Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

"Don't make me hurt you."

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post "Don't make me hurt you." doyle
I liked Megyn Kelly and enjoyed watching her program. I thought it was some of the best-produced and cutting-edge reporting on television. However, a week prior to the first Republican Debate, she said something on air that revealed how far out of line her personal ego had become.

Some of you might remember when she leaned a bit forward, looked directly into the camera and spoke directly to the Presidential candidates who would be in the debate that Fox News was hosting.

She said, "Don't make me hurt you." She giggled a little but she meant it.
I turned to my wife and said, "That girl has decided that she will attempt to destroy one of those people running for office."

Her very first question at the debate, was not a question at all but rather accusations against a candidate. In my opinion, it looked like Megyn Kelly had decided that she, the great and exalted Megyn Kelly, instead of letting the viewing audience hear what the candidates planned to do if they were elected President, would bring down a candidate.

Her accusations set the direction of the Presidential race on fire. It was weeks before anyone got to hear what the candidates would do if elected. Megyn Kelly had thrown a stink bomb into the Presidential race.

And at that moment, Kelly made one of the dumbest mistakes a journalist can make. She inserted herself into the story. When the reporter becomes the story, they have failed to due their job. The news is not about the reporter. The reporter is simply the one who conveys it.

Were the accusations this self-absorbed woman made true? I don't know but the reaction to what she did was so overwhelming, until she, the great Megyn Kelly, had to be off-air for 10 days. She is sharp. She is excellent on camera and seems as comfortable in front of a camera as anyone we've seen in years. She is knowledgeable and it seems she studies much to make sure her program is well-paced and interesting.

But unless she can reign in her ego and cover the news instead of making it, her audience and thereby her value to Fox will decrease. An overbearing ego looks awful on a man. It looks horrible on a woman.

That's my opinion. What's yours?

Doyle

Last edited by doyle on 2/6/16 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
2/6/16 1:22 am

Post UncleJD
I barely knew who she was before the debate, now I watch her all of the time. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/6/16 1:25 am

Post Fox is every bit as biased as the New York Times... Aaron Scott
BOTH are good news sources...so long as you keep in mind that one has a conservative agenda, while the other has a liberal agenda.

There is plenty of news that really doesn't have a liberal/conservative slant to be played. But in many cases, you do have to take care that you get the FULL picture, since you know you're getting but one side.

Here's the key difference, I think: The New York Times is authentically liberal. It doesn't choke off conservative debate, necessarily, but it has a "side" that it's own.

Fox, in my opinion, is ARTIFICIALLY conservative. Yes, they have some conservative people on board, but I have always seems to note that they are conservative BECAUSE it profits them. I mean, look at all the TRASH that FOX produces--things that conservative (at least evangelical conservatives) would blush over. I think they simply saw a market for conservative TV and went from there. Fox news is just one of the hydra-headed outlets for an empire that will sell whatever is selling.

When I read FOX news, I may also read the NY Times, trying to find balance, and vice versa. I suggest we all do it.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/6/16 8:17 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Her very first question at the debate, was not a question at all but rather accusations against a candidate.

Her first question was a question, actually. She asked about his general election electability given what he has said about women. No, it wasn't a direct question about policy, but, in my opinion, it was a reasonable question to ask given that the female vote has gone to the Democrat in the last 6 Presidential elections.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/6/16 9:36 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
But unless she can reign in her ego and cover the news instead of making it, her audience and thereby her value to Fox will decrease. An overbearing ego looks awful on a man. It looks horrible on a woman.

That sounds like concern trolling to me. That's my opinion.

By the way, what are the degrees of difference between awful and horrible?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/6/16 9:41 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Bonnie, you're acting like it was a completely reasonable and fair question about how the Democrats would treat him in a general election -- as if something like "war on women" has been the left's leading catchphrase for ten years, or as if the Democrat party is dominated by gender identity politics, or as if Trump had actually said some truly deplorable and inexcusable things about women.

Where do you get these ideas? Laughing Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/6/16 10:41 am

Post DrDuck
I don't generally watch Mrs. Kelly (actually Mrs. Brunt). Did not care for her attitude and disposition from the first time I saw her. When I do inadvertently happen to see her on Fox I get about the same sensation I get seeing Hillary. They both grate on my nervous system. And this has nothing to do with her fight with Trump. He is beginning to bother me about as much as Hillary and Kelly. Acts-celerater
2/6/16 11:43 am

Post Eddie Robbins
She is not a news reporter. So many make this mistake about Fox. Shows like Hannity, O'Reilly, Fox and Friends and The Five are entertainment shows. They talk about the news but they are not news reporters. Megan Kelly did Trump a big favor. She caused him to step us his game and will now be prepared for a debate with Hillary because those questions about the way he treats women will come up. Although, speaking of egos, I don't really know if Trump will heed the lesson. He's pretty much a potty mouthed bully. Acts-pert Poster
2/6/16 11:58 am

Post Cojak
I despise an ambush, and that is what I saw with Kelly at the last debate. That one was the only one I have been able to see because at that RV park we had cable.

It must have been years since there has been a real debate, IF THERE EVER WAS ONE.

The one with Megyn & Wallace the last time it appeared they were part of the debating team (sorta filling in for the democrats since they weren't allowed to participate Smile )
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/6/16 2:21 pm

Post c6thplayer1
She did nothing more than expose and report the true character of Trump that many did not know about. Her job is not only to report the news as a journalist but to also report what her or her company's investigation has uncovered.

Evidently she is very effective , trump is scared of her.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/6/16 10:25 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic