come up with a bill. Until then, people are operating out of fear. You can't allow all of these companies who threaten to leave the state to hurt the economy. Those are Christians' jobs that will be leaving, Again, show me a case and I'm all in.

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 4/16/16 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
4/15/16 6:07 pm

Post DrDuck
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Why do your need to designate a state book? The government officials need to spend more time helping this economy and things that count. They are simply pandering to their constituents for nextbterm's vote. How about living the Book?

In Georgia,my he governor was absolutely correct vetoing the bill. The reason is, there want even a case! Show me a case where a gay couple sues a pastor for not marrying them and wins the case, then, come up with a bill. Until then, people are operating out of fear. You can't allow all of these companies who threaten to leave the state to hurt the economy. Those are Christians' jobs that will be leaving, Again, show me a case and I'm all in.

It has been my privilege for over 50 years to preach publish and defend the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I count it yet a privilege to continue to support "The Word" by standing firm in defense of what it teaches and stands for. And our governor was DEAD WRONG period and exclamation point..!! The best defense is a good offense. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure etc, etc, etc.
Acts-celerater
4/15/16 6:35 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Why do your need to designate a state book? The government officials need to spend more time helping this economy and things that count. They are simply pandering to their constituents for nextbterm's vote. How about living the Book?

Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up On all points.!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/15/16 9:24 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Eddie Robbins wrote:

so we have to let companies blackmail States into lining up with their liberal views? Do we wait for a pastor to be sued before we try to protect him?

Did you ever believe that judges would come along with such a warped view of the Constitution that they'd claim the States must allow same sex marriage?

Eddie, the assault has already begun. These people will not stop.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 4/16/16 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
4/16/16 6:41 am

Post DrDuck
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

so we have to let companies blackmail States into lining up with their liberal views? Do we wait for a pastor to be sued before we try to protect him?

Did you ever believe that judges would come along with such a warped view of the Constitution that they claim the States must allow same sex marriage?

Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up
Acts-celerater
4/16/16 7:20 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Did you ever believe that judges would come along with such a warped view of the Constitution that they'd claim the States must allow same sex marriage?

Show me a case, and I'm in. Until then, what else can you think of for legislatures to waste the tax payers, and I mean ALL of the tax payers' money?

Isn't it funny that when we want our way, it's a boycott. When they want their way, it's blackmail. They own the company that operates in the state. It is their company. They have the freedom and liberty to leave if they oppose a law. Isn't that the same freedom and liberty we espouse?
Acts-pert Poster
4/16/16 7:40 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Show me a case, and I'm in. Until then, what else can you think of for legislatures to waste the tax payers, and I mean ALL of the tax payers' money?

Isn't it funny that when we want our way, it's a boycott. When they want their way, it's blackmail. They own the company that operates in the state. It is their company. They have the freedom and liberty to leave if they oppose a law. Isn't that the same freedom and liberty we espouse?

Let them go. We cannot let ourselves be blackmailed.

Why are these big corporations so interested in meddling in local politics of their host States?
4/16/16 7:49 am

Post Patrick Harris
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Why do your need to designate a state book? The government officials need to spend more time helping this economy and things that count. They are simply pandering to their constituents for next term's vote. How about living the Book?

Exactly, it was a stupid attempt to pander to people. His veto was correct.
Acts Enthusiast
4/16/16 9:29 am

Post drmrc
I 100% agree with Tom. Well said, my friend.

Mike Chapman
Friendly Face
4/17/16 9:52 pm

Post Change Agent
I agree with Tom also. Acts Enthusiast
4/18/16 6:31 am

Post Eddie Robbins
i agree with Tom because he agreed with me. Laughing Acts-pert Poster
4/18/16 7:09 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Sure - America should get rid of any semblance of being based on the practices of the Bible.

All Bibles, Ten Commandments, etc... should be banned from public property.
The Founders set it up to be like that.

Abraham Lincolns and Martin Luther Kings references to the Bible to end slavery and second class citizenship were inaccurate.

Any appeal to the Bible should be illegal in the United States.
The United States has nothing to do with Christianity.
It is secular in nature only.
4/18/16 8:15 am

Post UncleJD
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

The church has become impotent because it keeps trying get human government to do the work that is exclusively reserved for the Church of Jesus Christ.

Further, the "state" taking "The Book" and making it some sort of political artifact is somehow similar to the Israelites taking the Ark of the Covenant to the battlefield as a "sure fire gimmick." God wasn't impressed. The Word of God is used to inform God's covenant people of what a life of WORTH (worship) looks like - not to be postured as some trinket of political posturing.

Personally, I'm glad the governor did it. Whatever the political reasons were, I really don't care. I am glad they are not taking "my" book and corrupting the very high and holy purpose for which it was intended.

But that's me... Smile

Thanks for sparing me the 10 minutes of typing Tom. ^what he said
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/18/16 8:53 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Here's the thing. What happens if the Bible is the official book? Nothing. Acts-pert Poster
4/18/16 12:26 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Somebody had to do it.

Tired of being run over and having to stand down.

Even though I didn't vote for Trump - I AM one of those angry white males - tired of taking it in the shorts on everything.
4/19/16 7:07 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic