Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A.A. Allen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Carolyn Smith
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Tell ya what, OT... you focus on the ones that weren't real, and I'll focus on the ones that were healed. Because there were many, many who were healed.

I just taught yesterday about how the Pharisees were upset that Jesus healed on the Sabbath instead of rejoicing over the paralyzed man who was healed. Never fails to amaze me.

Carolyn, I ain't focusin on them what was not healed. I was addressin what some say, that we don't see nairy as many healed today. I agree with ya that many many folk WAS healed, but ever single one of em died of somethin later on--lessen they still livin, an even then they gonna die. The Pharisees were not upset about the healing, they was upset about the Sabbath. To discern, validate, verify IS NOT bein a Pharisee, IT IS doing exactly what John said to do, to discern the spirits to see if they from God. I aint trying to argue with ya bout healing, hey, I know God heals. But I also know that not everybody is healed.

Not everyone is healed, sadly enough. But most in this thread went immediately towards the negative. I find that sad, too.

I know exactly what the Pharisees were upset about. And they missed the whole point of the healing, caught up in their own little world of rules and controlling others with them.

You sure do like to verify things, OT.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/17/15 12:05 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Carolyn Smith wrote:
You sure do like to verify things, OT.

I probly wouldn't feel like at if the good Book hadn't said to do so, but it does. Don't take anything at face value. Test/Discern the spirits. See if they from God. They is a bunch a fake preachers/proclaimers and fake claims of healing (an fake docters too Cool ).
Acts-pert Poster
11/17/15 12:46 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Many years ago I heard a teaching from 1 Cor 12 in which the person taught on what they called the motivational gifts of the Spirit. This took the gifts of the Spirit and examined them and identified how our spiritual gifts motivate us as a person and how we see life. (Going on a dim remembrance here...) But it was pointed out to me that my gift is mercy. I see the need for mercy & compassion and respond strongly to it.

You, OTCP, would probably fall under the spiritual gifts of prophet (truth is very black & white, point the way to truth) and teacher (truth is the motivator, so I must find and proclaim truth.)

Thinking on this conversation this morning brought this to mind and reminds me why we are so often on different sides of the same fence.
11/17/15 7:34 am

Carolyn Smith wrote:
Many years ago I heard a teaching from 1 Cor 12 in which the person taught on what they called the motivational gifts of the Spirit. This took the gifts of the Spirit and examined them and identified how our spiritual gifts motivate us as a person and how we see life. (Going on a dim remembrance here...) But it was pointed out to me that my gift is mercy. I see the need for mercy & compassion and respond strongly to it.

You, OTCP, would probably fall under the spiritual gifts of prophet (truth is very black & white, point the way to truth) and teacher (truth is the motivator, so I must find and proclaim truth.)

Thinking on this conversation this morning brought this to mind and reminds me why we are so often on different sides of the same fence.

Blessed be, Carolyn, at does sound like the ole timer, but more important an all, does this mean I can now use the title "Prophet?" Cool

Hey, we aint always on opposite sides, they is much more in common theologically than they is difference. After all, the ole timer was once in the same room with you and John.

Prophet OTCP
Acts-pert Poster
11/17/15 10:24 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Blessed be, Carolyn, at does sound like the ole timer, but more important an all, does this mean I can now use the title "Prophet?" Cool

Hey, we aint always on opposite sides, they is much more in common theologically than they is difference. After all, the ole timer was once in the same room with you and John.

Prophet OTCP

Hey...whatever floats your boat, OT. Though Prophet OTCP is a bit cumbersome.

Once in the same room with us, huh? Interesting...
11/18/15 12:09 am

Post bonnie knox
Ole Timer, sometimes we know just what ya gonna say, and then sometimes ya sprang one a them suprizes on us just right outta tha clair blue.
So you was in tha same room with Carolyn and John.... Yep, that's innersting. You do git around, doncha?
Have we ever met?

Quote:
After all, the ole timer was once in the same room with you and John.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/18/15 8:09 am

bonnie knox wrote:
Ole Timer, sometimes we know just what ya gonna say, and then sometimes ya sprang one a them suprizes on us just right outta tha clair blue.
So you was in tha same room with Carolyn and John.... Yep, that's innersting. You do git around, doncha?
Have we ever met?

Quote:

Well, since I don't know who ya are, hey, I don't know. Pikeville aint at far from SEBTS, so, hey, I mighta met you an the chief while teachin one a them classes. Cool

But I knowed John/Carolyn fer a long time now--------at a distance of course--------not personally, but I knowed who they was.
Acts-pert Poster
11/18/15 10:39 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Pikeville aint at far from SEBTS.

SEBTS is in Wake Forest, NC, and that's over 300 miles from Pikeville. At's a right far piece if ya ask me.
Are you saying you taught classes there? Me and the chief ain't taken no classes there, but our son did play basketball at the homeschool tournament there. (He also attended some basketball practices there. Once while he was practicing I thought I'd stretch my legs a little and I strolled around campus. I got some mighty mean looks. I think I was strolling by the men's dormitories, and, boy, they sure are uptight about keeping women in their place! I reckon a short, fat, middle-aged woman out for a little fresh air might still be a JEZEBEL under that innocuous exterior!)
Ole Timer, I'm Bonnie. At's ma real name! So in a way ya do know me, just not personally, I reckon.

By the way, I'm not meaning to hijack the thread. My brother-in-law and his wife traveled some with A. A. Allen. I heard nothing but good things about him from them.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/18/15 12:52 pm

bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
Pikeville aint at far from SEBTS.

SEBTS is in Wake Forest, NC, and that's over 300 miles from Pikeville. At's a right far piece if ya ask me.

Ifn we was back in the horse/buggy days, but in momma's new Chrysler 300, hey, me an her can cut down 300 miles in no time, specially if she knows they is a Shoneys at the place we headin. I only mentioned SEBTS cause you said you an the chief aint far from there. Nope, I aint ever taught there.
Acts-pert Poster
11/18/15 2:53 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
bonnie knox wrote:
Have we ever met?

Quote:

Well, since I don't know who ya are, hey, I don't know. Pikeville aint at far from SEBTS, so, hey, I mighta met you an the chief while teachin one a them classes. Cool

But I knowed John/Carolyn fer a long time now--------at a distance of course--------not personally, but I knowed who they was.

This really doesn't narrow it down much for me. We went to ECBC & traveled all over the country doing Granpa Cratchet, even stopping at the International offices once. Unless OTCP means Pikeville NC. Of course, he didn't say we knew him. Interesting...

(Any my apologies for hijaking. OTCP lead us down an intriguing rabbit trail...)
11/19/15 7:28 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic