Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why I have become a "Wholeness" preacher.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Why I have become a "Wholeness" preacher. doyle
During a time of devotion this evening, a thought came that possibly you can use in a sermon or devotion. Please feel free to use it if it will be a blessing to you or to those to whom you minister.

Why I Am A Wholeness Preacher

I grew up in what was known as a holiness church and am grateful for it. We were taught to live a holy life dedicated to God. The Scripture says, without holiness no man shall see God.

Though society goes through various standards of conduct, God's standard of behavior in living is the same as when it was penned over 2,000 years ago. When we accept Christ, that wonderful life-changing experience is to affect all phases of our life; how we dress, where we go (or won't go), what we watch and what we say. But �holiness� is also internal; how we think, what we think about, our motives and attitudes toward God and man.

So yes, put me down as someone who believes holy living is vital.

2 Corinthians 7:1
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 4:24
And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

1 Thessalonians 3:13
To the end he may establish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Hebrews 12:14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

However, what God does in us is more than an external experience. He seeks to restore us to wholeness; spirit, mind and body. God cares about everything in our life. He seeks to take our hurts, sorrows, grief, brokenness in spirit so that our life can be whole again.

Matthew 9:21
For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

Matthew 9:22
But Jesus turned around, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; your faith has made you whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Matthew 12:13
Then he said to the man, Stretch forth you hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

Mark 6:56
When he entered into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that they might touch the border of his garment: and as many as touched him were made whole.

Mark 14:9
Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, what she has done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

John 4:53
So the father knew that it was at the same hour in the which Jesus said unto him, your son is alive: and he believed, and his whole house.

Acts 15:22
Then it pleased the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

Romans 1:8

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Galatians 5:9
A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Ephesians 6:11
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:13
Take with you the whole armour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.[/b]
1/15/16 7:09 pm

Post Good word Doyle brotherjames
But you might go 1 step further. Your listed verses in Matthew and Mark 6:56 use your word "whole" but they actually more convey your intention of wholeness more than the other verses you listed. The word the translators give us as whole is the Greek word SOZO. In many places it is also translated as saved, healed, delivered, and more. It conveys the idea of wholeness in spirit, soul and body. Jesus came to make us whole in every area of our lives, now and in the world to come. In the same way we translate SHALOM as peace - but shalom really means to prosper, to favor, well being, peaceful etc. SOZO is the same. God makes us whole - He has made provision for the healing of our bodies, our minds, our hearts - our spirits. Thank you Jesus for Sozo-ING us!!! Acts-celerater
1/17/16 1:20 pm

Post Re: Good word Doyle Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
The word the translators give us as whole is the Greek word SOZO!!!

BJ, did you get this from Strong?
Acts-pert Poster
1/17/16 1:41 pm

Post Re: Why I have become a "Wholeness" preacher. Old Time Country Preacher
doyle wrote:
what God does in us is more than an external experience. He seeks to restore us to wholeness; spirit, mind and body. God cares about everything in our life. He seeks to take our hurts, sorrows, grief, brokenness in spirit so that our life can be whole again.

Very true, Doyle!
Acts-pert Poster
1/17/16 1:42 pm

Post Matthew 1:21 brotherjames
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save (SOZO) his people from their sins.

SOZO - make them whole, heal, save, deliver
Find this in any good Greek dictionary.Thayers, Strongs whatever. Jesus came to make us whole in body, soul and spirit. Ptl.
Acts-celerater
1/17/16 6:13 pm

Post Matthew 1:21 brotherjames
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save (SOZO) his people from their sins.

SOZO - make them whole, heal, save, deliver
Find this in any good Greek dictionary.Thayers, Strongs whatever. Jesus came to make us whole in body, soul and spirit. Ptl.

I have preached this message all over the world and the Lord has confirmed it with accompanying signs, wonders and miracles. Thank you Jesus.
Acts-celerater
1/17/16 6:14 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic