Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Preferring Christian Rather Than Muslim Refugees, IS TOTALLY American

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Preferring Christian Rather Than Muslim Refugees, IS TOTALLY American doyle
Should the immigration doors to Muslims be completely closed? No. There are Muslims who are excellent citizens; hard-working family people who have made good citizens.

As a hospital and ER Chaplain, I meet some of them almost every day. At our hospital (Piedmont/Henry County) just South of the Atlanta Airport, most patients lists their religious preference as Baptist, Methodists, Presbyterian, Christian Church, and a sprinkling of Pentecostals. On average, we also have a few patients listed as Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist, usually about two of each faith group.

Most of our Chaplain visits are to those in the most medical danger, but there is usually time for me to stop by the rooms occupied by the few Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhist.

The night when many were killed and wounded in Paris, I was in the ER with a large family of Muslims. Their Great-Grandmother was there because of breathing difficulties. When I introduced myself as a Chaplain, one woman stepped cautiously behind a curtain and peeked out enough to see me. She and the others, had expected me, a Christian, to castigate them.

As I voiced concern for the matriarch of their family, spoke kindly to them and her, they warmed to my visit. One grasped my hand and shared how much they appreciated me coming by. The others nodded in agreement.
I didn't force a prayer but in departing, did say, "I have you on my heart and will be remembering you in my prayers. They said, "Thank you."

It would not qualify as an altar call but it did open a kind dialogue and potential for a follow-up visit when the Great Grandmother is moved up to a regular room.

So, should the immigration door be closed to Muslims? No, but should a nation founded by Christians, designed and developed by Christians and defended mostly by Christians since prior to 1776, prefer bringing in persecuted Christians over other faith groups?

When Obama says that preferring persecuted Christians to other faith groups is "un-American," he once again has no clue about what he's talking about. According to an article by Pat Buchanan, "All U.S. immigration laws enacted before 1965, were pro Christian. President Calvin Coolidge signed laws that restricted immigration to Europeans.

"Were Harry Truman and Woodrow Wilson, who called ours a 'Christian Nation,' un-American?" To view the entire article:

http://wnd.com/2015/11/the-end-of-obamaworld/

Doyle
11/20/15 11:06 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Yes.
11/20/15 11:35 am

Post Cojak
"Were Harry Truman and Woodrow Wilson, who called ours a 'Christian Nation,' un-American?"

NO!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/20/15 2:34 pm

Post Link
I was thinking about this and then heard one of the commentators on conservative talk radio make a point. Existing US immigration law puts an emphasis on persecuted minorities such as religious minorities.

A refugee seeking asylum could show (or have his lawyer show) some video of Christians being beheaded as evidence for his request for asylum. I was outside of Jakarta during the 1998 riots. One of my friends lived in Jakarta. Hi daughter was at a friends house when the worst of it broke out. Some people think a faction in the military was killing Chinese. Someone was raping the Chinese women, sometimes to death. The rumors I heard of were about the masses doing it, but there were stories circulating about large, fully-grown men wearing high school uniforms and combat boots raping the women.

My friend told his daughter to stay at the friend's house overnight, clearing it with the parent there. He got up about 3 AM and drove over there to get her. On the way there, he took some pictures of severed Chinese heads and dead bodies on the road, and when he drove back, they were gone. He let Chinese people he knew seeking asylum in the US use the photos. He showed me a picture in an album that 'someone' had took. I saw a couple of photos and saw the stack of heads and said that was enough for me.

These days, you can find this kind of gruesome evidence right on the Internet. You don't have to know someone who drove through the midst of a killing spree when it comes to finding evidence for Isis' persecution of Christians.
11/20/15 6:26 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
"Were Harry Truman and Woodrow Wilson, who called ours a 'Christian Nation,' un-American?"

NO!

The current POTUS is un-American in so many of his policies.
Acts-pert Poster
11/20/15 7:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic