Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Will Evangelicals do this? (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Will Evangelicals do this? (L) Eddie Robbins
It used to matter but no longer. Souls have been sold.

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/election/2016/02/will-evangelicals-put-an-unrepentant-serial-adulterer-in-the-white-house/#.VstbIxnPGiI.facebook
Acts-pert Poster
2/23/16 11:20 am

Post Brandon Bohannon
Eddie, it truly is baffling and disgusting to me to watch brothers and sisters go this route even if there is justifiable anger. It makes quite apparent that discernment isn't a gift equally given. I find comfort in God's Word:

Jeremiah 17:5-10New King James Version (NKJV)

5 Thus says the Lord:

“Cursed is the man who trusts in man
And makes flesh his strength,
Whose heart departs from the Lord.
6 For he shall be like a shrub in the desert,
And shall not see when good comes,
But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness,
In a salt land which is not inhabited.
7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is the Lord.
8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
9 “The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?
10 I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings.

I am further reminded of the old Lutheran hymn:

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874
1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!

Blessings on you and upon yours!
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
2/23/16 11:47 am

Post Re: Will Evangelicals do this? (L) UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/election/2016/02/will-evangelicals-put-an-unrepentant-serial-adulterer-in-the-white-house/#.VstbIxnPGiI.facebook

For this and many many more reasons the American evangelical church will never have a shred of credibility in any question of morality again. Gay marriage? Are you kidding me? You certainly can't appeal to the Bible once you've rejected its clear teachings in this case.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/23/16 1:07 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Look - we voted Mormon last time.
Trump at least doesn't believe in magic underwear.
This is nothing in comparison.
2/23/16 2:57 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Look - we voted Mormon last time.
Trump at least doesn't believe in magic underwear.
This is nothing in comparison.

I agree. The anti-Trump hysteria on this board is amazing. Nearly every President we've had has been an adulterer. Here is a guy that may literally stop the USA from vanishing into history and they are acting like Pharisees.
2/23/16 7:39 pm

Post Re: Will Evangelicals do this? (L) Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

For this and many many more reasons the American evangelical church will never have a shred of credibility in any question of morality again. Gay marriage? Are you kidding me? You certainly can't appeal to the Bible once you've rejected its clear teachings in this case.

And what can a President do about gay marriage one way or another? It's up to the States, not Trump, and the States are not using the power reserved to them in the Constitution. Why? Because too many Christians are doing what you are doing, NATIONALIZING moral issues that the Constitution does not even discuss. How are YOU any better than the Dems? The left nationalizes gay marriage and you try to fight them on that unconstitutional playing field instead of getting behind the Article 5 movement.

I guarantee you Trump really does not care about gay marriage one way or another. If the States actually stand up and do something I seriously doubt he will oppose them. He will be too busy saving your religious liberty and way of life.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 2/24/16 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
2/23/16 7:44 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
Resident-

I truly am sorry that you view any different view from yours as 1) hysteria and 2) pharisee in nature.

I am neither. I'm not anxious or afraid of the USA vanishing. This is not my home. I'm merely passing through. On the contrary, your candidate's message is built on anger and fear.

I do believe in holiness and righteousness. I assumed, maybe wrongly so, that this forum was and is full of people who also believe in those things.

I stand by my statement in another post-- discernment isn't evenly distributed throughout the Body. All parts are necessary but all parts function in different ways.

Paul disputed with Barnabas (son of encouragement) over the usefulness of Mark. Later, Paul asked that they send him Mark because he was useful to him. Paul disputed with Peter and the Word says that it wasn't a small dispute. We can disagree.

Fact: Trump is openly a vain and profane man. I have marked him as such and will not vote for him. You call this "pharisee". I call it Scripture. I don't know you so perhaps you are just having fun and trolling. If so, have fun. If not, belittling others won't benefit Trump and it won't benefit anything on this forum.

Peace and blessings to you sir.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
2/23/16 10:11 pm

Post Re: Will Evangelicals do this? (L) Preacher777
[quote="Eddie Robbins"]It used to matter but no longer. Souls have been sold.

Eddie, I am not for or against Trump but it I believe the reason he can gain such a big percentage of the "evangelical vote" can be explained by American Christianity that involves:

Mass production evangelistic services and events that entice people to believe or ask Jesus into their hearts. Often these evangelistic
methods are done with no regard to or explanation of repentance, counting the cost, deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Jesus and sanctification teaching after salvation. Welcome to the family of God evangelistic methods void of accountability, commitment or discipleship can easily lead to people who do whatever.

Say the prayer, now you are going to heaven and some will even offer a once saved always saved lifetime ticket there. Hopefully this explains why Christians (God will judge whether they are Christians/evangelicals) could care less about somebody's moral values when voting in an election.

We cannot blow the lanes open from a narrow is the way that leads to righteousness salvation in to a comfortable 8 lane highway and expect people to think, act and live as real Christians.

Last edited by Preacher777 on 2/25/16 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
2/24/16 11:01 pm

Post Re: Will Evangelicals do this? (L) Resident Skeptic
[quote="Preacher777"]
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Eddie, I am not for or against Trump but it I believe the reason he can gain such a big percentage of the "evangelical vote" can be explained by American Christianity that involves:

Mass production evangelistic services and events that entice people to believe or ask Jesus into their hearts with no regard to or explanation of repentance, counting the cost, deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Jesus, sanctification, no accountability, commitment or discipleship etc.

Say the prayer, now you are going to heaven and some will even offer a once saved always saved lifetime ticket there. Hopefully this explains why Christians (God will judge whether they are Christians/evangelicals) could care less about somebody's moral values when voting in an election.

We cannot blow the lanes open from a narrow is the way that leads to righteousness salvation in to a comfortable 8 lane highway and expect people to think, act and live as real Christians.

I agree that the "pray a prayer" salvation teaching is unbiblical, but what does that have to do with Evangelicals voting for Trump? If you apply your standard to all elections in the past, no candidate would have been worthy for Evangelicals to support. Christians support Trump because they perceive him as the only one who will aggressively try to save the country.

God used a pagan king to bless the Jews to return to Jerusalem and rebuild, after all.
2/25/16 6:13 am

Post Preacher777
Quiet Wyatt, I agree with everything you posted about Evangelical Christians and voting. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post because you misunderstood what I was trying to convey.

I am and wasn't proposing any criteria or standard concerning Christians and their voting patterns nor espousing a need to have candidates pass the "God test." We have rental houses and a couple totally unsaved handymen, plumbers/electricians do jobs that can go up to $2,000 without an estimate or contract based upon trust and developing a long term relationship.

My point was trying to answer Eddie's concern/question about how people he perceives as Christians can vote for Trump. I am dogmatic about the King of Kings but really have no passion for the candidates in this election.
Friendly Face
2/25/16 7:37 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
If you need to vote for a solid Christian - vote for Carson.
2/25/16 8:18 am

Post UncleJD
I have never had a "God test" for a candidate, I voted for a Mormon. My test is first one of their positions (left or right), second one of their credibility on those positions (historically, their actions, their lifestyle), and thirdly one of their morality, both professed and witnessed. A relationship with God can be lied about, but his/her morals have a way of being passed down to the nation. Look at Bill Clinton and what he justified with sexual immorality to our nation. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/25/16 9:28 am

Post Eddie Robbins
How about we vote for a decent person. So many have said, when excusing their support for Trump, "we're not electing a pastor in chief." That is true. I have no problem with electing someone who doesn't wear their religion on their sleeve. But what about a good person who is not a trash talking, vulgar, arrogant, money loving, adulterous bully? It's gonna be funny to see Trump talk about the sanctity of marriage. 😂😂😂😂 Acts-pert Poster
2/25/16 10:09 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
How about we vote for a decent person. So many have said, when excusing their support for Trump, "we're not electing a pastor in chief." That is true. I have no problem with electing someone who doesn't wear their religion on their sleeve. But what about a good person who is not a trash talking, vulgar, arrogant, money loving, adulterous bully? It's gonna be funny to see Trump talk about the sanctity of marriage. 😂😂😂😂

What about Rubio? He has his own adultery issues. Perhaps he should answer about the sanctity of marriage.

We held our nose and voted for him in Florida - because we didn't want Crist - and got knifed in the back by him.

Many of our jobs going to HB1 visas thanks to his votes.
And Amnesty for all.
Totally lied to us about both.

Rubio won't win Florida in primary or national election.
2/25/16 10:28 am

Post Cojak
I am definitely not happy this time around. I am always amazed at folks who 'REQUIRE' a bonafide 'Religious' leader. You can't even count on a minister staying on the straight and narrow (many examples of that).

I voted for Carter once, because he was a Christian. OTCP, don't refer me to his stand on gays etc NOW. I am talking about then. But Carter is a prime example of the elected Christian Leader who didn't do what WE CHRISTIANS think he should, he changed his stance on GAy marriage Israel etc.

But when he was elected was the most OPENLY Christian President we had had in years. Yet most folks on this forum say he was the WORST president ever, maybe as bad as Obama. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/25/16 11:25 am

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:
I am definitely not happy this time around. I am always amazed at folks who 'REQUIRE' a bonafide 'Religious' leader. You can't even count on a minister staying on the straight and narrow (many examples of that).

As am I Cojak, I never have, this is not a religious test for me (and I think for many/most others that don't support him), here's my post from above incase you missed it. Note that I listed 3 tests (none are religion based), Trump passes 0 of them for me.

I have never had a "God test" for a candidate, I voted for a Mormon. My test is first one of their positions (left or right), second one of their credibility on those positions (historically, their actions, their lifestyle), and thirdly one of their morality, both professed and witnessed. A relationship with God can be lied about, but his/her morals have a way of being passed down to the nation. Look at Bill Clinton and what he justified with sexual immorality to our nation.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/25/16 11:36 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic