Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Awesome Testimony

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Awesome Testimony wayne
Our Church has witnessed some drastic changes in the lives of some of our new converts.
Here is the testimony of one such man by his wife, be blessed!

This is something I never thought I'd see. Anyone who knows Jose, knows he's a stubborn "man of evidence", as he calls himself. He once completely denied the existence of God. Not too long ago, actually. He would argue with anyone who mentioned the name "Jesus". He criticized every christian he came into contact with. Mumbled and grumbled when he would see a cross hanging in someone's rear view mirror. He even hated Christmas. He was an atheist. Flat out. While I had gotten back into church, Jose was at home, annoyed because he didn't agree with what I was doing. He couldn't believe I was becoming "one of them." It caused some tension between us and we stopped speaking for a couple of weeks. I guess it started to weigh on his mind because one night, while sitting alone in the living room, Jose got down on his knees and demanded that God show him that He's real. He told Him, "Prove it. Show me if You're there." Almost instantly Jose was filled with the Holy Spirit. There was NO MISTAKING it. We weren't speaking to each other so I didn't expect him to just come to me yapping LOL but he did. He couldn't hold it in! He came to me and said "God's real Jennifer. He's really real. He showed me." I thought he was messing with me. I couldn't believe my ears. It took me a moment to process what he had said. I was in awe. Let me tell you this folks- If God didn't abandon Jose Barrera, He isn't going to abandon you. You just have to let Him in. As much as Jose slandered God, even I thought he was doomed. But God never left him. He is a loving God, a merciful God, an AWESOME GOD. Today I am blessed to be able to say that I witnessed this FORMER atheist, get baptized! Praise be to God! I can't stop the happy tears!

We also have a video of Jose's baptism on our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/MISSION-Church-of-God-10150110188580184/
Acts Enthusiast
11/23/15 2:43 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Praise God!! Thanks for sharing. I am going to the FB page to see his baptism. Friendly Face
11/23/15 4:06 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic