Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Consider the wisdom of David Ravenhill (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Consider the wisdom of David Ravenhill (L) Eddie Robbins
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/55508-david-ravenhill-donald-trump-is-a-deceiver Acts-pert Poster
3/1/16 9:26 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Where's his post on Hillary?
3/1/16 10:37 am

Post revuriah
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Does Hillary have such a large contingent of Christians singing her praises?

This is a great read, right up there with Max Lucado's Decency article. I just don't get the appeal.

A lot of believers are going to be sorry about their blind support of this man.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/1/16 6:21 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
revuriah wrote:

This is a great read, right up there with Max Lucado's Decency article. I just don't get the appeal.

The support is not blind. That is where you miss it. Those who support Trump can articulate very well, and in great detail why they support him.
3/1/16 7:25 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Comments from a readers of the article you linked......

Quote:

Why is it that we as Christians do not hold our Christian leaders to the same standards as we hold politicians? We seem to have no problem tolerating multiple divorces/affairs/fleecing of the sheep/false prophecies/rock star lifestyles/fornication among our very own. When our "Christian" celebrities/leaders/musicians/TV hosts behave this way we not only look the other way, we flock to buy their books, purchase their music and watch them on TV and place ourselves at their feet for leadership. Perhaps the Church should start cleaning its own house and demanding Godly living in the Church first and then the nation will change. Do I mean to say that every Christian leader falls into this category? Thank God no... but far to many do and far too many of us don't seem to have a problem with it.

Quote:
Pastor Ravenhill, I have great respect for you...could I ask a few questions, in light of your comments? First, if I apply the tests you speak of to leaders in the Bible, would they pass? Would Moses pass the test, as a murderer? Would David pass the test, as an adulterer, with multiple wives? Would Cyrus pass the test, whom the angel told Daniel he had strengthened, so that it led to Cyrus leading the rebuilding of the temple? In the case of Moses and David, they did repent and change their ways...is it possible that we're intersecting a point in time in Mr. Trump's life where he's at where he's at, on the road to being a believer, and further down the road, he will become one? He's demonstrated an openness to listening to Christian leaders. I'm up in the air on my vote, but I believe his heart is open to listen to Christian leaders, if they do not shun and mock him and throw him under the proverbial bus. He will close his heart, I believe, if that happens. I believe the ball is in our court with this man, to a degree. Ultimately, he is responsible before God. Blessings be upon you!

Quote:

I am stunned at how easily Christian leaders, imho, are deceived into falling for candidates who pass the "Sniff test" of knowing certain tenants of the faith, including the ability to quote some Scripture. Isn't satan well versed in the Word as well in order to deceive?
Let me ask a question- since "Christian leaders" have gotten involved in politics in the late 1970s have things gotten any better for the people? Was the Carter presidency good for Americans, the world at large? It's time to stop being deceived by the window dressing of those who are superficially Christian and give mostly lip service to the Kingdom.
Cruz is as much, and I submit, imho, a MORE deceptive person that Trump. He has lied and openly so in the campaign, not once, but multiple times. Let's be honest, trying to find an honest pol is like looking for a hooker with a pure heart.
When a system is SOO corrupt as we have today it must be given a wholesale cleansing from top to bottom. Financially we are on a path to ruin in America. The Baltic dry index is at the lowest point in its history. Whole sectors of the economy are in big trouble, and an inevitable tick up in interest rates is going to wreak havoc in the fed budget at some point. Not to mention our social fabric being rended from many sources, especially our leadership. Notice I haven't even mentioned our spiritual sins.
What if our Lord has heard our prayers and given us a man who will attempt to fix the rank, corrupt fed behemoth to once more serve the American people? Do we NOT want an outsider to do this? Is this not the reason many companies seek outside management in order to change negative corporate cultures? Aren't insiders usually too vested and influenced by insiders?
In the mind of many religious "Leaders" they don't seek to make the sheep think, but to follow. DARE to take it to God for yourself, ask him who to support. While you are praying seek forgiveness for your personal and our collective sins. God leads us, if we but seek Him. Christ is already our intermediary.

3/1/16 7:35 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
revuriah wrote:

Most African American Christian are Hillary supporters - in fact, a higher number of them support Hillary than white Christians support Trump.

But perhaps Black lives don't matter to Ravenhill.
3/1/16 8:03 pm

Post revuriah
revuriah wrote:

Most African American Christian are Hillary supporters - in fact, a higher number of them support Hillary than white Christians support Trump.

True. But that has been addressed many times. Here we have a crude, indecent man who is being happily supported because he, like Obama in 2008, has tapped into something that makes people feel "good", this time many in the GOP.

RS, I've yet to read or hear a Trumpite articulate his positions, probably because I've yet to here the man himself do so. Every time a Trumpite calls into Rush, it's not about what he's gonna do, but it's about the political climate we are in now, or it's a bashing of the other candidates.

I truly believe that Trump is pulling the wool over America's eyes.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/2/16 5:18 am

Post Resident Skeptic
revuriah wrote:
revuriah wrote:

True. But that has been addressed many times. Here we have a crude, indecent man who is being happily supported because he, like Obama in 2008, has tapped into something that makes people feel "good", this time many in the GOP.

RS, I've yet to read or hear a Trumpite articulate his positions, probably because I've yet to here the man himself do so. Every time a Trumpite calls into Rush, it's not about what he's gonna do, but it's about the political climate we are in now, or it's a bashing of the other candidates.

I truly believe that Trump is pulling the wool over America's eyes.

Quote:
CALLER: They think that we're too ignorant, that we're not informed. You know what, Mr. Rush? I am very well informed, and, yes, I am a conservative. But the reason that conservatives aren't getting anywhere with me is if it wasn't for Donald Trump, they wouldn't even be able to get past the media.

RUSH: Interesting. You are a conservative. In a normal... If Trump were not in this, would you be supporting Ted Cruz?

CALLER: Absolutely, and I do support Ted Cruz. I just don't think he's capable of getting past the media. If it wasn't for Donald Trump, Ted Cruz would be under severe attack right now and practically be on his way out.

Sadly, I think the caller is right. It is that simple. I do not believe Trump is trying to fool anyone. I just think it's him or Hillary.
3/2/16 7:09 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic