Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Lee University and Donald Trump

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Lee University and Donald Trump cogalltheway
Recently, the Voices of Lee sang at a Donald Trump rally. Somewhat of a controversy ensued after the Director, Danny Murray, put a selfie of him and Donald on Facebook.

The post and thread have been removed but not before significant resistance from several students, former students and former Voices members.

Should Lee university use its talented ministry and music students to support political candidates?

Did this rally raise money for Trump?

What if Bernie or Hillary asked the Voices to perform? Would those candidates receive the same endorsement and support?

Personally, I think it is remarkable for them to sing on virtually any platform. They have the opportunity to share the gospel with people that may or may not hear it otherwise. I don't think the Trump campaign rises or falls on their involvement and I think this is a continued excellence from Lee. Unfortunately many others may not see it this way. Your thoughts?
Friendly Face
11/24/15 10:31 am

Post Re: Lee University and Donald Trump Old Time Country Preacher
cogalltheway wrote:
What if Bernie or Hillary asked the Voices to perform? Would those candidates receive the same endorsement and support?

Absolutely Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To sing for Hillary would be glorifyin abortion, gay marriage, an ever other liberal left loose lascivious licentious lewd lying lunaticish thing imaginable. An any Christian who votes for Hillary needs to come home to Jesus cause they a prodigal livin in a far country away from God.
Acts-pert Poster
11/24/15 11:05 am

Post Kyle Morrow
This is the first time I have been disappointed in my Alma Matter. They festival choir was criticized for singing at the Inaugaration, but that was the President, like him or not, respect the office. As far as Trump, he's a racist hack. I still think Lee is the best University in America, and Voices of Lee are second to none.
11/24/15 12:08 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Lee should sing at every political rally they are invited to - including Hillary Clinton. And Danny Murray should get his picture with all of them.

As long as the Voices get to choose the songs they sing - what is the problem?

Don't the supporters of Trump or Hillary need to hear about Jesus?
11/24/15 12:42 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Hillary supporters has got a seared conscience Acts-pert Poster
11/24/15 1:03 pm

Post Change Agent
Should play at all political rallies or no political rallies. You would think that Lee would have some policy where they can play or not play. Acts Enthusiast
11/24/15 3:55 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
You can only play if invited.

If you show up uninvited - you are probably arrested.
11/24/15 6:19 pm

Post bonnie knox
I'd say no to political rallies for candidates currently campaigning. Yes, to events that are associated with an office and not just a candidate (such as inaugurations). [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/24/15 6:45 pm

Post UncleJD
so the members of the Cleveland Democratic party got upset??? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/24/15 7:46 pm

Post If Danny Murray did it, I'm pretty much for it. Aaron Scott
Danny Murray is the premier worship leader of the Church of God. He and a few other extraordinary worship leaders are at the pinnacle of excellence. He has always seemed to be able to flow with the Spirit, all while finding those songs that bless everyone, and not just the edgiest or fuddy-duddiest folks.

If he went--and as NBF said, he would have had to have been invited--I'm good with that, so long as they don't displease the Lord...of which I am confident that if Murray felt a check in his spirit, he would have followed whatever the Spirit wanted.

Joseph, Nehemiah, Daniel, and others served kings that were heathen and perhaps even worse.

By the way, Lee also sang at Obama's inauguration. And I'm sure they would be happy to sing for God and Country at a rock concert, if invited.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/24/15 8:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic