Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Dillards Hires New Spokesperson for their Women's Lingerie & Dress Department (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dillards Hires New Spokesperson for their Women's Lingerie & Dress Department (L) Old Time Country Preacher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5bhq7q2xA Acts-pert Poster
4/11/16 10:18 pm

Post Ahh, now I read you, OTCP: You need attention. I didn't catch that until just this post. Aaron Scott
the better to understand you with....[/quote] Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/12/16 4:40 am

Post bonnie knox
Ole Timer, I see that video has nearly 500 views and no likes or dislikes. Do you like it? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/12/16 8:31 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Ole Timer, I see that video has nearly 500 views and no likes or dislikes. Do you like it?

Yes and No, Miss Bonnie!

Yes, it is comical!

No, I grieve that those outside the COG were able to see it. I've never posted it anywhere than right here on Acts. But see, Acts posters are mostly COG, with a few COGOP/AG/Indys that should be COG an should be ashamed that they aint.

No, I regret that anyone in the COG has this position toward women in ministry/leadership.
Acts-pert Poster
4/12/16 10:10 am

Post UncleJD
posted by scottcartercog2 Is that the guy who embezzled $100K or so from the COG? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/12/16 10:56 am

Post c6thplayer1
I would love to go to that guys church .... it would be fun, I would probably tell him that Im a catholic and asked if he cared if I had a chew .... Cool Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/12/16 1:47 pm

Post bonnie knox
UncleJD wrote:
posted by scottcartercog2 Is that the guy who embezzled $100K or so from the COG?

The guy who embezzled $100K or so from the COG is named Scott Carter. Whether or not this user name scottcartercog2 is being used by Scott Carter would be an entirely different question, of course.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/12/16 1:50 pm

Post UncleJD
bonnie knox wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
posted by scottcartercog2 Is that the guy who embezzled $100K or so from the COG?

The guy who embezzled $100K or so from the COG is named Scott Carter. Whether or not this user name scottcartercog2 is being used by Scott Carter would be an entirely different question, of course.

Hence why I'm asking if anyone knows. Maybe I'll message him and ask. Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/12/16 1:54 pm

c6thplayer1 wrote:
I would love to go to that guys church .... it would be fun, I would probably tell him that Im a catholic and asked if he cared if I had a chew .... Cool

He might let ya set on the platform with him and smoke a Ceegar while the choir is sangin.
Acts-pert Poster
4/12/16 1:55 pm

Post Maybe, maybe not Mat
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Ole Timer, I see that video has nearly 500 views and no likes or dislikes. Do you like it?

Yes and No, Miss Bonnie!

Yes, it is comical!

No, I grieve that those outside the COG were able to see it. I've never posted it anywhere than right here on Acts. But see, Acts posters are mostly COG, with a few COGOP/AG/Indys that should be COG an should be ashamed that they aint.

No, I regret that anyone in the COG has this position toward women in ministry/leadership.

Maybe, maybe not.

1 - I was thinking the same thing about you OTCP. In your heart you want to be COGOP.

2 - I don't know about the COG at Soddy Daisy (is that anywhere near Greenpond?), but this brother may be the right pastor for it, where as you and I, well more you then me cause I'm COGOP and would not be allowed to pastor it, would not even consider going there to pastor. We all can't be OTCP, but God has a place for everybody.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
4/12/16 4:05 pm

Post Re: Maybe, maybe not Old Time Country Preacher
Mat wrote:
I was thinking the same thing about you OTCP. In your heart you want to be COGOP.

I literally laughed aloud (sorry, I meant out loud) on this un, Mat.

Not that I think its real real real bad to be COGOP, its just better to be COG. The COGOP wouldn't have the ole timer, Mat. Son, after I got finished takin at COGOP flag off the platform a the church, admonishin em fer ever thinkin Jesus was gonna return to Fields a the Wood, assurin em that Homer was never King a the World, an all kinds a other stuff, hey, they'd send the ole timer straight back to Pikeville. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
4/12/16 5:03 pm

Post Re: Maybe, maybe not Mat
Mat wrote:
I was thinking the same thing about you OTCP. In your heart you want to be COGOP.

I literally laughed aloud (sorry, I meant out loud) on this un, Mat.

Not that I think its real real real bad to be COGOP, its just better to be COG. The COGOP wouldn't have the ole timer, Mat. Son, after I got finished takin at COGOP flag off the platform a the church, admonishin em fer ever thinkin Jesus was gonna return to Fields a the Wood, assurin em that Homer was never King a the World, an all kinds a other stuff, hey, they'd send the ole timer straight back to Pikeville. Wink

OTCP,
Let me help you OTCP, nowadays its up to the local church if they want the church flag displayed. I would rather have the COGOP flag than that flag of surrender called the Christian Flag. Do you have one of those on you stage? You know churches that call speaking in tongues of the Devil or who allow same-sex marriage use that "surrender" flag! I hope you're not "wrapping" yourself up with those people.

Son, don't you know that Jesus is coming for everybody everywhere! So I guess that Jesus will get them that are at Fields of the Wood as well. Now, if you mean, where is Jesus is going to set his foot down on earth when he comes, the Bible is clear on that, and it an't North Carolina, and God forbid, He's not going anywhere near Cleveland, TN, either. (Really, where did you read that the COGOP ever taught such a thing? Unless someone was out for no good.)

As to Homer, I have tried to tell you that Homer left the COGOP after they did not choose him as the next GO (1943). His "King of the World" phase came several years after he left (early 1960s?). It would be like me saying Earl Paulk represents the values of the COG. Unless of course he does, then you stay away form me and the COGOP OTCP. I don't want you near my wife.

How its well documented that you have a "Homer-fixation", so I want to to travel over to Scottsville, KY and attend East Willow Street Church of God. That's one of Homer's churches and I know you love all things Homer. That can't be too far from Pikeville. By the why, which Church of God do you pastor in Pikeville?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
4/12/16 6:11 pm

Post Re: Maybe, maybe not Old Time Country Preacher
Mat wrote:
OTCP,
Let me help you OTCP, nowadays its up to the local church if they want the church flag displayed. I would rather have the COGOP flag than that flag of surrender called the Christian Flag. Do you have one of those on you stage? No, Mat, I have neither a Christian flag or a American flag in the church sanctuary. We bring them in for special services (e.g., Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July 4, etc.), but they are then taken out.

You know churches that call speaking in tongues of the Devil or who allow same-sex marriage use that "surrender" flag! I hope you're not "wrapping" yourself up with those people. No sir ree bobby.

Son, don't you know that Jesus is coming for everybody everywhere! So I guess that Jesus will get them that are at Fields of the Wood as well. Now, if you mean, where is Jesus is going to set his foot down on earth when he comes, the Bible is clear on that, and it an't North Carolina, and God forbid, He's not going anywhere near Cleveland, TN, either. (Really, where did you read that the COGOP ever taught such a thing? Unless someone was out for no good.)Some a the early COGOP believed/taught this.

As to Homer, I have tried to tell you that Homer left the COGOP after they did not choose him as the next GO (1943). His "King of the World" phase came several years after he left (early 1960s?).
I know

It would be like me saying Earl Paulk represents the values of the COG. Unless of course he does, then you stay away form me and the COGOP OTCP. I don't want you near my wife. Believe the ole timer, Mat, and read my lips (or in this case, what I just typed), from within the COG, you won't find a more stringent polemic regarding Paulk than from the old timer.

How its well documented that you have a "Homer-fixation", so I want to to travel over to Scottsville, KY and attend East Willow Street Church of God. That's one of Homer's churches and I know you love all things Homer. That can't be too far from Pikeville. By the why, which Church of God do you pastor in Pikeville? It's called the Parody Church of God. Our mission statement reads, "A Parody of Paradigmatic Proportion."

Mat
Acts-pert Poster
4/13/16 12:25 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Old Timer.

Not sure why you are the one guy fixated on this guy.

So much of your stuff nowadays is just a rehash of things posted years ago. Sad that you can't come up with any fresh stuff.

Let it go.
4/13/16 6:36 am

Post georgiapath
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Old Timer.

So much of your stuff nowadays is just a rehash of things posted years ago. Sad that you can't come up with any fresh stuff.

Let it go.

Amen, it is quite childish.
Acts-dicted
4/13/16 7:07 am

georgiapath wrote:
Old Timer.

Let it go.

Cause it's like watchin reruns of the Andy Griffith show. Ole Barney Fife never gets old.
Acts-pert Poster
4/13/16 7:57 am

Post Eddie Robbins
But, how many times do we watch the "Pootin' Preacher?" It's funny every time. Some of us never grow up!! Acts-pert Poster
4/13/16 8:15 am

Post Mat
georgiapath wrote:
Old Timer.

Let it go.

Cause it's like watchin reruns of the Andy Griffith show. Ole Barney Fife never gets old.

Barney is funny and he never seems to learn, but then Barney was played by an actor in a situation comedy. My wife likes "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" ("that a boy Luther!"), but Don Knotts has given us much to laugh about in his characters.

This COG Pastor who is in constant "re-runs" is a real person. I have no doubt he was giving his best for God and the Great Church of God.

I see a difference between Barney and this Pastor. Maybe its just me, but even though I'm not part of the same denomination, I feel bad for him.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
4/13/16 9:09 am

Post bonnie knox
I'm starting to get lost amongst the analogies. Is Barney being likened to Homer Tomlinson, the Soddy Daisy guy, or Ole Timer?
And who is fixated on whom?
And is Dillards the department store or the family of musicians who played the Darlings on The Andy Griffith Show?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/13/16 10:21 am

Mat wrote:
Don Knotts has given us much to laugh about in his characters.

So have a lot a preachers, Mat, cause some a them is quite the character.
Acts-pert Poster
4/13/16 12:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic