Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

OTCP... why?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post OTCP... why? Ernie Long
Why did you pick Pikeville, KY as the town that you're from? Just wondering. Acts Enthusiast
4/13/16 2:08 pm

Post Cojak
I think because it easier to spell than Muhlenberg, maybe? Or because mama's daddy don't know where Pikeville is! Shocked

I thought I would guess before OT got here! Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/13/16 2:15 pm

Post Some of the reasons brotherjames
Hillbilly Days is an annual festival held in mid-April in Pikeville, Kentucky celebrating the best of Appalachian culture.
The National Civic League designated Pikeville as an All-American City in 1965.
The Hatfield and McCoy River Trails, located on the Levisa Fork River, opened on April 26, 2014

aerial photo of Pikeville, Ky

also because there's no cog in Pikeville, Ky but there is one in Pikeville, TN just sayin'....

PS Y'all have time to make it to the next BIG HillBilly Days festival NEXT WEEK!
Acts-celerater
4/13/16 2:35 pm

Post Re: OTCP... why? Old Time Country Preacher
Ernie Long wrote:
Why did you pick Pikeville, KY as the town that you're from? Just wondering.

Ernie, the following is the honest truth.

In the early days of Actscelerate one could post without registering. One could just go to the forum, and type in any name, ten different names in a single day if one chose to do so. Then, the great day of registration came. The great taskmaster, Doyle, required that all the world should be taxed and for the privilege of posting on Acts one had to register, using either one's real name or a pen name.

I sat before my PC thinkin, cause I didn't have no laptop/tablet back then, trying to think of a parody that many could relate to. Out of nowhere it came to me, Old Time Country Preacher. An ole timer feller with a country accent. On that day, OTCP was birthed. Then I thought, where would an Old Time Country Preacher live. So I got me a map an looked slap dab in the middle of Appalachia, fount a place what needed a church plant, and was strongly led to Pikeville, KY.
Acts-pert Poster
4/13/16 4:52 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic