Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Jesus' Seamless Robe Proof that He was RICH? Ludicrous!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post DrDuck
bonnie knox wrote:
I don't think of Acts posters as goats, unless, of course, you are using that as slang for Greatest Of All Time! Smile Wink Wink

No. I use it in reference to being hard headed and unwilling or unable to grasp certain basic principle truths. Closed minded to innately, inherently inerrant facts and realities. That is the essence of eisegesis.

Can you honestly deny that this does not exist on Actscelerate?
Acts-celerater
3/22/16 9:59 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
DrDuck wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
I don't think of Acts posters as goats, unless, of course, you are using that as slang for Greatest Of All Time! Smile Wink Wink

No. I use it in reference to being hard headed and unwilling or unable to grasp certain basic principle truths. Closed minded to innately, inherently inerrant facts and realities. That is the essence of eisegesis.

Dr Duck is 100% correct in his above assessment.
Acts-pert Poster
3/22/16 10:04 am

Post Brush off.. renewal
Well..I see that some folks when faced with a research project just make some kind of comment to brush it off.

For Jesus to have his cloths parted and his robe valued you must know the type of dress a Rabbi wore in those days...Reason is clear,it is important.

The word tells us over and over about such things. Types, numbers, locations among others is a vital part of the Word. Knowing about them gives insight of the whys of the word.

Why was that robe was even cited and the cloths parted? Why are they important? Why did they even want them at all? Do you know?

If not, do the research about the culture of the day, it will inform you with wonderful insight to how things worked in his time..

Enjoy your search..By the way the brush off comes because you really have to dig to get the answers..Just not use the top of the list to find out..
Acts Enthusiast
3/22/16 11:01 am

Post bonnie knox
A goat and sheep reference reminds me of

Matthew 25:32-34

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

I just wanted to make sure you weren't saying your fellow posters weren't part of the kingdom.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/16 11:37 am

Post bonnie knox
DrDuck wrote:

If I deny that it does not exist does that mean I acknowledge that it does exist?
Just want to make sure I know what I'm answering before I say yes or no. Razz
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/16 11:40 am

Post DrDuck
bonnie knox wrote:
DrDuck wrote:

If I deny that it does not exist does that mean I acknowledge that it does exist?
Just want to make sure I know what I'm answering before I say yes or no. Razz

Ok, so I typed a bit too fast. I usually try to read a bit more closely what I say; but you caught me in a misspoken effort. Congratulations. See if this works.

Can you honestly deny the obvious facts and thus make the false claim that this does not exist on Actcelerate?
Acts-celerater
3/22/16 12:09 pm

Post bonnie knox
Well, actually, I had no intention of either denying or affirming the existence on Acts posts which justify the posters of such to be identified as goats. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/16 12:28 pm

Post Re: Brush off.. bonnie knox
Why would it be necessary to do hard-to-find research to know if Jesus was wealthy? He stripped himself of more glory than we could imagine to come and live meek and lowly among us. The people who are pushing the idea that Jesus was wealthy in order to justify a life of laying up treasures upon earth ought to be called out for it. I think Ole Timer's word is fitting--ludicrous.

renewal wrote:
Well..I see that some folks when faced with a research project just make some kind of comment to brush it off.

For Jesus to have his cloths parted and his robe valued you must know the type of dress a Rabbi wore in those days...Reason is clear,it is important.

The word tells us over and over about such things. Types, numbers, locations among others is a vital part of the Word. Knowing about them gives insight of the whys of the word.

Why was that robe was even cited and the cloths parted? Why are they important? Why did they even want them at all? Do you know?

If not, do the research about the culture of the day, it will inform you with wonderful insight to how things worked in his time..

Enjoy your search..By the way the brush off comes because you really have to dig to get the answers..Just not use the top of the list to find out..
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/16 12:46 pm

Post DrDuck
bonnie knox wrote:
Well, actually, I had no intention of either denying or affirming the existence on Acts posts which justify the posters of such to be identified as goats.

And I did not expect that you would.

But I am not quite sure why you are strongly impacted and so severely irritated by this simple analogy. You must have some kind strange phobic notion about goats or the nature of goats. While goat is a four letter word I don't think it falls into the same category as common curse words. I used it simply be cause goats are creatures known for using their hard heads to bang against, in many cases, immovable objects or lost causes.

And not any of this has anything whatsoever to do with the soldiers gambling for Jesus' robe. So with this I drop the conversation.
Acts-celerater
3/22/16 12:48 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
But I am not quite sure why you are strongly impacted and so severely irritated by this simple analogy. You must have some kind strange phobic notion about goats or the nature of goats. While goat is a four letter word I don't think it falls into the same category as common curse words. I used it simply be cause goats are creatures know for using their hard heads to bang against, in many cases, immovable objects or lost causes.

I'm amused and shocked but not irritated.
I generally think of a mule or jackass as the embodiment of foolish stubbornness, but I do try to refrain from calling my fellow Acts posters that.
Cool
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/16 12:56 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
And not any of this has anything whatsoever to do with the soldiers gambling for Jesus' robe. So with this I drop the conversation.

I actually enjoy rabbit trails. Cool
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/16 1:01 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
And I did not expect that you would.

I didn't want to feel like a pigeon.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/16 1:04 pm

Post Does not.. renewal
Another brush off...Amazing indeed, maybe not..

I have Never stated that he was rich. Do you see that in any of my posts?

No, you do not..

What I am saying is this. Look at the whys. Why they wanted the robe? why was his clothes important? what did a Rabbi wear that they wanted them?
what part did they take? why take bloody clothes?

Remember it was just another day for them, yes we know what the word says about all of this, but why does it say it?

Why did they have so much value?

And recall the custom that a Rabbi must dress in expensive clothes as stated.

Jesus did...
Acts Enthusiast
3/22/16 1:19 pm

Post bonnie knox
Renewal, I did not say you said Jesus was rich. And I don't know if you've read my posts or not. I did say that someone could have gifted Jesus with an expensive robe.
But you seem to be still asking some questions which I've already addressed as well as still speculating on some things which are just speculation. I don't know at what point Christ's clothes were removed nor how bloody they were nor if the soldiers had servants who would wash bloody garments in cold salt water to easily remove blood stains, nor if the soldiers' nephews sold the cheap garments at the flea market or whatever.
I do know the word says the garments were divided into 4 lots. You seem to be contending that the soldiers would NOT have divided up cheap clothes, but I don't know that you've provided any source for your assertion.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/16 1:27 pm

Post Re: Brush off.. Old Time Country Preacher
renewal wrote:

I know some a the crowd called Jesus Rabbi, but did the Sanhedrin recognize Jesus as a Rabbi? Had he graduated from one a the two rabbinic schools?
Acts-pert Poster
3/22/16 1:35 pm

Post bonnie knox
in other words, from an accredited institution Mr. Green [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/16 1:36 pm

Post Gave renewal
Bonnie, I gave the source of what the Rabbis wore in those times..

And it was made fun of in a post, Not you...

And I have read all of your posts they are great..See, I can enjoy the chatter without it affecting me in a negative manner..

I think these exchanges are wonderful...

Hope you do also..
Acts Enthusiast
3/22/16 1:40 pm

Post He was.. renewal
For him to be able to teach in the Temple he had to be a Rabbi.. Acts Enthusiast
3/22/16 1:42 pm

Post And.. renewal
They never stated that he was not a Rabbi..Remember what Nicodemus called him in John 3:2 a Rabbi..

So he was...
Acts Enthusiast
3/22/16 1:46 pm

Post Re: Gave Old Time Country Preacher
renewal wrote:
Bonnie, I gave the source of what the Rabbis wore in those times..

And it was made fun of in a post, Not you...

And I have read all of your posts they are great..See, I can enjoy the chatter without it affecting me in a negative manner..

I think these exchanges are wonderful...

Hope you do also..

Renewal, I did not make fun of your post regarding the regalia of the Rabbi.
Acts-pert Poster
3/22/16 2:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.