Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

God just can't do it.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post God just can't do it. bradfreeman
GOD JUST CAN'T DO IT.

"For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying, "I WILL SURELY BLESS YOU AND I WILL SURELY MULTIPLY YOU." And so, having patiently waited, he obtained the promise. For men swear by one greater than themselves, and with them an oath given as confirmation is an end of every dispute.' Heb. 6:13-16

God swore 2 things to Abraham.
God wanted Abraham confident that these 2 things would surely happen:
1. I will bless you.
2. I will multiply you.

God swore them...and patience obtained both promises.

1. God BLESSED Abraham - He declared him righteous, called him friend, protected and abundantly provided for Him.

2. God MULTIPLIED Abraham - LIFE and LAUGHTER (Isaac - his son of promise whose name means "laughter") were born from Abraham by God's power despite the weakness of Abraham's old age and the deadness of Sarah's womb.

"In the same way God, desiring even more to show to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose, interposed with an oath, so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us." Heb. 6:17,18

God desires "even more" to show that His purpose hasn't changed, His promise hasn't changed.

We are the heirs of these 2 unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie - "His purpose" and "promise" to BLESS and BRING LIFE AND LAUGHTER (multiply) out of our weakness is unchangeable!

We, who are of faith, are the children of Abraham, heirs of these 2 promises (Gal. 3:7).

We have this "strong encouragement", this hope (expectation of good).

These are 2 "unchangeable things":
1. He has blessed us.
2. He has freely given us life and laughter.

All because we believe Him.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE. God just can't do it.

This is strong encouragement.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/26/16 9:05 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic