Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

People vomitting when being prayed for for deliverance

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post People vomitting when being prayed for for deliverance Link
After the church, the pastor asked me to pray for someone, a man who'd been having some suicidal thoughts and other problems. I start praying, and the guy gets nauseous. He grew up in a Baptist church, goes to an SDA church, and hasn't been water baptized yet. He keeps getting these suicidal thoughts. He'd done some stuff with the occult in the past, too.

Anyway, he said when we were praying, he felt nauseous. Later, he said he'd gone to Pentecostal church that encouraged vomiting for deliverance. He was scared because someone had 'read' him and knew all about him. I explained to him a little about the gift of prophecy. I also said I'd pray against vomitting. I suppose a demon could try to do that to torture the person and mess up the carpet. I don't think demons come out in the vomit.

Has anyone else experienced someone vomiting when being prayed for?

Anyway, the pastor and I are going to meet with him later this week. I'd appreciate prayer.
1/18/16 7:13 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I've never personally seen that happen, but I have heard of it happening. My guess is it's just a side effect of extreme anxiety. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/18/16 7:42 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I've never personally seen that happen, but I have heard of it happening. My guess is it's just a side effect of extreme anxiety.

Or a result of physical thrashing. There are examples in the gospels of people being thrown about by demons as Jesus delivered them.

I have not seen it, but have been in the same building where it happened once or twice. I have heard of people wanting to burn the vomit. I can understand why the vomit could be produced, but I don't think it requires anything more than some Clorox. That said, encouraging people to throw up as a part of casting the demon out is certainly unbiblical.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/18/16 8:21 pm

Post Link
Every few years, I hear of a church that has gotten onto the idea that members repeatedly need to have demons cast out of them, and that the sign it is happening is that they throw up. I can just imagine, if some undemonized person goes into a room full of people vomiting, that person might want to vomit. After a whilte, the whole building would smell, and everyone would want to vomit.

Biblically, there is no basis for wanting people to vomit when demons are cast out of them.

On the other hand, 'spirit' does mean wind. So I suppose someone could try to argue for casting 'winds' out of people. But I don't know if a church that got onto a kick like that would smell much better than one that tried to get everyone to vomit. It might take a little longer to get 'initial evidence' of exorcism out of some people than with the vomit method, but a little shorter with some other foks.
1/18/16 8:45 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
All I know is Link, the ole timer vomited right after service one night an got delivered from a bad Tuna sandwich I eat for church. The stuff was bad, an I got all kinds a sick bout halfway through the service. Finally vomited it all up an my goodness, I got delivered. Acts-pert Poster
1/18/16 10:44 pm

Post Cojak
In the 1950's there was a lot of that by 'the healing' evangelists. I never saw it, but I was told it. Most of the time it was 'getting rid of demons', but Biblical reference, it seems the demons looked for another place to go, not in a pile of barf.

It was something I never took as seriously, spiritual, more for fear or show. But I could be wrong, I never was involved with it.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/18/16 10:51 pm

Post Sitting on front row with stack of paper towel rolls. doyle
Linda and I felt led of the Lord to sell our home in Cleveland, TN and move to Long Island, New York in an effort to rescue a church that was near closing. Due to internal situations, attendance had dwindled to only eight people. After reading the book "Pigs In The Parlor," about Christians with demons, a nearby COG minister got into the "Deliverance Ministry" in a big way.

During those services, there were people placed on the front row with rolls of paper towels either in their lap or at their feet. Their job was to mop up the vomit when someone was "delivered." The Bible definitely shares some instances when demons were cast out. I still believe in the possibility of demon possession and that the only cure, is Christ.

No doubt, feeling they are possessed, would be an emotional, gut-wrenching experience for someone. But we must be careful that we don't be too quick to claim various maladies are demon-possession. Over the centuries, some things that can now be helped with medication, was believed to be possession. Epilepsy and the convulsions it can cause, is one example.

Indeed, there are instances where people need deliverance. I am not a critic of those who at times participate in that ministry. However, in every case I've seen where churches get into the Deliverance Ministry, that begins to take over the entire focus of the church. Our focus in worship is to be Christ. I believe the over-emphasis of "deliverance," places Satan as the focus. It doesn't have to be that way but I am yet to see such a ministry not become overwhelmed with a focus on Satan.

That doesn't mean the people worship Satan, but the focus on him in their midst, begins to take over where the emphasis should be Christ.

That's my opinion. What's yours?

Doyle
1/19/16 8:25 am

Post Deliverance Bullseye77
In the past I have had a number of experiences dealing with demons. I don't take it lightly. It is serious business when one is controlled by demonic power. I have seen them vomit. I have seen them foam at the mouth. I have seen them wallow on the floor. I have seen them wriggle like snakes. I have seen them fall similar to what it would look like when a person falls in the Spirit. I have had demons talk back to me out of the person they possessed. And on more than one occasion they have tried to attack me. None of those attempts were ever successful. I think many of the responses, such as vomiting or foaming at the mouth, were due to the vexation by the demons which were being confronted and cast out.
I think too much attention has been focused on the physical manifestations rather than on seeing to it that the individual is really delivered.
1/22/16 12:03 pm

Post Back in the late 70's..... caseyleejones
if you had the smallest of issues in your life....it was a demon. I had a front row seat to it.....actually I was a few rows back but in those types of services.

You got all types of newspapers and laid then out on the floor. Preacher would "cast" the demon out......part of the process was vomiting. Supposedly that was the bodies reaction to deliverance. We observed all colors of demons from red to yellow to other colors......some were carnivoras while others were more herbivores.......

The interesting thing is that you don't find that one place in the Word. Yet, it was taken as biblical.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/23/16 11:32 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic