Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

"Two Corinthians" is correct

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post "Two Corinthians" is correct doyle
Doesn't the Roman numeral "II" signify "two," not "second?

D
1/19/16 9:04 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Don't miss the point here. The point is that you have a guy who is attempting to fit in or relate to an audience by quoting a scripture when the guy can't even quote his favorite verse when asked. So, when he says 2 Corinthians, he is not attempting to have a teaching moment like my father-in-law would have done. Smile Acts-pert Poster
1/19/16 12:10 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Eddie Robbins wrote:
So, when he says 2 Corinthians, he is not attempting to have a teaching moment like my father-in-law would have done. Smile

Did Rev Conn say 2 Corinthians too? Wink

Hey, I know what ya sayin Eddie, the Donald ain't no frequent visitor to the pages a the good Book.
Acts-pert Poster
1/19/16 1:02 pm

Post Link
I dunno, but do Presbyterians every say "2 Corinthians." Maybe they do if they have close ties to Scotland. It's possible he heard that in Sunday school instead of 'second Corinthians.' I can't remember ever going to an English-speaking Presbyterian church.
1/19/16 4:03 pm

Post Da Sheik
Outside the US, the usage of "Two Corinthians" is very normal. I doubt that "the Donald" is familiar with that nomenclature but I can tell you from firsthand experience that no one would bat an eyelash if you used the phrase in the UK. Acts Enthusiast
1/19/16 4:23 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
So, when he says 2 Corinthians, he is not attempting to have a teaching moment like my father-in-law would have done. Smile

Did Rev Conn say 2 Corinthians too? Wink

Hey, I know what ya sayin Eddie, the Donald ain't no frequent visitor to the pages a the good Book.

It's the kind of thing he would have done to get attention. He was a master at playing word games and daring you to challenge him. I made the mistake of playing Scrabble with him once. He preached at Doraville COG and dedicated my daughter, which wold have been January 1984. I still remember the title of the sermon..."Declaring Your Ebenezer." 😀
Acts-pert Poster
1/19/16 5:24 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Da Sheik wrote:
Outside the US, the usage of "Two Corinthians" is very normal. I doubt that "the Donald" is familiar with that nomenclature but I can tell you from firsthand experience that no one would bat an eyelash if you used the phrase in the UK.

And they're trying to ban him there. Smile
Acts-pert Poster
1/19/16 5:25 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic