Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Does he still feel the nails everytime I fail him?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Does he still feel the nails everytime I fail him? caseyleejones
....you all know the song.......

....so does he? Is this a biblical song?
Acts-perienced Poster
4/13/16 1:15 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
No, he doesn't.

According to Hebrews 10:10, "we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."
Acts-pert Poster
4/13/16 1:54 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
God is still able to be grieved (Eph. 4:30) and has indignation and wrath for every soul that does evil (see Rom. 2:8-10). The fact that some make the blood He shed into an unholy thing and thus outrage the Spirit of grace only makes their deserved punishment all the more severe, as Heb. 10:29 says.

No doubt He distinctly remembers every moment of the pain and suffering He endured for us and our salvation. That said, I think the song lyric is really just poetic, and not literally true to the Scriptures.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/13/16 2:29 am

Post bradfreeman
No. He's enjoying the "joy set before Him". Heb. 12:2

He sits at rest at His Father's right hand. Heb. 1:3; Heb. 10:12, 13

The suffering is over. The price has been paid. The victory is won!

As for Heb. 10:26-31, those Jews who persisted in unbelief, rejecting the new covenant and the only sacrifice that kept the consequences of sin off them under the old covenant, were being warned that they were about to receive the end of their covenant. One generation after Jesus prophesied it (40 years), they filled up the measure of their guilt (rejecting the only sacrifice that could take their guilt away) and received that judgment when Jerusalem was destroyed, not one stone left upon another, and the blood of the all the slain righteous came upon "this generations" (40 years). Mat. 23:31-39

Eph. 4:25 Therefore, laying aside falsehood, speak truth each one of you with his neighbor, for we are members of one another. 26 Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and do not give the devil an opportunity. 28 He who steals must steal no longer; but rather he must labor, performing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have something to share with one who has need. 29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. 30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

The Spirit is insulted or grieved when we reject His work of guiding us in to truth, glorifying Christ and bringing the world to faith in Christ. He is grieved when we turn from speaking that "truth" or speaking "unwholesome" (corrupted) words that don't edify and "give grace to those who hear". He is grieved when we aren't operating in the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, etc.) and are operating in bitterness, wrath, anger and unforgiveness.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
4/13/16 6:07 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Quote:
He is grieved when we aren't operating in the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, etc.) and are operating in bitterness, wrath, anger and unforgiveness

I get what you're saying but the Fruit of the Spirit is evidence that we are filled. If there is no Fruit, we aren't filled. We don't have to strive for or operate in the Fruit. An apple tree doesn't have to strive to or operate in producing apples. It just does. So, if there is no evidence, there is no Spirit. It's not a work.
Acts-pert Poster
4/13/16 6:28 am

Post bradfreeman
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Quote:
He is grieved when we aren't operating in the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, etc.) and are operating in bitterness, wrath, anger and unforgiveness

I get what you're saying but the Fruit of the Spirit is evidence that we are filled. If there is no Fruit, we aren't filled. We don't have to strive for or operate in the Fruit. An apple tree doesn't have to strive to or operate in producing apples. It just does. So, if there is no evidence, there is no Spirit. It's not a work.
Thumb Up

100% agree. Fruit-bearing is what He does.

1 Cor. 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. 7 So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth.

Acts-dicted
4/13/16 7:33 am

Post Then there was a song I heard during sunrise service.... caseyleejones
...to the effect of.....every time I sin is like a splinter in his side....

Really.....how does this kind of garbage make it into our churches?
Acts-perienced Poster
4/13/16 11:06 am

Post Re: Then there was a song I heard during sunrise service.... Old Time Country Preacher
caseyleejones wrote:

Mostly through independent (usually WOF influenced) sources.
Acts-pert Poster
4/13/16 11:53 am

Post Re: Then there was a song I heard during sunrise service.... bradfreeman
caseyleejones wrote:

It comes primarily through legalistic preachers looking for new and creative ways to make people feel guilty so they'll keep behaving, giving, coming and working.

Acts-dicted
4/14/16 5:06 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic