Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

So Travis, what is your plan for states electing an AB?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post So Travis, what is your plan for states electing an AB? doyle
I almost always enjoy the creative and thoughtful posts you make. Your post about it being time for states to elect their AB, has received a good response. What plan would you have for that to be carried out?

When would such elections be held? Who qualifies? Must the one elected be from that state? I think that is the requirement the AG has for their state elections. Or, could state ministers elect anyone they choose whether the person is in-state or not? Could for example, one state elect an AB or other Ordained minister from another state if he was willing to serve? Could women be elected?

Above are just a few questions but overall, what plan do you feel would be best? How about leading a discussion where all our viewers could help design and facilitate the process of states electing their AB.

Doyle

Last edited by doyle on 11/24/15 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
11/20/15 12:08 pm

Post Travis Johnson
We're on a bit of a crazy cycle. We can do much better.

THINK ABOUT THIS:
If you're in a small state/region, you get an overseer for 2-4 years and he gets promoted. If you're in a large state, you get an overseer for the last 2-4 years of his tenure. There is very limited value for the good of the state/regions in that rotation. Appointments coupled with limited tenure is not working.

We need good leaders. And, when we have good leaders, we need to be able to keep them. Cycling and promoting via a leadership Merry-Go-Round does not help our churches and states/regions.

We can deal with it by appointing better leaders and removing tenure (tenure has got to go...even if we aren't electing).

Maybe we deal with this problem by electing ABs via ministers. Some think that would be too political. I struggle to see how we can possibly be more political than what we are already doing.

Maybe we elect via the state council. There would certainly be merit in that. That is a very good idea I've hear bounced around.

Maybe we just need to get rid of ADMINISTRATIVE BISHOPS altogether and replace them with APOSTOLIC BISHOPS.

We can hire CFOs and managers all day long. But, what we really need is apostolic vision for our states and regions. We have some Administrative Bishops like that. But, that needs to be the chief aim.
Acts-dicted
11/20/15 4:11 pm

Post Cojak
Travis Wrote:
Maybe we deal with this problem by electing ABs via ministers. Some think that would be too political. I struggle to see how we can possibly be more political than what we are already doing. (I had to smile at that)

Maybe we elect via the state council. There would certainly be merit in that. That is a very good idea I've hear bounced around.
end Quote

From the pew and remembering a past life, I would like to see every minister within each state have a vote. Evangelist, pastor and retired. I would like to see it in several rounds, First to narrow the field down to the top 5 or ten then continue the vote until there is a pecking order. Then approach the individuals.

With the electronics we have today and programmers it could show true immediate transparency! The minsters would not feel so isolated. I am sure there are better methods, but I would love to see it come to pass. Always KIS (S) Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/21/15 9:33 pm

Post deltaman
Cojak wrote:
Travis Wrote:
Maybe we deal with this problem by electing ABs via ministers. Some think that would be too political. I struggle to see how we can possibly be more political than what we are already doing. (I had to smile at that)

end Quote

From the pew and remembering a past life, I would like to see every minister within each state have a vote. Evangelist, pastor and retired. I would like to see it in several rounds, First to narrow the field down to the top 5 or ten then continue the vote until there is a pecking order. Then approach the individuals.

With the electronics we have today and programmers it could show true immediate transparency! The minsters would not feel so isolated. I am sure there are better methods, but I would love to see it come to pass. Always KIS (S) Cool

I am in favor of the States electing their own Bishops. I would not be opposed to the Executive Committee presenting 3-4 qualified and proven men for election. Different ones for each state, not running the same 3-4 in all states until they are elected. BUT, I would prefer for each state to elect the State Overseer from their own ranks of Ordained Bishops who are pastors and have a proven pastoral leadership. Perhaps we could present a list of qualifications for a State Overseer:
1. Hold Ordained Bishop credentials for at least 5 years (seasoned and proven ministry, not a novice)
2. Be actively involved in pastoral ministry holding the position of Senior Pastor at the same church for at least 3 consecutive years within the State.
3. Be a resident of the State where he is nominated for at least 5 years (must know the men he will be elected to lead)
4. Be eligible to serve for 12 years, Three 4 year terms
5. Elections for State Overseer would be every 4 years.
6. All Ordained Ministers and Ordained Bishops who are pastors would be allowed to vote.
7. Two representatives from the Church Council or the Entire Church Council of each church in the state would also be allowed to vote.
8. We could make it even more democratic and allow every member of the church who is over the age of 16 to cast a vote on who they would want as their State Overseer.

We could discuss other qualifications. But who else would be more qualified to lead a state to the next level than a pastor within that state who has a proven ministry and is respected and recognized by his peers. This would eliminate the cultural misstep often made in sending someone into a culture they do not know or are unfamiliar with, ie: Southeastern tradition COG into non traditional non south Northeast or Northwest, or Southwest, or Eastern Canada, or etc......
11/23/15 1:39 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Lets quit getting guys moved around the country - unless no one in the state is qualified...which will be rare.

Ministers in each state should promote one of their OWN - with someone serving as evang. director as a training ground to take over next.

They will know their state better than the next guy coming from Northern Idaho or wherever.
11/23/15 2:28 pm

Post Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Lets quit getting guys moved around the country - unless no one in the state is qualified...which will be rare.

Ministers in each state should promote one of their OWN - with someone serving as evang. director as a training ground to take over next.

They will know their state better than the next guy coming from Northern Idaho or wherever.

Yeah it would be nice to have a man who didn't have to learn the state and churches along with pastors. Good point.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/23/15 6:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic