Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The Lord's Prayer Banned from British Movie Theaters

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The Lord's Prayer Banned from British Movie Theaters Nick Park
I don't know how many of you saw the news story about UK movie theaters banning a commercial by the Church of England that simply recites the Lord's Prayer. Apparently it was deemed "too offensive" to be shown before the new Star Wars movie! The commercial is actually quite good, and it's interesting that even though the CofE baptizes babies that they included a scene of a believer's baptism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxgwWzh0h-w

And here's a link to a podcast of my interview on Ireland's most popular early evening radio show, discussing the ban:

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/The_Right_Hook/Highlights_from_The_Right_Hook/114718/We_need_to_stop_getting_offended_in_secular_society#.VlYuRPwqgvo.facebook

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
11/25/15 5:19 pm

Post bonnie knox
Nice ad and good interview. (I didn't know you were a priest. Wink Neither did I know what a tomtit was--I had to look that up.) [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/25/15 6:16 pm

Post Cojak
That is a good commercial. Too bad it was banned.

I shed away from radio but this time I thought I would give it a go. That was neat, I could understand the words pretty well. I commented to my wife I was surprised I could understand you better than the interviewer.

Thanks for the post. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/25/15 6:33 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Britannia is on the precipice of a Muslim invasion and they are concerned about the Lord's Prayer being offensive? Shocked Acts-pert Poster
11/25/15 10:34 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Perhaps the free entry of Muslim refugees has brought about this change.

Folks seem to go out of their way to give them carte blanche on not depicting Muhammed, or making fun of them, or saying there are Muslim terrorists BECAUSE they believe the Koran - not in spite of it.

Perhaps they believe God wants you to be hungry and destitute and in fear for your life everyday. Somehow, they keep those beliefs when coming to their new lands because their system seems so correct.

But - Christian ideals need to be shut down - because they cause so much misery.

And the earth will end due to man-made global warming in a few years.
And the easter bunny lays colorful eggs.
And Iran builds nukes for energy purposes only.

I tell you - everything is backwards. It is a sure sign it is a spiritual condition - because the smallest human intelligence screams otherwise.
11/26/15 10:02 am

Post Nick Park
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Perhaps the free entry of Muslim refugees has brought about this change.

Folks seem to go out of their way to give them carte blanche on not depicting Muhammed, or making fun of them, or saying there are Muslim terrorists BECAUSE they believe the Koran - not in spite of it.

Perhaps they believe God wants you to be hungry and destitute and in fear for your life everyday. Somehow, they keep those beliefs when coming to their new lands because their system seems so correct.

But - Christian ideals need to be shut down - because they cause so much misery.

And the earth will end due to man-made global warming in a few years.
And the easter bunny lays colorful eggs.
And Iran builds nukes for energy purposes only.

I tell you - everything is backwards. It is a sure sign it is a spiritual condition - because the smallest human intelligence screams otherwise.

I don't think even the Donald would try to argue that militant atheistic secularism in Britain is the fault of Syrian refugees. Smile

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
11/26/15 4:37 pm

Post Cojak
Nick Park wrote:

I don't think even the Donald would try to argue that militant atheistic secularism in Britain is the fault of Syrian refugees. Smile

I wouldn't bet on it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/26/15 5:29 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic