Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

from a shame, sin and unlawful, to standing ovations in our Capitol Building.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post from a shame, sin and unlawful, to standing ovations in our Capitol Building. Cojak
My heart hurt a little last night when I listened to the first SOTU message in 20 years. And I could hear a president say:

"WE PASSED LEGISLATION ALLOWING CITIZENS TO MARRY WHOM THEY LOVE, it was the right thing to do."

I have learned over the years it is hard to unthrow a rock, or unsay a word. I was thinking if 7 years ago or even 3 years ago someone else would have been elected you would have NOT heard that in the capitol building.

It is now the law of the land, it will not be changed like the rules concerning abortion will NOT change.

The country will survive, we have some wonderful Godly praying folk still in this country. The church will survive but we will lose some of the youth who are enamored by the 'forward thinking' of today. BUT we will survive, God is good and he is on the side of His People. My prayer is we will elect someone who will have common sense and ability to really lead. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/13/16 11:20 am

Post c6thplayer1
I quit watching this garbage because of the disrespect shown by both parties.
A statement is made and half applaud and the other half sit on their hands and frown.

I attended many meetings during my career and heard many things that I did not agree with but never publicly displayed disrespect to the leader or his comments nor did my staff.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/13/16 2:09 pm

Post UncleJD
c6thplayer1 wrote:
A statement is made and half applaud and the other half sit on their hands and frown.

I attended many meetings during my career and heard many things that I did not agree with but never publicly displayed disrespect to the leader or his comments nor did my staff.

To be fair I noticed that on many statements (90% of which were false btw), the GOP side of the isle would politely applaud as well, they just didn't stand. Who in their right mind would? Statements about how good our economy is followed by how bad it is, didn't make a lick of sense.

Did anyone watch Nicki Haley's speech afterwards? Hard not to like her except for the fact of what she did in fear of PC backlash. I wanted to dislike her but wound up thinking she did a pretty good job.

Last edited by UncleJD on 1/13/16 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/13/16 4:06 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I watched something I could trust last night. Andy Griffith. Acts-pert Poster
1/13/16 4:28 pm

Post c6thplayer1
UncleJD wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:

To be fair I noticed that on many statements (90% of which were false btw), the GOP side of the isle would politely applaud as well, they just didn't stand. Who in their right mind would? Statements about how good our economy is followed by how bad it is, didn't make a lick of sense.

Did anyone watch Nicki Haley's speech afterwards? Hard not to like her except for the fact of what she did in fear of PC backlash. I wanted to dislike her but wound up thinking she did a pretty good job.

Your right JD , I'm just not much on disrespect. Guess it was how I was raised.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/13/16 5:11 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic