Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

prophet attacks lion to prove Gods power and is nearly killed (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post prophet attacks lion to prove Gods power and is nearly killed (L) Old Time Country Preacher
http://thesoutherndaily.co.za/index.php/2016/03/07/prophet-attacks-lion-to-prove-gods-power-nearly-killed-saved-by-game-rangers/ Acts-pert Poster
4/8/16 12:45 pm

Post diakoneo
Laughing Laughing Laughing

A almost lost 'is bum, a did!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/8/16 12:52 pm

Post c6thplayer1
that is where his interpretation of tongues was needed badly and quickly. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/8/16 1:19 pm

Post bonnie knox
It sort of reminds me of the story in the Bible where the lion slew the prophet but left the donkey intact. Except in this case, the prophet lived but his bum was not intact.
1 Kings 13:28-29
28 And he went and found his carcase cast in the way, and the ass and the lion standing by the carcase: the lion had not eaten the carcase, nor torn the ass.

29 And the prophet took up the carcase of the man of God, and laid it upon the ass, and brought it back: and the old prophet came to the city, to mourn and to bury him.

I guess I'd like to ask those who take the Bible literally where this guy went wrong. Did God give man dominion over the animals or not?

But I'm still more impressed with this guy who was willing to risk his bum than with someone who just rebukes a hurricane that is 150 miles away.
Of course that's assuming the story is true. There are some weird stories in that publication.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/8/16 4:24 pm

Post c6thplayer1
bonnie knox wrote:

I guess I'd like to ask those who take the Bible literally where this guy went wrong. Did God give man dominion over the animals or not?

He listened to a lie...

Quote:
18 The old prophet answered, “I too am a prophet, as you are. And an angel said to me by the word of the Lord: ‘Bring him back with you to your house so that he may eat bread and drink water.’” (But he was lying to him.) 19 So the man of God returned with him and ate and drank in his house.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/8/16 4:44 pm

Post bonnie knox
I mean the guy in South Africa (whose bum was torn by the she lions).
I guess I'm thinking of certain posters who will take a certain verse and demand to know if we are all in agreement with the literal interpretation of that verse before proceeding with a discussion.
So how would someone like that respond to this guy in South Africa who believed the verse that says God gave dominion to man over the animals?

c6thplayer1 wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:

He listened to a lie...

Quote:
18 The old prophet answered, “I too am a prophet, as you are. And an angel said to me by the word of the Lord: ‘Bring him back with you to your house so that he may eat bread and drink water.’” (But he was lying to him.) 19 So the man of God returned with him and ate and drank in his house.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/8/16 4:49 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
The lion was quite obviously out of order scripturally. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/8/16 5:23 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
I guess I'm thinking of certain posters who will take a certain verse and demand to know if we are all in agreement with the literal interpretation of that verse before proceeding with a discussion.

Now Miss Bonnie, who does this kinda thing?
Acts-pert Poster
4/8/16 7:31 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
The lion was quite obviously out of order scripturally.

Wyatt, son, em lions was like a lotta Christian gals, they was not submissive. Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
4/8/16 7:33 pm

Post Butt, I'm confused! Mark Ledbetter
Did he loose his right butt?

Quote:
So severe was the lion paw injury that Alec had to be rushed to hospital for emergency surgery. The man was fearing he would lose his bum but the doctor�s assured him he would still have his left bum intact.

If so, the prophet will be the butt of a lot of jokes!

Butt, what do I know about it?
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
4/8/16 7:44 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Did he loose his right butt?

I don't know how loose his right butt was, but I expect he, like ole Belshazzar, had some loosening going on:

"...and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another."
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/8/16 9:01 pm

Post c6thplayer1
bonnie knox wrote:
I mean the guy in South Africa (whose bum was torn by the she lions).
So how would someone like that respond to this guy in South Africa who believed the verse that says God gave dominion to man over the animals?

c6thplayer1 wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:

He listened to a lie...

Quote:
[quote].

I was speaking in jest when I said he needed a tongues interpreter but there may be more to that than we realize....

Quote:
.It is believed the prophet went into a trance and started to speak in tongues.
4/8/16 9:26 pm

Post I really hate it. Mark Ledbetter
To think my post lost relevance over something so petty as loose and lose.

This is the 21st-century after all!
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
4/8/16 10:05 pm

Post Re: I really hate it. bonnie knox
Never fear, your post is relevant and your question is valid.
In answer to your question, no, his right bum was not left behind.

Mark Ledbetter wrote:
To think my post lost relevance over something so petty as loose and lose.

This is the 21st-century after all!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/8/16 10:26 pm

Post OTCP Aaron Scott
Don't you just love it when some Christian, trying to demonstrate faith, even if very ignorantly, almost gets killed in the process? I mean, at least an amputation or something, right?

Ha! Think of how hilarious it would have been if, when little David was bounding toward Goliath, perhaps with a psalm on his lips--CCCSCHWISK!!! Goliath's massive spear had riven David to the ground. Man, what a story for church, eh?

OTCP, I love you, bro...but you need to examine why you feel such pleasure at the failures, deaths, and embarrassments of people who are no doubt fellow believers, even if they are not quite so wise as you, etc.

Please? You are my brother...and I want us intact and in good fellowship when The Lord returns. At least consider these matters? Thank you.
4/8/16 10:36 pm

Post bonnie knox
Aaron, everything turned out okay in the end. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/8/16 10:45 pm

Post bonnie knox
Perhaps he learned a lesson--the article of clothing covering his bum was stamped with FTL, which he now realizes stands for Fruit of the Loom and not Feed the Lion. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/8/16 10:49 pm

Post Re: OTCP Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron Scott wrote:
Don't you just love it when some Christian, trying to demonstrate faith, even if very ignorantly, almost gets killed in the process? I mean, at least an amputation or something, right?

Ha! Think of how hilarious it would have been if, when little David was bounding toward Goliath, perhaps with a psalm on his lips--CCCSCHWISK!!! Goliath's massive spear had riven David to the ground. Man, what a story for church, eh?

OTCP, I love you, bro...but you need to examine why you feel such pleasure at the failures, deaths, and embarrassments of people who are no doubt fellow believers, even if they are not quite so wise as you, etc.

Please? You are my brother...and I want us intact and in good fellowship when The Lord returns. At least consider these matters? Thank you.

Aaron, I know we joust a good bit on Acts, but you are my brother in Christ and I love you. Let me respond to your post seriatim.

1. This so-called prophet was acting out of ignorance (perhaps sincere, but the Mormons/Jehovah Witnesses are sincere) and a misinterpretation of Scripture.

2. When David bounded toward Goliath it was in the power of the Spirit. Just as the Spirit had moved upon David to kill the lion and the bear, he was likewise directed by the Spirit to engage Goliath. No, an alternate story of David's failure of being pinned to the ground by Goliath's spear would not be a positive story for the church.

3. Aaron, you completely misunderstand OTCP if you think I get pleasure at the failures, deaths, and embarrassments of people. I grieve over some of the madness I hear/read about. Some are sincere brothers, some are not. My purpose in calling any of it out and publically addressing it is to warn/caution others not to follow the same path. Even in my engagement of WOF teaching, for example, I do not hate Kenneth Copeland. I hope he makes it to heaven. That said, I hate much of the doctrine/teaching he sets forth because I have seen first hand the negative effect it has on well intentioned people.

4. I too want our fellowship to be intact. Many blessings to you!
Acts-pert Poster
4/8/16 11:28 pm

Post OTCP... Aaron Scott
I hear you, my friend.

May I ask a favor then? And that is that you sound a bit more grieved instead of grinning about these things? To ME, you sound amused, almost with a smirk on your lips (at least that is what comes across to me from your postings) at these things.

Perhaps work on sounding a bit sadder, etc.?
Thank you, my brother in Christ. I will do my best to refrain from strong comments if you will make it just a bit easier for me. Fair enough?
4/9/16 6:31 pm

Post Re: OTCP... Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron Scott wrote:
I hear you, my friend.

May I ask a favor then? And that is that you sound a bit more grieved instead of grinning about these things? To ME, you sound amused, almost with a smirk on your lips (at least that is what comes across to me from your postings) at these things.

Perhaps work on sounding a bit sadder, etc.?
Thank you, my brother in Christ. I will do my best to refrain from strong comments if you will make it just a bit easier for me. Fair enough?

Aaron, I cannot commit to refraining from all jest, such is the nature of parody. That said, I do hope you understand that the parody of OTCP is not, nor has it ever been, designed to demean/belittle genuine Classical Pentecostalism. I am 4th Gen Pentecostal and 3rd Gen COG. I firmly believe in and preach Pentecostalism. The parody is directed ONLY at the charlatans, the lucre lovers, and those who bring shame to the purity of Pentecost. I have the greatest respect for biblical Pentecostalism.
Acts-pert Poster
4/9/16 9:54 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic