Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Should Cleveland Tennessee be renamed Peyton Place? (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Should Cleveland Tennessee be renamed Peyton Place? (L) Nature Boy Florida
School district manager fired after he sent pictures of his privates to women that were not his wife.
http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/cleveland-city-schools-director-dr-martin-ringstaff-fired,27313

Police chiefs are fired every couple of months for improprieties.

COG HQ ripped off for 900,000 by an employee.

What is going on?

Is there a spiritual problem in Cleveland?
2/6/16 2:27 pm

Post Cojak
Someone might have closed the Portal! Who knows? Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/6/16 4:24 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:

Shame on you, Cojak, you done beat the ole timer to the punch. I was scrollin down to post about the portal an seen where you had done done it. Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
2/6/16 4:43 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
That kind of thing only happens in Cleveland, TN. Nowhere else. Acts-pert Poster
2/6/16 5:00 pm

Post Mat
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Cojak wrote:

Shame on you, Cojak, you done beat the ole timer to the punch. I was scrollin down to post about the portal an seen where you had done done it. Laughing

It could be worse OTCP, at least his Doctorate is real.

Mat Laughing Laughing Laughing
Acts Enthusiast
2/6/16 5:18 pm

Mat wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Cojak wrote:

It could be worse OTCP, at least his Doctorate is real.

Mat Laughing Laughing Laughing

That it is, Mat. Course the docterate didn't have nothin to do with him sendin stuff to a woman not his wife. He done at cause a his ole sin nature. Come to think of it, ats why fellers git fake docterates too, the ole sin nature. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
2/6/16 5:29 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
That kind of thing only happens in Cleveland, TN. Nowhere else.

Well one of 'em anyway! Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/6/16 8:19 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
That kind of thing only happens in Cleveland, TN. Nowhere else.

And Washington D.C.
2/7/16 6:36 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
My point is - Cleveland TN is the HQ of the COG.
Wouldn't we expect the epicenter of our denomination to have an effect on its surrounding community?

If it is no better than any other community - what does that say about COG effectiveness?

Why would we send our trained folks to other parts of America or the world to change their world - when the place we have the highest concentration of our best and brightest - our top 5 leaders even - plus lots more - and they are having no different effect than any other city?

If the salt has lost its savor...

If our "better" way doesn't make things better in Cleveland, then where pray tell can we expect that to take place?

The days of "Like A Mighty Army" ended in the late 60s and early 70s.
Today - it would be better described as "Like a Poorly Motivated Group of Weekend Warriors".
We're not affecting any city effectively - especially mine.

We've got to radically change what we are doing to make a difference today.

We mock the "Methodists" and the "Holiness" groups of yesterday - but their "methods" transformed the cities they lived in. "Easy Believism" has no such effect.

I don't want to go back to the graceless days that we became just before it all fell apart.

But we have got to rethink what we are doing.

I want to pass something on to my kids other than 20 Trillion in debt and a godless society.

I want them to see the Power of God that can transform a nation. I don't think any of us know what that is anymore.

thats jmho. Feel free to rip.

Quote:
2 Peter 1:3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.

8 The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2/7/16 2:44 pm

Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Wouldn't we expect the epicenter of our denomination to have an effect on its surrounding community?

If it is no better than any other community - what does that say about COG effectiveness?

Why would we send our trained folks to other parts of America or the world to change their world - when the place we have the highest concentration of our best and brightest - our top 5 leaders even - plus lots more - and they are having no different effect than any other city?

If our "better" way doesn't make things better in Cleveland, then where pray tell can we expect that to take place?

Today - it would be better described as "Like a Poorly Motivated Group of Weekend Warriors".

We mock the "Methodists" and the "Holiness" groups of yesterday - but their "methods" transformed the cities they lived in. "Easy Believism" has no such effect.

I don't want to go back to the graceless days that we became just before it all fell apart.

I want to pass something on to my kids other than 20 Trillion in debt and a godless society.

I want them to see the Power of God that can transform a nation. I don't think any of us know what that is anymore.

Quote:
2 Peter 1:3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.

8 The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

NB, son, you ain't stopped taking your meds have ya?
Acts-pert Poster
2/7/16 2:56 pm

Post c6thplayer1

Quote:

Just Think how bad it would be if we weren't there.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/7/16 3:19 pm

Post Re: Should Cleveland Tennessee be renamed Peyton Place? (L) Nature Boy Florida
Tom Sterbens wrote:

Why are you going after Peyton?
He didn't have anything to do with this.

I was just using his name as a metaphor for disappointment. Give it a few hours and you will know what I mean.
2/7/16 4:48 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
c6thplayer1 wrote:

Just Think how bad it would be if we weren't there.

Good point.
2/7/16 4:48 pm

Post renewal
Think for a moment...We are not the only group there...

Here is a city with HQ's all over the place...

We cannot and do not impact anything...

I have often wondered through the years this question, why not?

We had church today, we did everything that we were supposed to do, right?

What happened in our areas? Nothing changed. Tomorrow will be the same as today.

The why not question must be answered....Now...

In you city what changed because you had church today?

Answer that question now...
Acts Enthusiast
2/7/16 5:24 pm

Post I thought the schools in ... Mat
I thought the schools in Cleveland were dominated by COG folks. I know that back in the 1960s Mrs. Slay "dominated" me in her 5th grade class at George R. Stuart. That wooden spoon with the tape around the end is all I remember of her teaching techneques.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
2/7/16 5:55 pm

Post Re: I thought the schools in ... Old Time Country Preacher
Mat wrote:
Mrs. Slay "dominated" me in her 5th grade class at George R. Stuart. That wooden spoon with the tape around the end is all I remember of her teaching techneques.

I believe ya, Mat, cause it don't look like she taught ya how to spell correctly. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
2/7/16 9:00 pm

renewal wrote:
Think for a moment...We are not the only group there...

Exactly! The feller what was fired was a Baptist. Its the Baptist's fault shame has come to Cleveland.
Acts-pert Poster
2/7/16 9:03 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
My understanding of end-times prophecy is that even though God will be pouring out His Spirit upon all flesh, evil men shall still wax worse and worse, a great falling away will still happen, and at least some men shall be lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

Noah was a preacher of righteousness, perfect in his generation, and yet all he was able to influence to follow God was his own family. Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be when the Son of Man comes again.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/8/16 12:52 am

Post Re: Should Cleveland Tennessee be renamed Peyton Place? (L) Nature Boy Florida
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:

Why are you going after Peyton?
He didn't have anything to do with this.

I was just using his name as a metaphor for disappointment. Give it a few hours and you will know what I mean.

????

or not.
2/8/16 7:46 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic