Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A.A. Allen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt
Dr. Melvin Harter (that's an earned, ATS-accredited doctorate, by the way) claims that Allen was not an alcoholic, and was framed, both in the DUI incident (someone spiked his drink), and in the circumstance surrounding his death. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/10/15 12:24 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Dr. Melvin Harter (that's an earned, ATS-accredited doctorate, by the way) claims that Allen was not an alcoholic, and was framed, both in the DUI incident (someone spiked his drink), and in the circumstance surrounding his death.

How did some frame his Cirrhosis of the liver?
Acts-pert Poster
11/10/15 12:36 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
The contention is that the coroner was bribed. Even if he was not, nonalcoholic cirrhosis of the liver is definitely a possible explanation.

I wonder why we are we so quick to believe the worst about someone? And what possible good does it do anyone to believe Allen was really a closet alcoholic?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/10/15 1:44 am

Post Carolyn Smith
God uses flawed vessels. I don't claim to understand it.

I bet He's even used some of you. Wink
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/10/15 6:43 am

Quiet Wyatt wrote:
The contention is that the coroner was bribed. Even if he was not, nonalcoholic cirrhosis of the liver is definitely a possible explanation.

I wonder why we are we so quick to believe the worst about someone? And what possible good does it do anyone to believe Allen was really a closet alcoholic?

I'm not quick to believe the worst, but I've never seen any evidence to the contrary.
Acts-pert Poster
11/10/15 8:49 am

Post Eddie Robbins
There are lots of ways to abuse the body, causing disease and eventual death. Some are looked at differently than others. Acts-pert Poster
11/10/15 8:52 am

Post sheepdogandy
I'm not quick to believe the worst, but I've never seen any evidence to the contrary.[/quote]

Can you produce evidence to prove the allegations?

Again, which denomination did Allen belong to?

Not a trap question, I really don't know.

www.spwc.church
11/10/15 8:58 am

Post diakoneo
Carolyn Smith wrote:
R W Schambach worked with A A Allen early in his ministry & told stories about him.

I heard him tell this story via radio before and found it on Youtube. It looks like there are other Youtube videos available about AA Allen, also.

"The Greatest Miracle I Ever Saw"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCTdZ5UjF1A

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oBxPoocrTs

That was awesome!
Thanks for posting...
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/10/15 9:24 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
sheepdogandy wrote:

Again, which denomination did Allen belong to?

Not a trap question, I really don't know.

Allen had been an AOG evangelist.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/10/15 10:07 am

Post Allen was AG brotherjames
But his ministry became primarily to African Americans and the AG was kind of racist back then and they revoked his credentials for some other offense and raised up and promoted Jack Coe as the "official" healing evangelist of the AG. But as I said previously, my wife was raised in the sawdust of Oral Roberts, A A Allen, Jack Coe and others in the fifties. She said she saw in Allen's ministry more unbelievable miracles than just about any one else. Acts-celerater
11/10/15 11:40 am

Post JLarry
Just before I began in the ministry our pastor called a meeting of all male members in the church.

He told that a member of our church which was a minister had fallen into the sin of infidelity. He said it was his job to dis-fellowship the minister.

When he called his name I was blown away. I had been to his tent revivals and was blessed by his ministry. I did not even know he was a member of our church.

This really bothered me. I could not understand how a man who was guilty of infidelity could be used of God. I believe the Lord spoke to me and said: "It was not him, it was the faith of the people who attended his meetings".

Some go to certain meetings expecting to be healed. Benny Hinn is a good example. They see so many miracles they believe if Benny prays for them they will be healed.

A personal example: As a boy T. L. Lowery prayed for me and my eyes that had been crossed since birth was instantly straightened. When I came back to God at 19, I went to a service where Bro. Lowery was preaching. I needed a healing and thought for sure if he prayed for me I would be healed. I was so let down when it did not happen. I was really expecting to get my miracle.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/10/15 12:04 pm

Post Link
sheepdogandy wrote:
Which denomination?

If it can be proven that the allegations of alcohol use are false.

It would be great to vindicate a falsely accused man.

That's a lot of "if's" there.

Usually, allegations need to be proven true. IMO, a story in a newspaper is not truth. If there were no pills or whiskey bottles in the hotel room when he died, that doesn't prove he never had a problem with alcohol.

The man who emailed me didn't mention the denomination. AA Allen was in the A/G before he went independent. Part of miracle valley as rented out to an A/G ministry after he died.
11/10/15 2:41 pm

Post Link
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Dr. Melvin Harter (that's an earned, ATS-accredited doctorate, by the way) claims that Allen was not an alcoholic, and was framed, both in the DUI incident (someone spiked his drink), and in the circumstance surrounding his death.

How did some frame his Cirrhosis of the liver?

The preacher I was corresponding with said the coroner sent $10,000 to the ministry to refund the bribe he took before he committed suicide.
11/10/15 2:49 pm

Post Link
This is an interesting clip

https://youtu.be/Fpa97ov2XS4?t=30
11/10/15 2:50 pm

JLarry wrote:
As a boy T. L. Lowery prayed for me and my eyes that had been crossed since birth was instantly straightened. When I came back to God at 19, I went to a service where Bro. Lowery was preaching. I needed a healing and thought for sure if he prayed for me I would be healed. I was so let down when it did not happen. I was really expecting to get my miracle.

The woffie would say "you didn't have enough faith."

Dake would say it is your right as a believer to walk in health. You're not exercising your right.

The hyper-Calvinist would say, "Miracles aint for today."

Kenny/Gloria would say, "treat your symptom as sin and resist/rebuke it, don't accept it.

The Bible says God is sovereign and operates according to his will. An ifn ya didn't git ya miracle, just like Paul didn't git release from the thorn in his flesh, God gave ya grace, Larry, to press on.
Acts-pert Poster
11/10/15 3:59 pm

Post OTCP brotherjames
Not to hijack this thread but your exegesis is showing. Paul's thorn WAS NOT SICKNESS for the last time, it was a demonic spirit sent to trouble him. There is NOTHING that indicates he was sick or if he ever was that he didn't recover. Sometimes I wonder if your parody name is covering up cessationist, non-miraculous theology. Just sayin... Acts-celerater
11/10/15 4:26 pm

Post Re: OTCP diakoneo
brotherjames wrote:
Not to hijack this thread but your exegesis is showing. Paul's thorn WAS NOT SICKNESS for the last time, it was a demonic spirit sent to trouble him. There is NOTHING that indicates he was sick or if he ever was that he didn't recover. Sometimes I wonder if your parody name is covering up cessationist, non-miraculous theology. Just sayin...

brotherjames, was Paul not submitted to God? Seems if it was the devil, then Paul could have just submitted and resisted and the devil would flee. The context clearly bears out an infirmity of some type.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/10/15 6:43 pm

Post sheepdogandy
It was his eyes.

Paul's eyes affected by his Damascus road experience, kind of like Jacob's limp.

Paul would have rebuked any unclean spirit and kept on keeping on.

www.spwc.church
11/10/15 8:48 pm

Post Cojak
It would have sure slowed the snide jokes down if his name had been B.A Allen or L.A Allen. I never attended one of his meetings. I never felt impressed to, I guess I put 'Faith Healers' in an area I did not understand, being raised that 'It wasn't good to be a generation of folks that looked only for a sign.'

Not to say at all, that there weren't real miracles, there are too many testimonies from good folk to the contrary.

A.A. Allen? I have HEARD good and bad, I do not know, but God Does. Cool
My daddy would say, I would rather believe he was a saint.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/10/15 10:03 pm

Post By Allen's own admission he struggled with alchohol early on.... caseyleejones
That said, there were numerous allegations and really none were verified. I also knew a person who was pretty much his right hand man. He and his wife were around him pretty much 24/7 and they claim they never saw him take a drink.

I knew more than one that pretty much followed him at that time. The miracles that transpired before their eyes was nothing like they had ever seen before.
Acts-perienced Poster
11/11/15 10:55 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic