Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Thanksgiving 2009

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Thanksgiving 2009 Eddie Robbins
I was invited by my daughter to run a 5k. I didn't know anything about races but I fell in love with them. Tomorrow, I will run my 6th half marathon of 2015 and my 86th race. I am really enjoying running. I had no idea about the running community either. I love being a part of it and have witnessing opportunities among runners on social media. I am so thankful for it. Acts-pert Poster
11/25/15 8:53 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie, I am sure that you were surprised at the camaraderie, and enjoy it. Yes I learned that in a more laid back community of AT HIkers. I was also surprised at the Moto-Cross community when my kids raced.

I had never thought about the 'community of folks' attached to running, but in an instant I knew where you were coming from. The couple 'groups' we were associated with really expanded our horizons.

Keep on running, Life is better 'lived'. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/25/15 10:18 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Most of my interaction with runners is on Twitter. Of the 1700 followers I have there, I would guess over 1000 are runners from all over the world. Every Sunday evening, we have a chat together called #runchat. What I have found out about most runners is that they don't discuss religion or politics, which is refreshing on social media. They are also good people. It makes sense. People that are attempting to live a healthy, fit life have a self discipline that spills over onto the other parts of their lives.

Like you say, there are other communities. My wife is involved with quilters. I have seen the AT hiker community interact on Twitter and I follow the official AT group.

What does to all mean? I believe that these communities are places that we can let our light shine without getting in people's faces about our beliefs. I urge everyone to find a community that they are interested in and get involved.
Acts-pert Poster
11/26/15 5:47 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic