Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

General Assembly Schedule

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post General Assembly Schedule Azuza 100
I noticed that there are several people (Tony Evans, Ed Stetzer, Jimmy Evans and Larry Stockstill) on the GA schedule who have been given an hour of time to discuss pertinent topics. While I like the focus to those areas I do not believe that I am a fan of giving up these multiplied hours of General Council time for this. We've shortened the General Council and now are going to give 4 hours of that time to lectures from folks who do not hold COG credentials. Great to bring them in, but my opinion is give them time outside of the General Council for their presentations. What say you? Member
3/1/16 3:56 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
I hear you.

From my perspective, I appreciate whomever is making this decision for investing in me and in the other ministers of the COG.

We all need training that is practical and useful. I love being inspired but have often left our conferences feeling like after the inspiration begins to fade, what did I learn? What can I use in life and in service to Jesus? Truthfully, I've left feeling as if I had wasted valuable time away from my wife, children and community.

Bringing these guests in is a gift to me and to the other COG ministers.

Now, as an OB, I feel that we need to use our GC time wisely. We need to be focused and ready. Whether we have 2 hours, 10 hours, 20 hours or whatever, we need to use it well.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
3/1/16 4:27 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Brandon Bohannon wrote:

Now, as an OB, I feel that we need to use our GC time wisely.

Don't most OB's use their time wisely? As soon as the Executive Committee and Council of 18 is elected, the vote count goes down by 30-40%. At means they is some OB's takin vacation. Shocked
Acts-pert Poster
3/1/16 8:25 pm

Post Re: General Assembly Schedule skinnybishop
Azuza 100 wrote:
I noticed that there are several people (Tony Evans, Ed Stetzer, Jimmy Evans and Larry Stockstill) on the GA schedule who have been given an hour of time to discuss pertinent topics. While I like the focus to those areas I do not believe that I am a fan of giving up these multiplied hours of General Council time for this. We've shortened the General Council and now are going to give 4 hours of that time to lectures from folks who do not hold COG credentials. Great to bring them in, but my opinion is give them time outside of the General Council for their presentations. What say you?

Where did you see the General Assembly schedule? I missed it. My initial thought is, "Hear from them? Sure! During General Council? No."

Reminds me on San Antonio in 2008, when we had the lengthy church planting video and report. I specifically remember someone asking, "Can we do this later?" but the PB said no. I was one of the hundreds that walked out that day, as we realized no business would be conducted during that session.
3/2/16 8:29 am

Post ga16.org schedule Billy Humphrey
I look forward to trying this new format and schedule. The last couple GA's have been filled with mostly "wordsmithing" the minutes...UGH! This will give General Council time to discuss more pressing things... I hope.

And if necessary, I'll be ready to motion on previous question on all business before the house... LOL!
Friendly Face
3/2/16 9:47 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic