Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

3 shakeups in North Georgia

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post 3 shakeups in North Georgia Starvin' Darvin
Chad Smith is the new Lead Pastor of the Pointe.

Eddie Umbahant has retired in Athens (Greater Athens) Word is they are taking a vote in the coming weeks for a new pastor. Any ideas as to who is going there?

Jim Talley is taking over as interm at Erwin Hill close to Adairsville.
2/25/16 3:10 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Who is going to East Trion?

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/25/16 5:41 pm

Post Starvin' Darvin
sheepdogandy wrote:
Who is going to East Trion?

Haven't heard any names thrown out for that church. However, looking purely at the statistics on the NGA website whoever goes there will have to put in quite a bit of work.
2/25/16 6:02 pm

Post Starvin' Darvin
More rolling in.... I just heard the pastor at Duluth resigned this past Sunday and the AB will be there this Sunday.
2/25/16 8:23 pm

Post Re: 3 shakeups in North Georgia philunderwood
Starvin' Darvin wrote:

Great News!!! That guy is AMAZINGLY creative!

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/25/16 10:20 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Are these ministerial changes really "shakeups," or are they simply the normal everyday process of life transitions? Acts-pert Poster
2/25/16 10:50 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Jim Chasteen moved from East Trion to Noble.

Succeeding Henry Hampton who served for many years.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/27/16 8:24 am

Post Re: 3 shakeups in North Georgia Nature Boy Florida
philunderwood wrote:
Starvin' Darvin wrote:

Great News!!! That guy is AMAZINGLY creative!

How do you know?
Did he take your training?
Was he once your pastor?
Please elaborate.
2/27/16 12:04 pm

Post Re: 3 shakeups in North Georgia Starvin' Darvin
Starvin' Darvin wrote:

Eddie Umbahant has retired in Athens (Greater Athens) Word is they are taking a vote in the coming weeks for a new pastor. Any ideas as to who is going there?.

Heard today that Stephen Henderson should be the new pastor of Greater Athens. He seems like an unknown honestly.
2/27/16 8:04 pm

Post Re: 3 shakeups in North Georgia LonghornFan
[quote="Starvin' Darvin"]
Starvin' Darvin wrote:
Heard today that Stephen Henderson should be the new pastor of Greater Athens. He seems like an unknown honestly.

What does that even mean?
Friendly Face
2/27/16 9:32 pm

Post Cojak
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Are these ministerial changes really "shakeups," or are they simply the normal everyday process of life transitions?

The best observation or question. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/27/16 11:41 pm

Post Re: 3 shakeups in North Georgia mytimewillcome
Starvin' Darvin wrote:

Not sure where you live but many people that I know in North Georgia know Stephen.

From what I hear, he is a great preacher with a strong lineage in the COG.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/27/16 11:54 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Stephen is definitely not an unknown. He is a greaat guy. He writes on here from time to time. He'll do a good job there.
2/28/16 12:23 am

Post Re: 3 shakeups in North Georgia Starvin' Darvin
[quote="LonghornFan"]
Starvin' Darvin wrote:
Starvin' Darvin wrote:

What does that even mean?

Just seems like another circumstanc where the AB takes a guy without a church and places him. Without giving anyone else a shot to move up. Yes, that's the ax I grind. It does bother that North Georgia isn't as cohesive as say, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama or Texas.
2/28/16 6:56 am

Post Starvin' Darvin
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Are these ministerial changes really "shakeups," or are they simply the normal everyday process of life transitions?

Ah ya got me. I sensationalized it to get more views. Caught me red handed. Maybe I should run for president.
2/28/16 6:58 am

Post Brandon Bohannon
Stephen is a good guy. He has faithfully served (to my knowledge) at Cherry Log-Higher Praise in Blue Ridge, GA for a few years now.

He has supported state and regional as well as International programs, faithfully.

When I was a youth pastor in NGA, Stephen visited us several times as he was just getting started.

He has some video content online that I have enjoyed watching.

He is not some unknown commodity. He's been around as has his father, for a long time.

I hope that he does well and feel confident that he will.

If you see this Stephen, God bless and God speed Bro.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
2/28/16 7:38 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
Chad is one of the most gifted speakers I've ever heard. Bro Jerry Chitwood has personally mentored Chad and once told me that Chad is probably the most gifted leader that he has ever been with. He loves him like a son.

Chad probably doesn't even remember me but I remember him. He will do a great job! I am cheering for him and praying for him!
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
2/28/16 7:41 pm

Post J David Smith
I don't know of any "shake ups" happening in North Georgia. Henry Hampton (Noble), Jerry Chitwood (The Pointe), and Eddie Ubehant (Athens) have all retired from pastoral ministry. Dale Wilson (Duluth) has stepped down because of health issues.

Each of those men served with impeccable integrity and effectiveness. To use the term, "shake up" implies otherwise.

I have known Henry Hampton all of my life. I have preached for him many times. He is a great man who served his community well. I have also known his successor, Jim Chasteen, for many years. He is a good man who will do well at Noble.

I consider Jerry Chitwood to be one of the finest leaders and men that I have ever known. He is a personal mentor who I honor deeply. I had the opportunity to preach for him recently and personally see the transition that has taken place at The Pointe. Chad Smith has been the Executive Pastor there for some time. He has been preaching the second service there for months. The church loves Chad and so do I. As has been stated, he is a master communicator and a great man. This transition is an example of how pastoral transition should be done.

The Athens - Lighthouse Church (Greater Athens) is on our district where I serve as district overseer. Eddie Umbehant has done a great job serving that community. Stephen Henderson is a great young man with a lot of integrity and a passion to do something great for the Lord. I am very excited to have him in the area and I think it was an excellent decision by the church and Dr. Baker to place him there. I expect great things!

The Duluth church is in our area as well. Pastor Dale Wilson has some health issues that prompted him to resign. He has done an extraordinary job at Duluth. He came into a tough situation and has led well. He has set the church up for the next pastor. We all need to be in prayer for Pastor Wilson.

I am excited about what God is doing in our region. North Georgia has had some significant challenges over the past 6 years, but I am thankful for the leadership of Dr. Baker. I also look forward to a strong future as a new Administrative Bishop leads us into the next season of ministry.
Friendly Face
2/29/16 2:13 pm

Post Re: 3 shakeups in North Georgia 4thgeneration
[/quote]

Just seems like another circumstanc where the AB takes a guy without a church and places him. Without giving anyone else a shot to move up. Yes, that's the ax I grind. It does bother that North Georgia isn't as cohesive as say, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama or Texas.[/quote]

Seriously, that's your answer? Apparently you don't take advantage of the opportunity to look at statistical reports as provided online at the NGA COG website. I don't know much about the church Stephen Henderson was given opportunity to pastor, but I can read the numbers, which clearly show that placing Stephen in that church didn't cost anyone the opportunity to move up.

The Pointe situation was unique as Chad Smith was utilized to start a second service with a more contemporary flair. Over time that service has outgrown the other, and the church has come to value the leadership of Chad. At this point(e), and with a church showing obvious growth (again, refer to the online statistics) it seems clear that the best choice is to promote Chad to Senior Pastor upon the retirement of Jerry Chitwood. Chad has proven in the past his dynamic preaching, leadership abilities, and the resulting strong church growth. Perhaps that does cost others the opportunity to move up, but it is wise leadership based on proven success that can be built on with this continuity of leadership at that church.

Interim situations are temporary in preparation for a more "permanent" pastor to take the lead. To appoint Jim Talley to an interim position is also a wise act of bridging between a long term, retiring pastor and a new pastor that will lead the church forward. Jim has proven his excellent ability to serve in this kind of interim role at Lindale, and will be a great asset to Erwin Hill during this time of transition.

It seems obvious to me that at the heart of this thread is the desire to stir things up by using language such as shake up, and insinuations that question the integrity of the state overseer. It is easy to hide behind a somewhat veiled pen name and throw out such dramatics in response to leaders not leading the way one thinks they should lead. But then, there is a reason they are leaders...

Just my Opinion.
Acts Enthusiast
2/29/16 4:26 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic