Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

An alternate history to illustrate how some Christians......

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post An alternate history to illustrate how some Christians...... Resident Skeptic
......are acting like silly, delicate pansies in regards to Trump. What if the Jews had taken this approach?

Cyrus the Great......

Quote:
"I have decided it is time for the Jews to return to their homeland and rebuild the temple of God. They have been in captivity long enough. Their contributions to my kingdom have convinced me they deserve to have their freedom and religious practice restored. I will use every power I possess to assist them in making this a reality".

Now, what if the Jews had responded this way?.......

Quote:
"No thanks. We don't want your help. You are a pagan king with many questionable practices that violate our delicate sensibilities. We will wait for a more 'decent acting' king to come along and let him help us return to our land to rebuild our nation. We would rather remain in captivity than to form an alliance with someone so indecent".

Of course, if the Jews had reacted that way, we would say that they deserved to remain in captivity. But this is exactly how many Christians are acting towards Trump....

Trump....
Quote:
" I am a very imperfect candidate. I cuss and I do not hide my disgust for those I feel are contributing to the down fall of America. But if elected I will see to it that the attacks on Christians here and abroad will stop. Political correctness will no longer be tolerated. We will say 'Merry Christmas' again without fear in America. Yes, I being from New York am more liberal than many in the GOP on some issues. I even think planned parenthood does some good things. But if elected I will save this country from the illegal alien invasion. There will actually be an America to pass on to your kids. I will secure the border. I will also stop the Muslim invasion of America. I will negotiate trade deals that help America instead of lining the pockets of globalists. I will audit the Fed. I will shut down or extremely downsize many Federal agencies. I will prosecute those who have been wasting money in those agencies. Common core will be toast. Education will be local again. The military will be strengthened under my watch, but I will not commit Americans to endless wars. And if I'm elected, Hillary will go to jail."

Anti-Trump Evangelicals.....

Quote:
"No thanks. You're a meany-head and hurt people's feelings. We want someone who does not upset our delicate sensibilities on rudeness and decency. All of that is far more important than national longevity. Besides, we are not called to save America".

This sums up the rationale IMO of most of the anti-Trump Christians.
2/28/16 8:53 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic