Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Frantic anti-Trumpers, take heart (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Frantic anti-Trumpers, take heart (L) Resident Skeptic
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/trump-more-doubles-national-lead-nbc-wsj-poll-n496711

Please note especially the paragraph immediately following the video link.
1/14/16 6:58 pm

Post Cojak
I am not an anti-Trump guy, I like what he says at times, Like a fellow commenter on this Forum, I wish someone else was saying it.

I have to keep reminding myself he must be pretty savvy to take 225 million and make 6 billion or more out of it.

To be honest I do not believe half of what he says. First he will NEVER build that wall, unless he pays for it by himself. He will NEVER remove the illegals from the USA. but I do think he would be better than Clinton or Bernie.

I think a president should listen to his JCofStaff, but not give them free rein.

His 'acceptance' or acknowledgement of Putin's words are logical, WE NEED to talk with Russia, not 'threaten them' WE must stand our ground with out kissing-up or apologizing.

Anyway if TRUMP is the candidate, I will vote for him and not hold my nose. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/14/16 10:57 pm

Post John Jett
Looks like Trump had another win in the debate tonight. I thought Cruz did well too, but Trump looked like he was in charge. Cruz didn't look good in his New York comments, or in his voting records pointed out by Rubio. I think Rubio may become the second-place candidate after tonight. And if that happens, I'm moving from Cruz to Trump. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/14/16 11:18 pm

Post LonghornFan
John Jett wrote:
Looks like Trump had another win in the debate tonight. I thought Cruz did well too, but Trump looked like he was in charge. Cruz didn't look good in his New York comments, or in his voting records pointed out by Rubio. I think Rubio may become the second-place candidate after tonight. And if that happens, I'm moving from Cruz to Trump.

Perspective is a funny thing. I thought that Trump looked horrible tonight and that Cruz looked brilliant in each of his responses. Trump looks to me like a sit-com star that stumbled onto the wrong stage. Unfortunately for me, if based on the history from the last few months, your view will probably be the majority.

Trump looks totally foolish, but that seems to be what people like.
Friendly Face
1/14/16 11:26 pm

Post John Jett
LonghornFan wrote:
John Jett wrote:
Looks like Trump had another win in the debate tonight. I thought Cruz did well too, but Trump looked like he was in charge. Cruz didn't look good in his New York comments, or in his voting records pointed out by Rubio. I think Rubio may become the second-place candidate after tonight. And if that happens, I'm moving from Cruz to Trump.

Perspective is a funny thing. I thought that Trump looked horrible tonight and that Cruz looked brilliant in each of his responses. Trump looks to me like a sit-com star that stumbled onto the wrong stage. Unfortunately for me, if based on the history from the last few months, your view will probably be the majority.

Trump looked like he knew exactly what it takes to run business, and the business environment of our country, and it came across very well tonight. I don't think anyone else on the stage had a clue on how to deal with China. He also owned Cruz (and I'm a Cruz fan, mind you), on the liberal judge issue and the New York comment.

He also handled Governor Nicki Haley's comments on him VERY well. He turned it on its head like a pro debater.

Your comments are the same that the media has been saying since day one, and while I feel that at times myself, it hasn't mattered at all and now its starting to seem a little repetitive and unimaginative (no offense and not just speaking of you, I mean that "in general" when I hear it over and over)

I promise you I went into tonight hoping someone would supplant him because I do worry about his chances in the general election, but I just didn't see anyone knock him out. I'm usually quick to groan when Trump says something silly, but I really didn't see many, if any, of those tonight.

I think Rubio may have helped himself the most as far as which position he'll be in afterward.

Bush was boring and may have even been worse than John Kasich!

I still hope Cruz moves up, I'd be glad to vote for him..

Last edited by John Jett on 1/14/16 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/14/16 11:33 pm

Post LonghornFan
John Jett wrote:
LonghornFan wrote:
John Jett wrote:

Trump looked like he knew exactly what it takes to run business, and the business environment of our country, and it came across very well tonight. I don't think anyone else on the stage had a clue on how to deal with China. He also owned Cruz (and I'm a Cruz fan, mind you), on the liberal judge issue and the New York comment.

He also handled Governor Haley's comments on him VERY well. He turned it on its head.

Your comments are the same that the media has been saying since day one, and while I feel that at times myself, it hasn't mattered at all and now its starting to seem a little repetitive and unimaginative (no offense, I mean that "in general" when I hear it over and over)

I promise you I went into tonight hoping someone would supplant him because I do worry about his chances in the general election, but I just didn't see anyone knock him out.

I think Rubio may have helped himself the most as far as which position he'll be in afterward.

According to realclearpolitics (The average of dozens of polls) Trump loses to Clington. Both Rubio or Cruz beat Clinton.
Friendly Face
1/14/16 11:42 pm

Post John Jett
LonghornFan wrote:

According to realclearpolitics (The average of dozens of polls) Trump loses to Clington. Both Rubio or Cruz beat Clinton.

That is my fear too, but there are other polls that show the opposite. Again, I was looking for someone to move ahead of him tonight. I don't think they did, and I think tonight was a breaking point. I think several of the bottom-tier folks will drop out after tonight and we'll see where we really are after that. Where will their support go? At this point it would take nearly 100% of their support to go to Cruz (or maybe Rubio), to make ANY difference.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/14/16 11:45 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
LonghornFan wrote:
John Jett wrote:
LonghornFan wrote:
John Jett wrote:

He also handled Governor Haley's comments on him VERY well. He turned it on its head.

Your comments are the same that the media has been saying since day one, and while I feel that at times myself, it hasn't mattered at all and now its starting to seem a little repetitive and unimaginative (no offense, I mean that "in general" when I hear it over and over)

I promise you I went into tonight hoping someone would supplant him because I do worry about his chances in the general election, but I just didn't see anyone knock him out.

The more recent polls show Trump beating Hillary.
1/15/16 4:17 am

Post Cojak
[quote="Resident Skeptic"] ...

The more recent polls show Trump beating Hillary.[/quote]

It seems to me Trump will stay on top. I believe in polls. I like GAllop and one that slips my mind now. But it is too early to make a final decision. Many laugh at polls, but the most respected polls are right 'most' of the time. Of course I like for them to agree with me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HOWEVER I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED MY OPINION Y ANY OF THE POLLSTERS! Embarassed Embarassed Confused Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/15/16 12:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic