Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Brain-storming

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Brain-storming Ernie Long
I am thinking about getting a few members together to brain storm ideas for moving our church forward. A few new attenders have commented to me about the strong presence of the Lord in our services and according to them that is rare in our area.

The church attendance is mid 30's to mid 40's and is made up of people from the age of 28 to 93, most are in their late 40's to early 50's. Lack of finances has always been an issue as well as consistent attendance.

All the people tell me they are excited about our church, but I have only one or two who invite anyone to church.

I have a couple of people who have ideas, but never want to be the ones to implement them and that is my problem. We can come up with some great ideas, but I can rarely get anyone to do anything.

At the present time we are meeting on Sunday mornings only. Those of you who have brain stormed before, how did you take the ideas from the talking stage to implementing them?
Acts Enthusiast
11/10/15 1:24 pm

Post Cojak
This can work, but you may be surprised at some suggestions. I am a firm believer that leadership should be open to the flock, some of them can have great ideas. Of course I have seen some duds! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/10/15 1:55 pm

Post Kevin Walker
Take a notebook and write out all of the ideas that you have. Rank them from the most do-able to the least. And start, one by one, going through the list one at a time. In order to start implementing ideas, you have to take one and implement it. Otherwise you'll always be talking about it, but never doing anything about it. And that leads to a lot of frustration. It's a scary step, especially at first.

Now, when you start this, people will react in one of two ways: (1) they'll be on board, excited, and ready to take another step, or (2) they'll get angry and grumble (some may even leave). But those who care about the future of the church (and not just about having church their way) will support you.
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
11/11/15 12:37 pm

Post Isn't there any Pastors left here anymore Ernie Long
that does brain storming?

I thought I would get more replies than just two. Embarassed
Acts Enthusiast
11/16/15 1:47 pm

Post Cojak
I think some pastors have gotten burned and decided to do their own brain storming. In reality in a smaller church your most vocal folk will LOVE brain storming as long as their ideas are considered as gospel.

I know we have experienced that in small group settings with discussions, some of which could have been considered 'brain storming'.

If it could be possible to 'hand pick' without appearing to be 'The Click', your best thoughtful folk, 'twould be good.

But in reality it can be dangerous. Shocked It is surprising what some of us out in the pews think is a good idea! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/16/15 2:22 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic