Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Jeb dropped out, Carson and Kasich need to

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Jeb dropped out, Carson and Kasich need to UncleJD
If there is to be any hope of a Republican president in November, we need Ben Carson and John Kasich to follow up. They represent about 1/4 of the vote between them which would most likely put Rubio and/or Cruz over Trump.

I'm very disheartened tonight with the very real possibility of a Trump victory spelling a certain defeat in November. Even if I was inclinded to vote for him (I'm not), I don't believe the important "undecided" vote will go to him at all. As divided as our country is, those in the middle are more important than ever. From every poll I've seen Trump does horribly in that group.
I don't think I can vote for the man in good conscience. Everything in my spirit says that he is false.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/20/16 9:56 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Props to Mr. Bush. He could have held on and hoped the money would have made a difference later. He made a selfless and correct decision. Mr. Kasich and Mr. Carson definitely need to follow suit. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/20/16 10:30 pm

Post Re: Jeb dropped out, Carson and Kasich need to Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
If there is to be any hope of a Republican president in November, we need Ben Carson and John Kasich to follow up. They represent about 1/4 of the vote between them which would most likely put Rubio and/or Cruz over Trump.

I'm very disheartened tonight with the very real possibility of a Trump victory spelling a certain defeat in November. Even if I was inclinded to vote for him (I'm not), I don't believe the important "undecided" vote will go to him at all. As divided as our country is, those in the middle are more important than ever. From every poll I've seen Trump does horribly in that group.
I don't think I can vote for the man in good conscience. Everything in my spirit says that he is false.

I think Hillary is so weakened that next to a guy who is going to defend on immigration and trade, she will not stand a chance. The border alone is a big vote getter and she is polar opposite of Trump on that. The people view her as establishment.
2/21/16 7:50 am

Post Link
I'm glad Jeb Bush dropped out. He might make a good VP nomination for anyone besides Trump. It is obvious the two don't get along. Kasich has a good chance, IMO, of being a VP nomination for any of the candidates. Trump might go for Carson.

I do hope Carson drops out. His story is inspiring, but his typical answer is along the lines of, "We'll assemble a team of experts who know how to do that." I'd like to see an expert in the White House. The next president could appoint him surgeon general. He's probably qualified for that.
2/21/16 12:23 pm

Post Link
What really needs to happen is for either Cruz or Rubio to drop out of the race. They seem to be splitting the same segment of the electorate. IMO, Rubio is more electable based on looks and being less 'wooden.' Cruz seems a bit stern.

He might be able to beat Hillary. Both may have a 'likeability' issue, which would level the playing field.
2/21/16 12:28 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Jeb will not be anybody's VP. Again, it's Rubio/Kasich for the win. Anything else loses to Hillary. Acts-pert Poster
2/21/16 1:07 pm

Post UncleJD
Yuck Eddie, just yuck. I will feel no better about that ticket than I did Romney Ryan. Its pretty much the exact same thing. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/21/16 5:10 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
Yuck Eddie, just yuck. I will feel no better about that ticket than I did Romney Ryan. Its pretty much the exact same thing.

It's worse... at least Romney and Ryan both sang the right conservative chords. I find Kasich to be genuine and sincere, but he is very open about being moderate bordering on liberal (economically; he seems OK so far as social policies go).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/21/16 5:18 pm

Post Cojak
I will vote for the GOP pick. In my opinion an independent or write-ins will only aid the Democrats.

I keep telling myself, Trump is not stupid or ignorant. He comes across as crass (? is that a good word). He started off rich, but lots of folk have and went broke or stayed at the same level.

I know, law suits, bankruptcies, etc. But when I look at the three, Trump, HIllary or Bernie, I come up with Trump, no matter how hard it is to swallow.

WE have had 7, soon 8 years of Obama and both Democrats will continue down the road, they are all sure they can borrow us out of debt. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/21/16 5:19 pm

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:

I keep telling myself, Trump is not stupid or ignorant.

Nope, but maybe he's a cunning liar
2/21/16 5:26 pm

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Yuck Eddie, just yuck. I will feel no better about that ticket than I did Romney Ryan. Its pretty much the exact same thing.

It's worse... at least Romney and Ryan both sang the right conservative chords. I find Kasich to be genuine and sincere, but he is very open about being moderate bordering on liberal (economically; he seems OK so far as social policies go).

Agreed. I see the since of having Kasich on the ticket for the moderate/swing voters, but Rubio does nothing for me at all. I'll vote for him if I have to, I won't refuse to (unless I become more convinced that he is a bald-faced-liar), but it will be the third time straight that I've gone in with my hand over my nose.
2/21/16 5:29 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
Cojak wrote:

You may be right there JD, but doesn't that fit him in with about the whole bunch running or in DC?

But I just read where the Hillary lady said,"I don't think I have ever lied." So I am not including her, she is believable! Twisted Evil
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/21/16 5:35 pm

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Cojak wrote:

You may be right there JD, but doesn't that fit him in with about the whole bunch running or in DC?

But I just read where the Hillary lady said,"I don't think I have ever lied." So I am not including her, she is believable! Twisted Evil

I honestly don't believe Ted Cruz is a liar, someone that would go to the mat with their own party boss over his lies is not likely to be a liar. Now have super-pacs and campaign people lied? Probably.
2/21/16 5:48 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Trump Carson.

They will get my vote.
2/21/16 6:00 pm

Post The good Lord spoke through a Bush on several occasions: Old Time Country Preacher
He spoke through a Bush to Moses.

He spoke through a Bush to Iraq durin Desert Storm an run at raggedy bunch outta Kuwait.

He spoke through a Bush to Saddam while the farworks went off in Baghdad, an just before ole Saddam got his neck stretched.

I woulda voted for ole Jeb if he'd stayed in the race.
Acts-pert Poster
2/22/16 1:06 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic