Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Need Prayer

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Need Prayer Link
Hi folks,

I would appreciate some prayer. I'm out of grad school. I had a temporary job lined up for January, I thought. The vice president of academic affairs at the school said they wanted to bring me onboard. When I asked about it a couple of weeks later, he asked if I hadn't gotten the security clearance form in my inbox. They had to delay hiring me to February. So I don't have a job right now.

I applied for a school in another country and I've had two Skype interviews with them. They made me an offer I couldn't accept, less than half of market salary and no signing bonus or anything, which seems to be the norm here in this field. I told them that, so they asked me to tell them what I wanted. They might actually hire for Spring, unlike just about everywhere else which hires for August. Spring semester starts in February or August for them.

My property manager said my landlord was thinking of selling. I don't deal with the owner, just the manager. I said I could work with them showing the apartment if they wanted to do that and keep us renting the place. The property manager called and told us they were having an open house on Sunday from 1 4 or something like that. I'd already told my kids we were going to Sea Life Park, since we could get free entrance only that day. It irritated me that she told me what they were going to do instead of asking. She suggested they come in when we aren't here. I'm not cool with that.

So today, I get an eviction notice for February 29th, saying the owner wants to renovate. I don't have a job or a place to go right now. My wife and I are talking about flying to the Georgia in the US or Indonesia till the next job comes along. Finding an apartment in Hawaii is an ordeal. They need to be required to give a few months notice. Finding an apartment here with kids is hard. With no job? That would take a miracle. My wife hasn't seen her parents in many years. They've never met our two youngest children. Both of my parents have visited once. I've been back to Georgia once without the family.

We wonder if this is just a little nudge to get us to take the overseas job. When we opened the letter from the landlord, my wife and I encouraged each other to trust God. I told her we didn't have much choice. Smile Anyway, I thought I'd share the prayer request and let you guys have the joy of seeing what God does to answer your prayers.
1/15/16 9:41 pm

Post Cojak
Prayers my friend and who knows, it could be that nudge.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/15/16 10:07 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic