Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Would Cruz have won had Trump not run?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Would Cruz have won had Trump not run? Resident Skeptic
A caller on Rush today answered that question quite well. He echoed something I've though all along....

CALLER: They think that we're too ignorant, that we're not informed. You know what, Mr. Rush? I am very well informed, and, yes, I am a conservative. But the reason that conservatives aren't getting anywhere with me is if it wasn't for Donald Trump, they wouldn't even be able to get past the media.

RUSH: Interesting. You are a conservative. In a normal... If Trump were not in this, would you be supporting Ted Cruz?

CALLER: Absolutely, and I do support Ted Cruz. I just don't think he's capable of getting past the media. If it wasn't for Donald Trump, Ted Cruz would be under severe attack right now and practically be on his way out.
3/1/16 8:38 pm

Post Re: Would Cruz have won had Trump not run? c6thplayer1
Resident Skeptic wrote:
A caller on Rush today answered that question quite well. He echoed something I've though all along....

CALLER: They think that we're too ignorant, that we're not informed. You know what, Mr. Rush? I am very well informed, and, yes, I am a conservative. But the reason that conservatives aren't getting anywhere with me is if it wasn't for Donald Trump, they wouldn't even be able to get past the media.

RUSH: Interesting. You are a conservative. In a normal... If Trump were not in this, would you be supporting Ted Cruz?

CALLER: Absolutely, and I do support Ted Cruz. I just don't think he's capable of getting past the media. If it wasn't for Donald Trump, Ted Cruz would be under severe attack right now and practically be on his way out.

Unfortunately thats true of all the rep candidates. Nothing would have changed except the name on the salary check.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/1/16 9:15 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Cruz is not liked very well in DC & if he were elected he might be a sitting duck his whole term.

Either democrat, if elected, will blow away the GOP majority because they don't have staying power to stand by their principles in either house or senate.

Trump isn't liked because he's an outsider & his tenacity will require a lot more work to be done by the house/senate OR more accountability from all positions in Washington, including SOTH Paul Ryan.

This is a weird election to say the least ...but hey, we're in the last days & it's supposed to be strange right now.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/1/16 9:26 pm

Post Cojak
I like Cruz, but he is trying to mix the Trump attitude with a politicians mind. Trump can come back at some one with a nasty remark and still for some unknown trait, he does well.

Cruz cannot do that without looking hateful, or if he smiles he looks like a politician as a snake oil salesman. He lacks that personality trait that causes folks like him first, and then his views.

Oh well, if Rubio does drop out Cruz will get most of his followers I think. BUT I SURE DON'T KNOW. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/1/16 10:16 pm

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:
I like Cruz, but he is trying to mix the Trump attitude with a politicians mind. Trump can come back at some one with a nasty remark and still for some unknown trait, he does well.

Cruz cannot do that without looking hateful, or if he smiles he looks like a politician as a snake oil salesman. He lacks that personality trait that causes folks like him first, and then his views.

Oh well, if Rubio does drop out Cruz will get most of his followers I think. BUT I SURE DON'T KNOW. Embarassed

Most analysts say that if Cruz dropped out, 75% of his support would swing to Trump and not help Rubio at all. If Rubio drops, then the majority of his would swing to Cruz. Rubio and Carson must drop out to defeat Trump, its the only possibility.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/1/16 11:44 pm

Post georgiapath
Cruz nor Rubio can beat Hillary, Trump is the only one that has a chance. Acts-dicted
3/2/16 9:11 am

Post bonnie knox
georgiapath wrote:
Cruz nor Rubio can beat Hillary, Trump is the only one that has a chance.

That's not what the polls are saying.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/2/16 10:03 am

Post Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
Cruz nor Rubio can beat Hillary, Trump is the only one that has a chance.

That's not what the polls are saying.

Currently that is true, because of the GOP moral purists who have practically declared Trump to be the anti-Christ. Talk about demonizing someone.
3/2/16 12:20 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
RS, you ain't no Rush fan are ya? Acts-pert Poster
3/2/16 1:02 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
RS, you ain't no Rush fan are ya?

Rush is good at wading through the noise and emotion and seeing reality.
He is not "pro-Trump", however. He is IMO fairer to Trump than many others.

Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, Neal Boortz.....becoming irrational in their anti-Trump rhetoric.

Michael Savage...a Trumpbot.

Herman Cain....like Rush is fair and balanced towards Trump.
3/2/16 1:10 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Rush likes Cruz' positions the best - if you listen closely.
Rush is clearly anti-establishment this cycle.
He is no fan of Rubio - I am sure of that.
3/2/16 4:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic