Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

An Idea for a Christmas Movie

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post An Idea for a Christmas Movie Link
I tried to work out a Christian version of this Santa song.

"You'd better watch out. You'd better not doubt.
You'd better repent and I'm telling you why.
Jesus Christ is coming to earth.

He knows when you are sinning
He knows when you are fake
He knows when you've been bad or good
So repent for His own sake"

My daughter said the original song about Santa was creepy.

"He knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you're awake."

So I was just imagining a trailer for a horror movie where you have some dude with a raspy sounding scary voice saying those words. It's about a guy who flies around on a sled in the winter time, flying down chimneys and butchering people in the knife, and then putting them in a magic sack and flying away.

I don't know if I'd want to them do that to Nicholas of Myra's memory though. Santa Claus is part Nicholas, part Norse mythology, and part English metaphor of father Christmas, who embodied partying around the holiday.

On the other hand, I'm stick of going to Christmas events and just hearing songs about Santa Clause and not about Jesus. The Indonesian community here did that before. Some people got mad at us when we held an event and made it more Christ-centered. In Indonesia, Christmas is a very churchy thing, ironically, and I don't think I can remember seeing any Santa stuff unless it was in an American movie when I was there.

When I was a kid, clowns were supposed to be fun. But people had TVs and lots of other entertainment so we didn't go to the circus anymore. Then, there was a creepy clown in the Stephen King movie "It", and it seems like since then, clowns are usually presented a creepy rather than funny. A truly creepy Santa Claus horror movie or two might do the same with Santa Claus in our culture.
11/28/15 10:32 pm

Post Hey, I Remember at Clown (P) Old Time Country Preacher
Link wrote:
Then, there was a creepy clown in the Stephen King movie "It", and it seems like since then, clowns are usually presented a creepy rather than funny.

Acts-pert Poster
11/29/15 12:22 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic