Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Carrying your cross or crucified with Christ? Dying or dead?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Carrying your cross or crucified with Christ? Dying or dead? bradfreeman
BC or AD?

Before the cross (BC), we were fearful, condemned and dying, working for salvation, righteousness and life under an old covenant.

After His death (AD), we have peace with God, righteousness and life, the work is finished and sit with Him at rest in blessing, favor and the joy of the Lord in a new covenant.

Our message, the Good News, is not that we need to die.
Our message, the Good News, is that we died and we've been made alive.

The new covenant began at the cross.

For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives.Hebrews 9:17

Jesus isn't headed for the cross. He's already been there. Now, in the new covenant, He's seated at rest in Heaven and so are you.

even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,Ephesians 2:5-6

If you're still carrying your cross and headed for death, you're still living in the old covenant ministry of death.

If you've been crucified with Christ, you're in the new covenant and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.John 5:24

If you believe in Him you're not dying, you're dead, and you've passed out of death and into life.

For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.Colossians 3:3

Get on the new covenant side of the cross.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/25/16 7:20 am

Post Change Agent
Dead! Acts Enthusiast
2/25/16 8:17 am

Post diakoneo
1 Cor. 15:31 "I die daily". He went on to say "awake to righteousness and sin not" and "evi communications corrupt good manners".

If I die, how is it that I have remained dead?

If evil works somehow corrupt, you are wrong!

But I am sure you have some kind of rationalization...
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/25/16 9:33 am

Post bradfreeman
diakoneo wrote:
1 Cor. 15:31 "I die daily". He went on to say "awake to righteousness and sin not" and "evi communications corrupt good manners".

If I die, how is it that I have remained dead?

If evil works somehow corrupt, you are wrong!

But I am sure you have some kind of rationalization...

In 1 Cor 15:31, Paul is clearly speaking of the physical danger he faced regularly. Not his crucifixion with Christ where he died to sin, died to the law and died to his old self. All of that is clearly in our past. We are new covenant people, living after the cross.

1 Cor. 15:29 Otherwise, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why then are they baptized for them? 30 Why are we also in danger every hour? 31 I affirm, brethren, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 32 If from human motives I fought with wild beasts at Ephesus, what does it profit me? If the dead are not raised, let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die. 33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good morals.” 34 Become sober-minded as you ought, and stop sinning; for some have no knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.

Paul is using our hope of the resurrection here just as he did in 1 Cor. 6 and as John did in 1 Jn 3:3 at an encouragement to continue to fight the weakness, dishonor and corruption of our flesh (see 1 Cor. 15:42-49).

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/25/16 11:46 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic