Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pentecostals in Politics

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pentecostals in Politics Link
I heard that a Pentecostal ran for president in Guatemala, where about a third of the population is Protestant, mostly Pentecostal.

In the US, the most prominent Pentecostal political figure I can think of has been John Ashcroft.

In Indonesia, I hear Ahok, the governor of Jakarta goes to a Charismatic church. A lot of GBI (Indonesian COG) churches call themselves 'Karismatik' so he could be in GBI for all I know. I spoke with his sister at a Transformations conference, and they believe in the gifts. His brother was some kind of government official, governor or assistant governor or provincial head for a smaller province, and he spoke briefly during a presentation at one of the conferences one year. My wife had prophesied that Christians would begin to get into high level government roles in Indonesia. It's kind of rare for Christians to be in high levels of the government there. Things fell into place for Ahok to be governor. He's Chinese on top of that, which is even more unusual.

I'm listening to a video of him giving a testimony at a GBI (COG) giving a testimony, talking about how he got into politics, about how he prays in the morning, and asking for prayer.

In this video, someone testifies that the Holy Spirit woke her and told her that Ahok that was His choice to be the top leader in the nation, after meeting him. She asked for certain signs, and spoke to him on the phone. Before she could talk to him about it, he asked her what the Lord had told her about him. When she told him that he would be a candidate for president, she said that he said that she was the third person who told him that. Someone in the comments wrote about a vision he had about Ahok being president and that Ahok would stand up to China.

It's in Indonesian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfykDF7ss6M

I don't know the people in the video or the poster. This is the first I heard of it. But it's pretty cool. Having Charismatic president, Christian president, or even a Chinese president of Indonesia are all seem like miracles to me. They may have to amend the constitution to let a Christian be president.
11/17/15 10:28 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann. Acts-pert Poster
11/18/15 8:55 am

Post Link
Sarah Palin, yeah, that's pretty obvious. I don't see how I could forget. She wasn't governor long. I knew Michelle Bachman was evangelical. I didn't know she was Charismatic.
11/18/15 7:02 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic