Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Okay, I guess I am officially a protester.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Okay, I guess I am officially a protester. Cojak
There is another thread active about HB2 in North Carolina. Law concerning toilet use, and other rights. I decided to PROTEST the PROTESTER!

You can watch for Paypal to fold and declare bankruptcy. After many years of using Paypal I closed my account. I did inform them it was due to their REASON for the decision not to build and establish offices in Charlotte, NC.

I am smart enough to know they really do not care since my usage is only about $15,000 a year. I buy my tires, and RV parts thru PP, or I did.

I know I do business with many companies with morals different than mine, but this time a company tried to hold my home state and near city hostage. i did not like it.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/9/16 1:09 pm

Post I'm with you... Mike Cowart
Closed my personal one and on Monday will close ALL Life Church accounts. Many other avenues we can use other than Paypal...

If all churches, members, ministers, etc... follow suit, we will make a large enough statement to get their attention.

I loved Franklin Graham's post on it.... https://www.facebook.com/FranklinGraham/posts/1133090086747171?fref=nf&pnref=story
4/9/16 1:15 pm

Post Re: I'm with you... Cojak
Mike Cowart wrote:
Closed my personal one and on Monday will close ALL Life Church accounts. Many other avenues we can use other than Paypal...

If all churches, members, ministers, etc... follow suit, we will make a large enough statement to get their attention.

I loved Franklin Graham's post on it.... https://www.facebook.com/FranklinGraham/posts/1133090086747171?fref=nf&pnref=story

That is a good response from FG. Good for him. I threw it on my news feed. Thanks.
4/9/16 1:39 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I cancelled mine because of their hypocrisy. They do business in countries in which homosexuals are killed just for being a homosexual. Acts-pert Poster
4/9/16 2:01 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
I don't have a paypal account as I don't order very much on line and use my credit card when I do, BUT, if I had one, I would do exactly what most of you have done. I will encourage people I know to close their account and IF we all do it, it will make a difference. Money talks other than just saying by by. Friendly Face
4/9/16 2:07 pm

Post Re: Okay, I guess I am officially a protester. Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
I decided to PROTEST!

I nominate Cojak as CEO and Spokesperson for the new organization ALM....Actscelerate Lives Matter. Love ya, bruh.
Acts-pert Poster
4/9/16 3:40 pm

Post Re: Okay, I guess I am officially a protester. Cojak
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Cojak wrote:
I decided to PROTEST!

I nominate Cojak as CEO and Spokesperson for the new organization ALM....Actscelerate Lives Matter. Love ya, bruh.
Embarassed Embarassed Cool
4/9/16 7:18 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Closed mine and told them why. Acts Enthusiast
4/9/16 10:39 pm

Post diakoneo
I understand all of your angst. I too, am not a PayPal fan, but I have an eBay business that supplements my income. If I ditched PayPal, I would lose all or most of that business, due to eBay requirements of PayPal payments of purchases.

Amazon is not an option for me.

There are consequences to living and working in this World system.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/10/16 7:32 am

Post Cojak
diakoneo wrote:
I understand all of your angst. I too, am not a PayPal fan, but I have an eBay business that supplements my income. If I ditched PayPal, I would lose all or most of that business, due to eBay requirements of PayPal payments of purchases.

I have learned over the years to TRY and not judge other's decisions. WE do what we can or cannot do. In my case all I have to do is find a replacement. or just use the credit card. It is very simple for me, and this is the first time I felt I could make a 'statement' about something that upset me. Good luck in the business. Cool
4/10/16 10:42 am

Post diakoneo
Cojak wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

I have learned over the years to TRY and not judge other's decisions. WE do what we can or cannot do. In my case all I have to do is find a replacement. or just use the credit card. It is very simple for me, and this is the first time I felt I could make a 'statement' about something that upset me. Good luck in the business. Cool

Yeah, I understand what you are saying.

I have thought this out before and realized there are Christian folks that work at all or most of these places we want to boycott. Some of these Christian folks could be affected and it is not their fault they have knuckleheads for bosses. Smile
4/10/16 2:58 pm

Post Link
How about boycotting the NFL for pressuring the Georgia governor not to sign a bill to protect ministers, judges, and business owners from acting against their religious beliefs when it comes to gay marriage?
4/11/16 8:01 am

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
How about boycotting the NFL for pressuring the Georgia governor not to sign a bill to protect ministers, judges, and business owners from acting against their religious beliefs when it comes to gay marriage?

I already do that. I don't watch them on TV and the last NFL game I attended was in Miami and O.J. Simpson was a HERO and running back. You can figure how far back that was. I am sure at the time NO ONE advertised nor publicly asked for a Gay Marriage.

But to the post, If I was in Georgia I would probably not vote for the Governor. I certainly would have denounced my membership in the NFL (If I had a membership, LOL what ever that would be!) Cool

And an outsider's view: I do hope it plays apart in his re-election campaign if he runs again. Smile
4/11/16 9:56 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
diakoneo wrote:
Cojak wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

I have thought this out before and realized there are Christian folks that work at all or most of these places we want to boycott. Some of these Christian folks could be affected and it is not their fault they have knuckleheads for bosses. Smile

Understood - but boycotts do work - the big companies are showing us that they work - by boycotting a state every time they make a decision they don't like.

Very sorry some Christians will be hurt. But, I suspect an alternate system will pop up if EBay sees their business gets hurt as a result.
4/11/16 10:26 am

Post Cojak
I haven't picked an alternative as yet, any suggestions? Cool
4/11/16 11:34 am

Post diakoneo
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
diakoneo wrote:
Cojak wrote:
diakoneo wrote:

Understood - but boycotts do work - the big companies are showing us that they work - by boycotting a state every time they make a decision they don't like.

Very sorry some Christians will be hurt. But, I suspect an alternate system will pop up if EBay sees their business gets hurt as a result.

There are some alternatives out there and eBay is a pain about a lot of things. They have a worldwide presence though. I can list many things that will be sold all over the world. I don't ship worldwide, though, I ship to a place in Kentucky and they handle all of the paperwork to get it to other countries.
4/11/16 5:00 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
My take on boycotts is that as individuals, we make choices. We can "boycott" a restaurant that has given us bad service. I don't agree with organized boycotts by Christian groups, depending on what it is. It may be effective as far as a company changing their policies but, in the long run, it could hurt the perception that Christians teach loving their neighbor. So, no boycotts that make Christians as a group looks jerks.

I did leave PayPal as an individual but would oppose any organized Christian boycott.
Acts-pert Poster
4/11/16 5:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic