Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Went to Harvest America 2016, Greg Laurie at AT&T Stadium, Dallas (P)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Went to Harvest America 2016, Greg Laurie at AT&T Stadium, Dallas (P) UncleJD
First, this reminded me of the Billy Graham crusades of the 70s, the same format, large stadium, well known singers (Switchfoot, MercyMe, Lecrae and Chris Tomlin). Then a very simple and powerful message of salvation. No promise of riches and health, just the gospel. There were 100,000 people at the venue. The field was left empty for the alter call, and was filled with people coming to Christ (probably 10,000 came forward). An amazing night of worship and witness for Christ. My daughter volunteered to be a counselor but unfortunately we got there too late and the Bibles and t-shirts for the volunteers had already been distributed (we were only 1 hour early). So that's a great problem to have! We'll have to get there 2 hours early the next time. Here's a pic I took of the crowd worshiping Jesus! A wonderful time!

Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/6/16 11:21 pm

Post Re: Went to Harvest America 2016, Greg Laurie at AT&T Stadium, Dallas Old Time Country Preacher
UncleJD wrote:
No promise of riches and health, just the gospel.

Sounds like you was in the right place, JD.
Acts-pert Poster
3/7/16 1:11 am

Post Link
I like Greg Laurie and his preaching. I think he should be careful with the approach of 'repeat this prayer and you are saved'.
3/12/16 12:32 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic