Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The COG General Assembly Agenda

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The COG General Assembly Agenda doyle
When the COG Agenda for the past General Assembly was published, some viewers said it was in their opinion, one of the weakest they had ever seen. A lot of it was changing this word to that word etc.

So, what items do you feel should be on this Assembly Agenda?

Doyle

Last edited by doyle on 1/18/16 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
1/17/16 6:46 pm

Post AussieRain
I did not think it was a "weak" agenda, per se. I dealt with a lot of items that were deemed by some to be "minutia/minutiae" (word of the week), but I viewed it as an attempt to clean up a lot of archaic practices (mailouts, etc) and wording to fit the minutes with much of what is commonplace practice anyway (that doesn't apply to every measure, but many).

I would love situations like that to be handled by the Executive Council anyway, so as to avoid the necessity of dealing with that in the General Council, but as it currently stands, IMO, the Executive Council was right to bring those items before us. Otherwise they could have been accused of over stepping their bounds. I have heard that much of the agenda is driven by motion suggestions from ministers outside the Executive Council anyway. If that is indeed true, it says a lot about our ability as ministers to drive the agenda; it doesn't sound like its being controlled and stifled.
Friendly Face
1/18/16 12:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic