Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Nearly IMPOSSIBLE to do business in NY City without Mafia involvement

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Nearly IMPOSSIBLE to do business in NY City without Mafia involvement doyle
Ted Cruz is accusing Trump of "maybe" doing business with the Mafia. I lived in New York (Long Island) for four years and it is almost impossible to get things done without the Mafia being involved in some way.

Because of major corruption campaigns against the old Mafia by Rudy Gulliani when he was prosecuting attorney, the new Mafia went to what some call "legit." They bought up much of the construction industry, the laundries, restaurants, shipping industry, garbage pickup and on and on and on. Problem is, it's difficult to know if you are dealing with the Mafia or not.

Even though churches are not part of the Mafia, in New York, it would be difficult (especially in New York City), to build a church without the Mafia being involved in some way. In many cases, to get a permit, it would be necessary to deal with local officials who are on the Mafia payroll.

When Linda and I moved to Long Island, NY with the goal of trying to rescue a church that had plunged to 8 people because of most of the people going independent, when it came time for my birthday, without my knowing it, Linda went to the local bakery and asked if she could have a cake like they baked for area Mafia bosses.

The baker said, "OK lady. You got it." Wow!!! What a cake. It was massive AND incredibly good!!!

At times, some family members of the Mafia would come to church and possibly Mafia men would attend. It didn't happen every Sunday but there were times when I would ask a woman what her husband did for a living. She would answer, "I'm not sure" or "I can't tell you."

As our church grew rapidly, on Easter Sunday, we needed a much larger facility. I asked around and was told to go over to a local resort hotel. "Ask for Peter xyz" I was told. As you can see, I'm not using his last name. As I neared the hotel, there were numbers of very big black limos parked out front with serious looking men in dark suits guarding them. After being "patted down" and going through a brief interrogation, I was led into the hotel and shared with him about needing a larger facility for Easter.

He was as kind to me as was possible. He said that we could use a large area of the hotel at no cost, but said, "we will provide security." I was so grateful that I started to give him a brotherly hug. He stepped back and said, "No offense Pastor, but I don't hug people I don't know."

On Easter Sunday, Bill Wilson, The New York State Evangelism Director, was with us in service. Bill said he counted over 600 people at that Easter Sunday Service. The previous year, our church had 12. Possibly sometimes when you're around Bill, who now lives in Florida, ask him about that Easter Sunday.

Would it be possible to build skyscrapers and massive hotels in New York City without the Mafia being involved? Most definitely not. I doubt if you can build a one-bedroom house without the Mafia being involved at some level. So, did Trump do business with the Mafia? Everybody in that area who uses the building trades and or unions, does business with the Mafia -even if they don't know it. Trump is a savvy guy so he probably did know it but to build there, no other choices are available.

Do New Yorkers complain about it? Not if they are wise.

Doyle
2/29/16 9:46 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I guess that excuses mafia dealings. Acts-pert Poster
2/29/16 9:58 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Sometimes its better to miss a profitable idea than it is to turn a blind eye.

I have been offered music gigs with well known groups in our area but have declined due to their character and the places I would have to play. During those times I really could have used the money. But other opportunities came up so I really didnt lose anything.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/29/16 10:54 pm

Post UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I guess that excuses mafia dealings.

They are going to excuse everything that they know is wrong, hope their conscience somehow misses that hot-iron.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/1/16 10:16 am

Post c6thplayer1
UncleJD wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I guess that excuses mafia dealings.

They are going to excuse everything that they know is wrong, hope their conscience somehow misses that hot-iron.

The cloak of acceptance has many pockets of excuses you may use at will.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/1/16 11:11 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I guess Doyle is always right - so you can trash Trump for Mafia dealings now.

You negative nellies will latch on to any bad word regarding something you don't like.

You must have each grew up in a legalistic COG in the sixties for sure. Twisted Evil
3/1/16 11:12 am

Post Cojak
Thanks Doyle. I was close friends with one overseer in NY and kin to another. They knew exactly what you are saying and voiced it. it is no different than the smaller scale in NC in some cities, it is who you know, and family name (Not mafia just someone who has a job with the right name).

When someone is in authority, who controls permits/upgrades, you do business with them, or you ain't gonna do business. There is enough problems in small towns, if you ain't the right color or religion. I would hate to have to build in NYC.

I met Bill Wilson, while he was evangelism director, and also did his Children's church at Camp Meeting, he is a prince of a man.

Doyle is only stating facts here and he is sorta getting slandered for it. Some things you must be there, to understand. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/1/16 8:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic